VLM training- ABSOLUTE begginer- anyone in SE London want to train

6 messages
15/10/2013 at 11:56

Hi I amazingly got a place in the VLM and am starting to train completely from scratch. Does anyone in SE London want to train together? Alternatively can you suggest a running club in the Lewisham/blackheath/Greenwich or other SE London areas where people are actually begginers? Thanks

15/10/2013 at 14:01

I would suggest looking on the Run England website, these groups are aimed spcifically at beginners alongside starting the Couch to 5km training programme.  Personally I would defer your marathon entry for a year as you are likely to injure yourself going from zero to marathon by April next year...

15/10/2013 at 14:15
Charlotte , how fit are you at the moment?
I wouldn't give up hope already. There are thousands of people who go from nothing to a marathon in 6 months. You will have to start training now though as you will need to a have a reasonable amount of fitness before starting your proper marathon programme.
15/10/2013 at 14:16

Charlotte - If you start now and build up slowly you'll be able to complete the marathon. What are your goals for the marathon? Just complete it? or run it in a specific time?

As Elizabeth has suggested - Run England will have a lot of listings for local clubs but why not start going along to your local parkrun. There may be some clubs represented there or could you ask for a recommendation.

Well done on getting into London.

15/10/2013 at 14:19

If you can live in SE London, then the marathon should be nothing to you.

19/10/2013 at 18:07

I live and love living in South East London thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.