Wary of Overdoing It

8 messages
13/01/2013 at 16:45

My plan is to run every other day (I'm a complete beginner btw, on week 2 of an easy C25K), but I missed yesterday as I wasn't feeling well, so ran today. I'm not worried about having had two rest days, but I would rather run on Monday and Wednesday than run on Tuesday. I feel completely fine after today's run and see no reason why I wouldn't be up to it tomorrow. Would I be putting myself at risk of injury if I ran tomorrow? I'm not about to start training every day, but Tuesday is less convenient than Monday iyswim.

13/01/2013 at 17:48
I think you'll be fine to run tomorrow, but see how you go during the session. Slow it down a bit if you have any pains - but that goes for any run really... I think a one off consecutive days run is fine.
13/01/2013 at 17:51
Though quick question: if you are running every other day won't you have to alternate days doing Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun then Tue/Thu/Sat...?
13/01/2013 at 18:39

I will have to, yes. But I'll cross the Tuesday bridge next week if I have to! It's simply that I don't work on Tuesdays, so have the chance of a tiny lie in (7ish instead of 6ish) but if I run in the morning I will have to be up at 6ish. Evenings aren't easy as my DH doesn't finish work until 6pm and then it's a rush of dinner, putting the LO to bed and so on. I might feel more favourably towards evenings (and early starts) once it's lighter.

14/01/2013 at 20:06

I went out this morning. It was very dark at 6.10am and there were patches of slushy snow. If I'm honest, I was a bit nervous both of the dark and of falling over, but otherwise it was fine. I also think I would have done better had I had a rest day. BUT I went out, and I completed my session and set myself up for the day. I daresay I will grow in confidence about the dark and hopefully the snow won't be a regular feature.

14/01/2013 at 20:10

Katy

run when ever u feel u want to,- or every other day - nice easy short runs, then add a nice longer run when u can - keep it fun and enjoyable

but, keep the prepertion correct as well

correct footwear, eat, drink, sleep well - antichaffer if u need it

14/01/2013 at 23:22
Well done on going. If you can do dark dingy snowy mornings, you'll be well prepared when spring comes, and you'll be able to make the most of it. I can't wait for spring!!
15/01/2013 at 07:34

Roll on daylight and a hint of warmth!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.