Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,461 to 3,480 of 4,437 messages
02/08/2012 at 09:41

Well done Dave and Words, great running.  I don't know how you run with a gasmask on Dave, it brings me close to a panic attack just thinking about it! 

Words - that sub 2h half is within your grasp!

Misspiggy - congratulations, and good luck.  I don't envy the sleepless nights!

Track evening with the club last night; 3 x Mile repeats with 4min rest.  My times were:

7:28

7:28

7:21

It was a bit of a struggle!

02/08/2012 at 11:20

12 stone 2lb now, at least it's going in the right direction...hopefully I can get below 12 stone in the next couple of weeks and never visit it again.

Thanks for the good wishes, baby is a star, he went to sleep at 11 last night, woke up for a quick feed at quarter past six this morning then went back to sleep again til ten past nine! Just settled him now and if he goes off planning to do a trampoline DVD (still waiting for my running shoes and obviously can't go out and leave him).

02/08/2012 at 11:45

1 lb this week.

47 in 19 weeks

03/08/2012 at 14:38

well was going to do  8 mile but It's not going to happen today now as i over slept so will do it tomorrow as i have the house to myself wife of to London to meet up with the daughter and my son will be working

misspiggy hope the weight comes down but your more than welcome to pop in for a chat any time as the threads become more than just about weight loss

well done every body on the weight loss and there some good running going on out there as well

04/08/2012 at 07:17

Misspiggy Am a newb here but look forward to reading your progress posts in the coming months...oh and congratulations on your new 'running mate'...

Wordslinger Good luck in making headway in the sub 2h hm...I do have a similiar aim but think I need a lot more time getting 'it' all together.

JLB3 Some great times for those splits....impressive.

Toby3 I seem to need a few catnaps toget me throught the week now...perhaps it's just age catching up

Had a few good runs this week...have recently bought a pair of Merrel Barefoot Run and have to say upon first impression there are a really nice comfortable shoe...time will tell of course but am impressed...

Lost another 1/2cm off the spare tyre (now 85.5cm was 100cm) and now down to 68.1kg which now makes 8kg loss since Apr 29th this year...another 1kg and 4cm's off the belly and I'll be happier...

Gasmask running going well, hardly run without it now so it's becoming very normal for me..not so sure about others going by peoples reactions!! Have now entered 1x Strongman run (x18km) 09.09.12, pre-registered for a toughmudder (dates tba) and have entered my first 10km road event( 21.10.12).

I let the pigs out last night but hey once a week is alot better than when the little 'tikes' were living freerange in the fridge!!!

Have a great weekend everyone....keep the posts coming...it's so inspiring hearing all of your achievements and the occassional lapse...

Edited: 04/08/2012 at 08:18
04/08/2012 at 17:22

Afternoon all    

Well managed to finally kick myself out the door this afternoon 8 miles done and have to say it was a struggle whole run took 1:18:06 with an Avg pace of 9:33 m/m and looking back it’s a whole 2 minutes slower than i ran it a couple of weeks ago and 4 minutes slower than 4 weeks ago

Though looking closer it funny i have 2 good times then a slow run 2 good times and a slow one so in theory the next time i run that route  it  should be a good one will have to wait and see if the Patten continues

05/08/2012 at 10:42

I cannot express how much this thread inspires me to run, more, faster, better...all you stories, comments give me such a boost during the week...just when I do not feel like getting out the door...I read this and it's the kick up the arse I need...so to everyone...big thanks to you all!!!!

=============================================================

The weeks run down:

40.51miles run, total time 6:29:22, avg pace 9,37/mi, 37.46mi road & 3.05mi trail

Just been out for a 14.85mi run and beat my hm pb 1:57:22, also beat my 1k & 1mi pb's....aim is to drop another 1kg drop spare tyre to 80cm and get a sub 1:50:00 hm

Like I said earlier thanks to all you guys & ladies for your words and comments...it's so refreshing to be part of something that makes a point of encouraging others to better themselves...THANKS!!! have a great weekend ...

05/08/2012 at 14:43

First ever 20 mile run (32km) run this morning. The schedule said I had to do 19 miles but I thought that 19 was a silly number so I thought I'd round it up! The first 16km (10 miles) were pretty comfortable, and the half marathon came up at a few seconds past the two hour mark; 30km came up under three hours, and the overall time was three hours 10 minutes and 27 seconds - which I reckon puts me on course for a sub-four hour marathon.

I'll be honest: the last three or four miles were tough, but I'm not sure how much was down to stamina and how much down to the psychological impact of running further than I've ever run before (26km was my previous longest run). I'm pleased with the result though.

Along the way I had a very cheery "good morning!" from Llanelli Scarlets' coach Gareth Jenkins who was out walking his dog on the coastal path, and a very chatty man on a bike rode alongside me for 500 metres - turns out he's also training for a marathon (Dublin - October) and last weekend ran 20 miles along the same route that I ran today. Enjoyed his company, though, because I was definitely starting to get bored by that stage!

Weekly summary: this week I covered 73.41km (44miles), giving me a total for the year of 1,207.90km.Also lost a couple of pounds so I'm a happy bunny.

Dave: I agree, this thread is very motivational and it's always good to catch up with what others are up to. Thanks to you all for keeping me going!

Hope you're all keeping well. I'm off to spend the rest of the day shouting myself hoarse at the TV in support of Team GB. Amazing, inspirational stuff. Mo Farah? Awesome.

