Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

201 to 220 of 4,437 messages
29/10/2010 at 14:34

1lb off. After all that work. Mighty hacked off!

I suppose it's better than 1lb on... humph. 

29/10/2010 at 14:47
no lose this week but am still 2lbs lighter than i was when we started
29/10/2010 at 22:44
Gazagirl - what about the inches?
30/10/2010 at 12:14

30/10/2010 at 12:18

Stayed constant since Tuesday. Not to worried as I dropped a lot on that day and I've kept it off. Just waiting for the next leap. Running is getting a bit hard as my chest is a bit tight but I'll plow through.

Enjoying the w/e with some liver and onion lunch and then saving the cals for MOTD snack.

30/10/2010 at 15:59
Not sure I'm even going to bother with scales tomorrow.  Just been tucking into the trick or treat mini crunchies!  Running and gym been going ok though
30/10/2010 at 20:13

A trip to the Trafford Centre resulted in cheese, bread, cake, fish, chips and full fat latte. I don't think I'll bother with weigh-in this week.

30/10/2010 at 21:15

Evening

Just back from a week in Anglesey and haven't run for 10 days (ill before we went then forgot my trainers). Have done nothing but eat and drink!! Dreading weigh in tomorrow (judging by tightness of jeans) but am planning a run - prob 5 miles.

New job starts Mon so I'll start behaving then

Waves to everyone and well done to those who have lost and hang in there everyone else

31/10/2010 at 05:59

Hi everyone, I know i'm a bit late joining this thread, but thought i'd give it a go,  I a looking to get down to 13 stone, currently at 14 st 12 lbs, by at least April next year when I am running the Brighton Marathon again.  Just ran the Beachy Head Mararthon a week ago and seemed to suffer a lot more than I did last year and i think that me being at least a stone and a half heavier than last year was the main reason.

I know what I should be eating and I'm good throughout the day, then it all goes to pot when I get home, I seem to get drawn to the choccy cupboard by strange forces and just eat rubbish, as though it's the last time i'm gonna eat it.

So from this morning onwards, it's porridge this morning, then a 13 mile training run, then i'm gonna try and watch what I eat and post on here my results.  Slightly cheaper as well, then going to slimming world, paying a fiver to get weighed and then going home.

Wish me luck, AHA

31/10/2010 at 09:35
Back from the 13 mile run in the rain, popped on the scales and 14st 7lb, all i need to do now is not eat a thing for a couple of weeks, run about 5 half marathons and job done.  If only life was that easy, just need to be strong this week, keep training and hopefully i'll crack it.
31/10/2010 at 12:19

Morning all

Have had a couple of rest days but am hoping to get over the gym later today if time permits i hope me and the O/H spent yesterday afternoon sorting out our food cupboard my goodness is surprising what you find when you start clearing things out

And the shame of it we found some of our spices were over 2 years out of date

I think my biggest problem at the moment is i keep forgetting that running is support to be done for fun and it not all about training for races

And that you don’t have to go out every day and not every run has to be 8 or mile 9 you are allowed to do small little runs and it not a cardinal sin if you don’t do a long Sunday run

I am my worst enemy when it comes to anything like this i tend to beat myself i if i don’t think am training as much as i should or as hard as i should  and forget that no one on here is going to think less of you if you’re not out there running

I have unfortunately by nature and additive personality which means once i am in to something i am in to something this is both a blessing and a curse

Any way ramble over i think a bit of frustration is kicked in

Have stopped going to the physio as i don’t feel things were getting any better and as i said before he never give a straight answer if i asked his advice about any thing

ahapartridge welcome like you i to am running Brighton next year and need to lose the weight

waves to every one else

31/10/2010 at 14:31

ahapartridge

i also done the beachy head marathon last week thoroughly enjoyed it for my first ever marathon, it took me 6.03.52.

when is the brighton marathon is it a good event

31/10/2010 at 14:46

Hi Decamp and toby 3

It was my second beachy head and I struggled a bit versus last year, but eventually got round in 5.39, although it's quite a tough marathon.

The Brighton Marathon is in April 2011, although I think that the normal entry has now shut, unless you can get a charity place or a place from someone who is gonna drop out.  It was a great event last year, great weather, brillant support and good water stations etc.  Looking forward to next years event, just need to lose some weight and I'm sure I can beat last years time. 

31/10/2010 at 14:46

Decamp Brighton is next April but is sold out i think there are charity place available and there is a thread maching those looking for a place with thoses that have them but no longer want them

31/10/2010 at 16:25

cheers thanks for that

31/10/2010 at 20:21
Good evening, got home from the IOW today and am ashamed to say i ate too much and only ran once. The scales will be bad tomorrow

But next week is a new start, onwards and downwards!

Well done to all the losers

AHA, i too did Brighton this year and again next year, I did 5:39 so hope to shave some off that by being thinner

31/10/2010 at 21:46

Evening

Not as bad as I thought - steady at 10 st 13 - fingers crossed for you too JT

01/11/2010 at 09:27

Morning losers

Didn't have an entirely fabulous day yesterday (lack of trick or treaters meant that we ate most of the sweets ourselves ) but I've still lose 1lb this week and I managed my longest run for years on Saturday! Only 4.5 miles but I'm really pleased with that - coming back from injuries is hard work. 

I think each week I'm going to set myself a target and a plan. So this week I'd like to lose another lb, and i have no excuses not to eat healthily. I have one lunch out planned (Starbucks on wednesday for a friend's birthday) but I will check online before I go, and only have a sandwich. No cakes! And a cup of early grey. Usual assortment of runs and a swim on Wednesday too. Sorted. 

01/11/2010 at 13:20

Gazagirl - every little (1lb) helps so sorry you were a bit hacked off. Just read on further .. ooops to that Trafford Centre mega-meal!

Andrew - be a 'grump' like me and ignore trick or treat - no sweets bought so no temptation!

Sal - holidays are for forgetting diets - but hope those jeans don't get any tighter. Just read on and see you've stayed steady (yay!).

ahapartridge - welcome along to the thread. Like you said, if only life (weight loss) were that easy.

toby - out of date spices are probably okay. But Mrs Wm did point out after I moved in that I had brought some out of date food with me.

JT - hope for your sake the scales aren't too bad today. 

Len - re trick or treat sweets .. see above! I was happy with my 'long' run of 5 miles the weekend before last so you're in good company.

Just the one meal out over the weekend for me as we ate at home on Saturday when visiting my grand-daughter. But I enjoyed the wine with my roast dinner yesterday and the cheesecake afterwards and decided the diet would have to wait until today. Currently tucking into some piri-piri chicken, lettuce, tomato and celery. No running for me at the weekend but I did do some 'cross-training' when I got home yesterday by moving some more stuff from the garage to my study (moved 2 months ago and still unpacking and getting sorted!). Planning to get out for a 4-5ml run after work tonight. Probably going dancing on Wed eve so I expect I'll be getting out running again on Thu eve.

01/11/2010 at 14:46

%^&£%*^^%

5lb on. but back on track and determined that 'this time i will be good.........'

Well done Sal and Len, especially after eating the trick or treat chocs!

Waves to Mel, my bottom is still sore after the virtual kick you gave me earlier
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.