Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,401 to 3,420 of 4,437 messages
16/07/2012 at 10:45

Dave - Personally I have found surgical tape to be the best solution to keep the runners nipple at bay, plasters worked ok too, but I found they started to come off when wet.

16/07/2012 at 12:36

Booey well done on the PB's what a great improvement and you can see all your hard work is paying off

weighed in to day put 3lbs on over the weekend  according to my speed sheet so am now 12st 6lbs but i am still 2lbs down on my start weigh for last week which gives me a good chance of losing some more this week

16/07/2012 at 16:49

Thanks for all the advice chaps...

After yesterday's 17km I went for a short 5km around the block and boy did I feel slow and sluggish...very slow splits...

Weight is steady at around 70kg which is ok...just need to work on the spare tyre...

Ok all...have a good week ...

17/07/2012 at 03:52

morning all

did 3 yesterday have decided to have a treadmill and telly week this week all but Friday that is when i shall go out for my long run 4 today then a gym session on Wednesday

17/07/2012 at 10:03

Hi all. managed to finish my ultra in 16hrs and 11mins, it was really tough and feet are a right mess with blisters, also told by my wife that not allowed to do another one as collapsed in the hotel after the race, but we shall see.

For sore nipples I use zinc oxide tape it works when you sweat alot as well.

take care everyone

17/07/2012 at 10:14

Spen - Awesome!  What was your training schedule like for the Ultra?  I've been saying for a long time that I want to do something borderline idiotic for Tiny Life (Premature baby charity) as my eldest was 12 weeks early.  An Ultra might be the thing.

Had my first experience with a running club last night, and enjoyed it, it helps that I am already familiar with many of the members through Parkrun.  We did and "Extreme" Parkrun, with 6 circuit stations on the middle lap of 3.  Feeling it this morning!  I ran 29:15, I think I was a bit too keen on lap 1.  They are doing 6x1000m interval session on Wed, might try that too.

17/07/2012 at 10:23

JLB3 - thanks, my training was basically marathon training but added some extra longer runs in of 30 miles and 35 miles, the main thing is nutrition and hydration etc, I would recommend the one I did they do a 40 miler as well try looking on the website www.fatfeet.co.uk, well done on your intervals. I am having a complete rest this week, lots of eating and drinking and letting the blisters heal.

17/07/2012 at 12:20

Spen well done to you sir what an amazing achievement mine I've come to expect nothing less from you sorry to hear you collapsed but glad to hear your OK now

17/07/2012 at 12:41

Toby3 - thanks for that, I just need to convicne the wife to let me have another go next year, I am fine now, just sore feet but only to be expected, I thik I collapsed due to exhaustion and a sugar crash.

Perhaps i can tempt you next year ???

17/07/2012 at 12:59

Spen - thats excellent well done  you must be very proud  I know i would be  have a well deserved week off now then start training for the next one

17/07/2012 at 16:36

Wow Spen...I don't know if thats a good time or not all I know is I am well impressed! but I can see why your other half is not!! ROFL

18/07/2012 at 03:43

Morning all

well 4 mile done yesterday done as a sort of Fartek session walk 1k run flat out or as flat out as the treadmill will go gym session today then will have to get my LSR IN ON Friday as were off to Leicester again for another attempt for the wife to do the race for life let’s hope it’s not called off this time

18/07/2012 at 12:44

Thanks all, they published the results today and in the 70 miler, 24 started, 10 dropped out and I came 5th, so really proud, now to convicne the wife about next year

18/07/2012 at 12:56

Again, awesome.  Thanks for pointing me towards trainig plan as well.  Looking closer at Ultra training, the mileage isn't neccessarily as horrendous as I though it might be.  But it's just a pipe dream for mid 2013 at the earliest anyway, concentrate on managing 26.2 miles for now! lol.

19/07/2012 at 03:57

well to my shame never got the gym session done woke up to late must get it don to day

19/07/2012 at 16:11

At long last we have started a little running group up in our village thanks to a friend I was at school with  been out twice so far, usual nights will be mon and fri  so i basically have a club I can now run with every night of the week if i choose  

I have run everyday since Sat so am having a rest day today

Edited: 19/07/2012 at 16:12
19/07/2012 at 20:33

I'm there with you in the shame corner Toby, instead of 6 x 1000m intervals, I got a large mixed kebab on chip!

Great Booey, have you got a name for your Athletics Club? lol

Did my first run of any notable distance since HM last month; 7.5 miles in 1h 10m.  Feel far from my peak!

19/07/2012 at 21:55
Spen - well done! I'm seriously impressed. Enjoy a few rest days...

I've done three runs this week - 2x4miles and an 8miler. Rest day tomorrow then another 15milesmor so over the weekend. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow because my legs are more than a little tired and I don't want to push it/injure myself.

Anyone watch Panorama tonight? They basically pulled apart claims made by sports drink, supplements, and running shoe manufacturers... Bit of an eye opener.

Hope everyone's doing ok.
19/07/2012 at 22:06

Hi all

Spen - Absolutely wonderful result, and 70 miles is some going!

Booey - Well done on your PB and getting the running group together

Words - Keep going, you're doing great

JLB - Give it time, you'll be back to normal in no time

Dave - Give it time, the spare tyre will disappear

Toby - Kick up the bum needed?

I'm hamstrung again, this time it's my right one. Felt it go just after 25 minutes into a treadmill run yesterday, stopped straight away and am resting for the time being. Not impressed with that, I strained my back on Monday doing my hamstring stretches but felt ok to run yesterday lunchtime. maybe I was wrong. The pig has also been let out of his sty today.............2 Hobnob chocolate flapjacks, 200g bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, 2 cakes that's omn top of my normal food! I may skip weighing myself this week!

19/07/2012 at 22:44

Just watched that BBC program Wordslinger mentioned...wow...really took the sport industry apart and debunked alot of myths...

Very intresting program...and there's me just bought bottles of sport drink....no more for me!....just eat and drink healthy porducts/food and were all set to trot...

On another point...my g/f has been banging on about certain bits of her body she would like to tone up (as if I don't whinge about my flab!). Anyhow's I had an early finish today and she was off ...so for the first time we both went for a jog in the woods (her 1st run for xxx years)... it was so nice to do something together and that was different.

Also nice not to be in training mode i.e nike running app on phone, watching spilt times...trying to break pb's etc, etc.

Hey JLB like your style "I'm there with you in the shame corner Toby, instead of 6 x 1000m intervals, I got a large mixed kebab on chips!" nearly spat my dinner reading that !!!! pure class! Come the revolution...I'll make you minister for sports & catering!

Edited: 19/07/2012 at 22:46
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.