Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,121 to 3,140 of 4,437 messages
02/05/2012 at 11:40
Words - thanks for that, it was really tough going, enjoy the rugby, glad the physio seems to be working, I have my fingers crossed for you
02/05/2012 at 11:54
Dad hello! How are you keeping? Long time no speak - my fault entirely, I took a month off after Brighton which rolled into a year and 3 1/2 stone weight gain. Just getting back to it again now so figured i should revisit this thread!

Hope everything is ok for you, did you do the ultra?
02/05/2012 at 12:56

Word good news about the running i hope you manage to get out for a run on Thursday

High Julia i hadn’t realised that it was a year that you hadn’t been running seems like only a few months were dose the time go back it’s good your back we been keeping the tread warm for you

JBL3 don’t beat yourself to much life will get in the way just be careful you don’t try to hard to catch the mileage and end up injuring yourself

Booey always listen to your body you did the right thing giving the run a miss if you were tired the banna sounds like a good idea but not shore about the box of Quality Street

waves to Spen 

02/05/2012 at 13:34

Toby3 - hi

juliaT - good to hear from you again, Toby and I did Brighton again this year. I wont be doing it again next year 3 years is enough. i did the ultra and managed to finish what is more mad is doing it again in 10 weeks time, I should not have counted that. Hope you are keeping well the weight will come off you have done it before and will again.

take care everyone

03/05/2012 at 09:17
My longest run to date last night, just shy of 10 miles, garmin battery died about a mile from the end .  Hamstrings are tight this morning!
03/05/2012 at 13:39

Afternoon all

weighed today lost a 1lb so now down to 12st 4lbs shouldn’t be too disappointed as to be honest the effort i put in this week has been sadly lacking

so as from next week i am going to have to redouble my efforts at least now all the goodies are out of the house so snacking should become a really probable as hopefully there won’t be any in the house to snack on

JBL3 well done on the run you must be dead chuffed with it

Edited: 03/05/2012 at 13:40
03/05/2012 at 14:46

Yaay I got out last night and did 6.24 miles  noticed the last few runs the balls of my feet are aching  could I need new trainers  still aching alot now  hoping its not part of my arthritis problems  will use my trail runners for the next few outings and see what the outcome is

JBL - well done on the 10 miler

Toby - well done on the weight loss  

04/05/2012 at 08:25

Booey - the balls of my feet start to hurt more when my trainers are at the end of their running life, well done on getting out for a run.

04/05/2012 at 11:16

YAY! Got out for a steady 5k last night and no twinges, pulls or aches!

I'm going to cross-train today, then go for a 7.5k tomorrow and a 10k on Monday, I think, just to build up the distances slowly. Touch wood my hamstring seems to be holding up, although there's still a little tendernes. Absolutely dreading the scales on Sunday though, after three weeks without running...

JLB - congrats on the 10 miler. Good work!

Booey -  yes, I reckon it's time to look at new trainers.

Spen, Toby, JuliaT (hi, by the way), and all the rest of you - hope you're all well and enjoying your runs.

04/05/2012 at 11:52

Just entered the first race in the East Midlands GP Series at Silverstone Circuit next Weds, its a 10K twice round the old circult  getting use to running here  good PB potential

Didn't run last night, feet still ache  going out later in trail runners see how it goes

Words - great news on the 5K run and no twinges  don't do the scales sunday give it another week

Edited: 04/05/2012 at 11:54
04/05/2012 at 12:41

Afternoon all

Well have 6 miles today i haven’t decided yet whether to do them on the treadmill or go out the weather isn’t looking to promising 

my number for the Bristol 10k arrived in the post so that’s one less worry as it was getting close and i hadn’t heard any thing

Booey for give my ignorance what’s a GP series

Words hope the runs go well for you and the hamstring holds up

waves to everyone else

Edited: 04/05/2012 at 12:44
04/05/2012 at 12:44

got to say hate the new lay out

04/05/2012 at 12:55

sorry Toby its the East Midland Grand Prix Series  involves 8 races over the summer

04/05/2012 at 15:27

Agreed toby, it looks like the page hasn't completely loaded.  I suppose it will just take a bit of getting used to.

Great news on the pain free run Words

Are you intending on doing the whole series Booey?

My legs where very achy after Wedsnesday 10ish miles, so I probably won't run again until tomorrow.  It's my Parkruns birthday, which should be fun, I think I'll run there and back, which will make it 8 or 9 miles total.  Then I've got the Belfast Marathon relay on Monday, looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

04/05/2012 at 15:50

JLB - No wont be doing them all  as much as I would like to but some of them are not that close

Good luck for your Marathon relay on Monday

My OH is doing a sponsored windsurf all day on Sunday for Cancer Research, they do it every year  shame its not looking like there will be any wind lol

Have a lovely BH weekend everyone and happy running

05/05/2012 at 10:09

Morning all

went out yesterday and did 6 miles took about 59 minutes did struggled a bit legs still feel like to lead weights at the moment then just been out with the O/H this morning a nice gentle 2 miles that took us 35 minutes

Took my Garmin with me to record the run so she has something to look back on and see how much she has improved and she now knows where the mile marks are on her run so she can judge for herself how’s she doing on any particular day

Race number for Bristol arrived red 8953 so i am in wave 2 which means by the time we get over the start line the winner will be finishing if it's any thing like last year but with the way the legs are i may well just run for fun this time as i set a new PB last year

And i already set 2 this year

05/05/2012 at 17:57

Hi all,

Another 7.5k this evening, in a little over my normal 10k pace, but still no hamstring probs. Not counting chickens yet, but things seem to be going well. Also, I stepped on the scales today for the first time in 28 days - a period of little/no exercise and too much food. But, as I'm going for a few beers with friends this evening, I thought I'd weigh today, not tomorrow. Anyway, the upshot is just the 1lb on! Really not sure how I've managed that!

I'm aiming to lose a stone in the next two months, then I think it'll be just a question of maintaining the weight.

Booey - good luck for the East Mids GP: enjoy!

JLB: enjoy the Parkrun (avoid the birthday cake, if there is one!) and hope the marathon relay is a real experience.

Toby - get you with your 2 PBs this year! Good effort on the 6 miler - hope the legs have recovered.

Enjoy your bank holiday folks.

06/05/2012 at 07:30

Word well done on the weight it'surprising sometimes when we thing the weights going to be bad it's not other times when we think we done really well we fine it goes up dosen't seem to be any rhyme not reason to it

06/05/2012 at 22:10

Words - Glad your hammy appears to be ok, just take your time in building up again

Toby - Good for you in getting O/H out to run with you. I'm sure that you'll do another great job at Bristol

JLB - Hope your relay tomorrow is good, enjoy it!

Booey - Good luck with the P series, even though you're not doing them all. I hope yur husband had wind today to help him with his windsurfing!

I was out at 6.25 this morning for my LSR and managed 14.26 wet, windy and hilly miles in 2.36. I've had no reaction from my hammy so am very pleased with that.

Stay fit everybody

GFB

07/05/2012 at 12:31

Afternoon all

I have to say the weather although not blazing sunshine down her e as bee good enough to aloud me to do what i needed in the garden the wife parents came over Saturday to gives a hand to plant out our vegetables as they been gardening for years and i wanted to pick their brains as to how things should be done

so apart for the run on Saturday i have to say i been rather lazy this weekend and done very little back into work to night so i may well adjust the training plan this week and do the gym session tomorrow

Edited: 07/05/2012 at 12:31
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.