Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,201 to 3,220 of 4,437 messages
25/05/2012 at 03:58

Well no run yesterday as the gas men didn't arrive till 4.45 it took them all of 15 minutes to what they had to and put the fire back together

So i may well do 8 today or just run for along as i feel like it at this stage of the training i can still be pretty easy as when i look back there only really 2 weeks this year so far i haven't been training for some thing

Booey i know what you mean a bout the weather is so nice although i have been a little p** off as i been sat in waiting for the gas man to come instead of been out in the sunshine

VP1111

http://halhigdon.com/training/51237/rr/Beginning-Runners-Guide-30-30-Plan

here the plan my O/H and daughter are following to get them on the road to running

Gary glad the hamstring seem OK

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 04:00
25/05/2012 at 08:42

I'm loving not to have to think about what to wear for my runs, but the heat is definitely draining.  I'll be on the road for over 2 hours probably on Sunday, perfect time to try my new hydration belt! 

Good news on the hammy Gary.  I hope that's your fire finally fixed Toby (and I hope you don't need it for another few months!)

8.5 miles last night, and 12.5 planned for Sunday.  Volunteering at Parkrun on Saturday instead of running but will probably run there and back for another 6 miles or so in the bank.

Welcome VP, happy Friday all.

25/05/2012 at 09:17

VP1111 - welcome to the thread - the hal higdon plans are really good like, I have followed the HM one and it was good  if you are really keen to run then just concentrate on that and don't worry to much about your weight as you will see this go as you run.  Of course don't make that an excuse to eat more and eat rubbish just try and eat as healthy as you possibly can  keep us informed how you get on

Toby - glad the fire sorted - annoying ah

Gary - So glad your hamstring seems to be ok

JLB - well done on the running, you are certainly clocking the mileage

Well I managed to drag myself out of the garden last night and went for a run at 8 when it was a tad cooler  only did 3.5 miles but feel better for getting out

Will try and keep running over the weekend if I can drag myself away from the BBQ's and sun lounger  hehe

25/05/2012 at 10:01

Hi there, I hope you dont mind me hijacking this thread.

Im new to the forums and I am just kickstarting a fitness drive again and have entered the great north run.

Was hoping I could log my runs, times and weekly weigh ins here. I have a lot of training to do and lot of weight to lose, but more determined than ever to do so.

25/05/2012 at 11:17

weighed today not loss this week still 12st 3lbs but am going to have to buck my ideas up as my O/H has entered Brighton next year and has been training nearly every day and has lost 6or 7 lbs already

David welcome to thread i to am doing the GNR and have just started training for it

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 11:22
25/05/2012 at 14:00

Thanks Toby,

Good luck with your training for the GNR, heading out tonight and tomorrow morning so I will post some stats then and a bit more info.

Good luck everyone with your weightloss/fitness goals!

25/05/2012 at 14:12

Welcome to the new folk! You've definitely come to the right place for support and encouragement.

Gary - glad the hamstring is on the mend - but take it easy for a while.

Toby - the GNR training will keep you focussed for a while, and I'm sure it will help you shift those spare lbs.

Booey - I agree re Hal Higdon - I'm starting one of his marathon training plans from Monday. Gulp!

JLB - good luck for your long run on Sunday. I'm also planning one, but if it's still warm I'll cut it back to 6-8 miles I think.

I got up at 6 this morning for a run, thinking it would be cool, but I don't think the temperature dropped too much overnight. Thermometer said it was 17 degrees - at 6 in the chuffing morning!

So, my 8 mile run was a slog, and I had to walk for a few minutes. I found it hard to catch my breath and my legs were protesting too. Definitely not impressed with running in the heat...

Anyway, it's nearly the weekend - hope you all have fun.

25/05/2012 at 15:04

David Sweeney 7 - I use fetcheveryone.com to log all my runs, its a great website and I think it would be good for you to use, you can literally log everything you do and also your weight, have a look  oh and welcome

Sounds like its not just me then that suffers running in the heat  I am not complaining at all though as I really do love this weather and its a pleasure to be able to sit and chill in the garden

Have a great weekend in the sun people  run when you can but don't overdo it just enjoy

25/05/2012 at 17:39

Afternoon all

Well got out for the run went for the keep going till I’d had enough today which would off ended up being 10 miles had i still not been 3 miles from home the first 10 miles went OK i managed to keep the pace between 9 and 10mm miles excepted once

But by that time the heat was getting a little too much and i walked and ran the last 3 pace slowing to over 11m/m for the next 2 and over 13 for the last one but that was mainly uphill well that’s my excuse any way

The whole thing took 2:17:24 with an Avg pace 10:20m/m jumped straight in a cold shower to cool me down it then took me 2 hrs to get dressed as it was 2pm when i started lead down on the bed to put my shock on and the next thing i know its 4pm

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 17:41
27/05/2012 at 13:29
11.33 miles in the heat this morning, thought the route was going to be a bit longer but it was enough for me. Hydration belt worked out fine, tried it on Saturday and wasn't sure at all, but after a couple of miles got used to it. Also got a new pair of sunglasses and they turned out to be comfortable as well. Run took 1:45, I think I lost 4.5lbs in sweat!
28/05/2012 at 08:49

Well done to everyone who got out there for a run, long or short, this weekend. I managed 5 miles yesterday morning and found it way to warm. Really don't like running in the heat.