06/08/2012 at 04:36

Morning all

Well i have to say to my shame  i haven’t weighed for a couple of weeks  i knew the weight would creep on what with being ill and not running so i must do it when i get up this afternoon

Have to say felt really pleased for Andy Murray yesterday winning the tennis in that way also got up to watch the womens marathon as well shame we weren’t there in the medals but boy didn’t the Russian do well

so glad people are finding the tread so helpful we have always tried to encourage and never knock down as were all here to do the same thing and that’s get fit and lose a bit of weight in my case try being the operative word as i should buy now on the length of time i been on here be 11st but hey ho i keep on trying

Edited: 06/08/2012 at 04:37
06/08/2012 at 20:31

I am feeding baby with my new Asics on C25K app is on m phone and I've downloaded some dance music...waiting for darkness to fall then I'm off!

I'm just going to check the race finder for 5 and 10k races near me in the next few months, there is a charity I would really like to raise some money for and it would give me a concrete goal.

Everyone on here is inspirational, hope I will be writing about actual runs soon!

07/08/2012 at 03:26

Morning all

Well just 3 miles yesterday as i over slept the run took 26:29 with an Avg 8:44 m/m which i am really pleased with after Saturdays run if i wake up in time i my try something longer today

Am really proud of the wife she ran 7 miles yesterday that’s the furthest she ever run

Weighed yesterday and to my surprise and delight came in at 12st 4ibs that’s 2 lbs lighter than my weight 2 weeks ago at the beginning of the week

07/08/2012 at 11:04

Pass on our congrats to your Mrs, Toby! And congrats to you on the 2lbs. It's like that supermarket: every little helps!

MissPiggy: having a race to work towards is a great motivator, especially if you're fundraising. I'm raising money to put clean water wells in 12 countries this year, and I've raised enough to get going with the first 8, so it keeps me smiling on the long runs.

5 miles this morning with a couple of friends in the rain. I wasn't sure how I'd get on as the old legs are still a little stiff from Sunday's 20miler, but everything seemed to go OK. I'm running the 11miles to work tomorrow come rain or shine...

07/08/2012 at 16:23

Did a 5miler yesterday with a av /mi of 7'49 (without gasmask) did the same run today with the gasmask and I was 8'35 /mi...very disappointed...have got my heart set on an official sub 50min 10k and really want to run an official sub 1:50 HM...Looks like I have got some hard work coming!!! ..well thats all for now ...have a great week everyone....

Sorry for the short post..

Edited: 07/08/2012 at 17:25
08/08/2012 at 03:36

Morning all

Have a rearranged dentist appointment Friday so decided to do my LSR yesterday to get it out the way so 10 miles done yesterday not the fastest i done that course in taking 1:40:53 Avg pace of 9:31 i seem to have lost all the speed i had

Though looking back it’s about the same time i was running when training for Brighton at the same stage of the training plan so perhaps there hope yet

Dave i have to say i give my back teeth to be running at that sort of pace

Word well done on the run hope the run to work goes Ok

08/08/2012 at 06:47

Wordslinger Well done on that 20miler..impressed...not something I have yet done, one day eh? nice to lose a few pound into the bargin! GOOD LUCK with that run into work today!

Great cause...the clean water deal...

Toby3 Pass on a few 'cheers' to your o/h thats some going good job on the weight loss...suppose it in comes in waves...loss some here, put some on and repeat! Yeah I know I should be grateful for the times since I have only been off the couch for just over 3 months but I am aiming for some very specific times for those 2 distances and just need to be a little more patient I suppose...not something I am very good at

Misspiggy wont be long now before your pounding the streets with a babystroller clocking up the miles

Just before 23km...last Sunday...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151028626578171&l=48e2e744b7
Edited: 08/08/2012 at 07:11
08/08/2012 at 09:27

It's Wednesday so weigh in day for me.

Week 20 of my diet / change of lifestyle -2 lbs this week.  So -49 lbs in total.

Fitted into a Size 12 skirt at work this week for the first time since i have been in this job, 12+ years. BMI down to 29.  Was 37.5//6 20 weeks ago. Did a Long Slow Run last Sunday and managed 2 hours non stop.

Steph

08/08/2012 at 12:15

booktrunk well done you

08/08/2012 at 14:40

Everyone seems to be doing great runs and losing weight, happy days!

I had a bit of a boozy weekend, which always leads to poor food choices (I had a 24" pizza in front of me at one stage on Sat!), so on Sunday I decided I'm off the liquor until after the Dublin Marathon.  I really think I could stand to lose another stone, so I am going to get my focus back around my diet, as well as upping the mileage.

Gave Parkrun a good go for the first mile this week, but was signifigantly hung-over and had to slow way down before I made a pavement pizza.  Did a brutal session with the running club called Snakes and Ladders at Stormont castle; that plus the run home was 10 miles total on Sunday.  Monday night was Extreme Parkrun which added up to 12 miles with my commute.  Track tonight, feeling a little tired, looking forward to a coulpe of rest days.

Mondays weigh in was 161lbs, a pound off I think.

Have a great week all!

08/08/2012 at 16:05

Afternoon, folks.

The run to work went well, but sitting down for the rest of the day hasn't been great for the legs. Also, I could do with curling up under my desk for a snooze now...

Sorry for the short post. More tomorrow!

10/08/2012 at 15:46

Hi Guys and Gals, soz I have been soooooo busy at work

Words - well done on your mamouth 20 miler, thats great

I have managed to get out for a short run everynight this week, last night I left till 8 and it was very pleasant.  I shall do the same tonight or maybe even later with this lovely hot day we are having

Weighed this am. and was 10'2.75 and my body fat was the lowest its been since I started running, so all in all am pleased.  Still want to see the scales under 10 but I know thats just down to me and a bit of effort

Have a great weekend everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.