Training

3 messages
08/10/2002 at 14:56
Although I seldom get a cold, I find that after about a mile of running (and other exercise) my nose starts running as fast as the legs! and I find I have to use tissues throughout the training session. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there anything I can do to prevent it.?
08/10/2002 at 15:11
Simple answers: Yes, everyone I know who runs gets it to some extent, and No, there's no cure for it. However, I find that chewing a couple of bits of Airwaves chewing gum 10 minutes bofore a run means that the first good blow gets rid of most of it, and its nothing worse than a sniffle after that.

I used to think that football players were just being crass "snotting" of the pitch, but since I started running, I have a bit more sympathy. Can't see them using tissues though!
WildWill    pirate
08/10/2002 at 15:40
I think it is just someting we learn to live with as runners - as stated on an earlier thread, I myself am not a tissue man, I prefer:

SNIF, HACK and SPIT

;o)

Will

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.