Today is the first day of my marathon training programme, which means there are only 18 weeks to go. Gulp. Today, I have to run the grand total of "0" miles - I could get used to this

Not sure why or how, but I managed to put on a couple of pounds this week - despite running 25+ miles and eating pretty well. Must be one of those things...

Edited: 28/05/2012 at 08:50
28/05/2012 at 08:56

Words - ditto what you said, I am so not good running in the heat  I managed 5 miles at 8.30 Sat morning and thats it over the weekend.  Had a lovely BBQ Sat and Sun evening and just lounged in the garden.....bliss

Well done everyone else getting out, you really do put me to shame

Edited: 28/05/2012 at 08:58
28/05/2012 at 09:05

Good morning all, just thought I would check in and update on my runs, all feels a little insignificant though when I see people running 10 and 11 miles!

Saturday AM was a 4.5mile run with a pace of 10'01per mile.

I didnt run yesterday so went for a swim to try and cool down and at least ensure I was doing something.

Started this morning with 3.13mile run at a pace of 9'38per mile.

I am currently using the Nike+ app on my iphone, can anyone reccommend anything else or is the Nike app worth sticking with?

I also weighed myself yesterday on the scales at the gym, wasnt pleasant so that plan is to weigh in again in 2 weeks time and note down the loss (hopefully) in lbs.

28/05/2012 at 09:59
David - I use Endomondo, which does the job for me. I've also used MapMyRun - which is also good. All comes down to preference I guess. Good work on your run!
28/05/2012 at 10:25

I was 159lbs this morning, which I think is my lowest so far (on the way down, lol), I was pretty good last week, except yesterday when I had a couple of monster slices of pavalova!  Also, I totaled 33.5 miles last week, which is a personal record.  I wouldn't be surprised if the low weight was down to water loss in this heat though.

Good luck with your plan Words

Booey - don't beat yourself up, it is seriously warm out there.  Can you get out early in the morning?  It's probably worth even doing a short run to stop you getting into a rut.

David - I think the phone-based systems are much the same, and are definitely worthwhile to keep track of your workouts and help with goals and motivation.  The GPS in the phones are a bit of a weakness I think though, can't beat the Garmin IMHO, but at the end of the day a stop watch is really all you need!

I need new trainers, thinking of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12, anyone using them?

Edited: 28/05/2012 at 10:26
28/05/2012 at 13:07

Afternoon all

just 3 miles for me today had to take the car to garage so drove there and ran home daughter came down on Saturday as it was here birthday last week as it was here birthday she got to choose the food and so it was a BBQ on Saturday and pizza for dinner Sunday so not worried about the weight this weekend

Edited: 28/05/2012 at 13:07
28/05/2012 at 15:38

Well its clouded over here so running tonight looking good  have a thing going on another thread on the forum about how much mileage we complete this month, I said I would try and better my best of 79 miles  I was doing fine until the hot weather and now not so good  upto yesterday I had done 65 so I have 4 days to do 15 miles  I know that sounds easy but it depends on the heat   

29/05/2012 at 04:20

morning all

well hoping the car get fixed today although it will mean a run to the garage to pick it up if not i am on the bike again to work as i was tonight it's a nice 3 miles each way so with the 3 i ran earlier that a grand total of 9 miles for me yesterday

Booey i have to say your 65 put me to shame

29/05/2012 at 09:35

Well I managed 3.44 miles last night about 8ish and it was very pleasant  11.56 to go haha

29/05/2012 at 10:59

I started off at 225 lbs. 3 weeks in to my training and I am down to 216.6lbs having dropped 3.5lbs in the last week alone Happy!

I am following the couch to 10k walk run plan via an iphone app. I am also cycling on my mountain bike 2-3 times per week both offroad and onroad.

I think the most important thing is that I am eating healthily - avoiding excessive sugar and carbs.. Have mostly been eating grilled chicken and salad or tuna salad. Have to admit it is getting a bit boring. I am not super strict.. e.g. I do put some salad dressing on it etc. I figure that this way I am not on a fad diet - and the way I am eating i sustainable over a longer period of time (forever?). I also eat what I want and as much as I want 1 or 2 days a week - on the weekend basically. I would prefer this to be one day a week but it's not always possible. I don't beat myself up over it - again, this makes it feel like a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I have entered a big bike ride in Setempber, a 10k in October and the london marathon next year. I will squeeze a half marathon in there around november too if possible. Having plotted my current weight and my weight loss target over time in Excel I can see how much I need to lose each week. I can see my impending runs/ride and I can see that I must not slack or i will be in trouble come the ride/runs. Having these weekly goals and a reason to achieve them is massive. It is the SINGLE biggest thing keeping me on track. 

Edited: 29/05/2012 at 11:01
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.