water at water stations

8 messages
31/05/2003 at 19:43
I know this may be a stupid question to some of you but are you allowed more than one cup of water at water stations? Doing my first 1/2 tomorrow and it will be very warm
31/05/2003 at 19:58
Yes, you are. They may get a bit cheesed off if they haven't got adequate supplies but on a day like today they should make sure they have lots.

I personally have a drinks bottle which is handy as I can drink when I want - it's one of my best investments. Obvioulsy too late for tomorrow though!

Good luck with it :)
31/05/2003 at 20:01
Thanks, have got a water bottle but you have to hand it in at 8.00 a.m. for it to be sent on to the water station of your choice. Can only have a drink at the water stations. Might be a bit of a push for me to get to the arena for 8.00 a.m.
31/05/2003 at 21:18
You're not allowed to carry water with you :O Where is this reace, so I can avoid it in the future!
31/05/2003 at 21:31
It is the Sheffield half and full marathon. It states that you may be disqualified and should only take drinks from designated water stations.
31/05/2003 at 22:11
Sounds a bit draconian - are they worried you'll sneak in your own mixture and beat the pants off everyone, or that you might drop your water bottle and trip someone up?

Seriously, is this commonplace, as I've never come across it before? (Strikes Sheffield off her list of races to do).
31/05/2003 at 22:15
i cant believe that!!
31/05/2003 at 22:45
I've heard it for top runners but I didn't think places enforced it for the general pack runners.

I've doen zillions of races with my bottle belt, including FLM

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.