Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,501 to 3,520 of 4,437 messages
16/08/2012 at 16:05

Booktrunk

Thanks. Hows the training going - building up the long runs ?

16/08/2012 at 16:15

A bit... 20k last Sunday.  My plan has me doing short every other week then longer. so shorter this weekend, then 24, short, 28, short, 32, taper... not sure if it's enough long so the shorter ones (12k) i'm thinking of upping in distance quite a bit. But i'm getting there.

17/08/2012 at 03:21

Had a rest day yesterday and have 8 to do today and then i expect I’ll go out with the O/H on Saturday to keep her company as she has 9 to do

3:30 or Bust welcome to our happy band of losers I’ve applied for London again this year all be it only the second time wasn’t successful last year but i have run the Brighton marathon for the last 3 years and am due to running it again next year hope the weight loss goes well

Booktrunk i was due to run the Leicester marathon back in 2010 but got injured and in the end ended up doing their H/M instead only really chose it because the daughter was at uni there at the time she has since left but stayed in Leicester

17/08/2012 at 09:10

Recently got back into running (again) and have shifted 1/2 a stone. Only another 10 halves to go!

17/08/2012 at 10:12

Good luck with it Paul - runnings great to get the weight off

17/08/2012 at 10:50

Cheers 3.30. my goal is to run to work. (i have run to work about 3 years ago approx 12K). i'm about the same distance away but in another town so hopefully next summer........

17/08/2012 at 11:42

Paul welcome keep us posted on how it's going

17/08/2012 at 12:53

Paul

When I was a running nut I used to run to and from work - good way of getting the miles in and a lot better than sitting in traffic jams !!

17/08/2012 at 15:11

@ Toby3 cheers and i will do.

It's over 3 months since i was running a pretty good 8k loop in the country side near where i live and i can't believe (actually i can!) the amount of weight i've gained and how unfit i've become.

@ 3.30 probably 60% of my route to work will be off road on single and fire tracks through woodland. Thats my motivation, plus the fact that to begin with i'll only have to do it one way as the gf works in the same place so can get a lift back!

17/08/2012 at 22:18

Well ended up doing 8 on the treadmill as it was chucking it down here today while watching Kung Fu Panda on DVD the O/H has 10 miles to do tomorrow so the plan at the moment is to run down to the park run do the park run and then run home taking in a loop of the docks

18/08/2012 at 07:05

Hello, Hello......

So frustrating just started to get going and then cutting the grass 4 weeks ago i somehow twisted my ankle - Didn't think too much of it at the time but as soon as i finished it just ballooned and so so painful.

Still a little sore but i have been given the all clear to get back on it - First time out this morning for nearly 5 weeks - Back to square one but just dragging myself out there for a 2 mile walk / run / walk felt great - Swimming tomorrow as an alternative to burn fat and strength ankle.

Side effect of the ankle starting weight has now increased to 16st 3lb

18/08/2012 at 14:06

Afternoon all

Well 10 miles done with O/H we ran down to our local park run did  the park run then a big loop to finish the mileage off she did al right until about mile 8 and then she struggle  a bit

19/08/2012 at 12:36

Swam today - Shattered is not the word.

Took the kids with me who enjoyed it as well - Probably only did about 12 lengths but i was out of breath and aching - Really enjoyable alternative to supplement my future plans for the running.

19/08/2012 at 18:13

hI all ...another end to a great week!

Booktrunk ...that milage is adding up...well done!

Paul T that weight will drop off in no time at all...

Hackett...hope your ankle lets up...good luck...

Sorry for the lack of posts...just too hot and bothered to be erh 'bothered'...

Weekly roundup:

7 x runs (2 were jogs with g/f), total 31.76 mi, total time 4:37'24, average pace 8'44/mi, 3616calories., 21.48mi on road & 3.82 trail. only 4 gasmask runs this week.

Did my first ever run barefoot 2.94miles...not bad...reason have starting running in Merrell Barefoot road gloves and noticed that I am getting wear on one of my heels on the shoe, so running barefoot was just a way to assess how I was striking and is a way to learn how not to heel strike.

Just as a matter of intrest, have started using music at 180bpm and trying to match that in my cadence...result...my spilts are faster that previously...

Broke both my 1mi & 1km pbs twice this week...just now have to work on some more distance work.

So enough of the gloating...good luck to everyone this week...whatever your goal is.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited: 19/08/2012 at 18:23
20/08/2012 at 03:41

morning all

well may try another 8 today as i only have a couple of week full training left before the taper leading up to the GNR have 13 to do on Friday then will go out with O/H all being well on Saturday as she has 11 miles to do

20/08/2012 at 17:08

Well 8 miles done today no idea how fast as battery died in my Gramin have received my race pack today only to find my name is spelt wrong they have me  as AALN oh such is life

21/08/2012 at 08:13

Morning,

Can I join you please?  Weighed in this morning at 12st 4lb goal is 10st.  Training for autumn marathon, due to injury I have not run in two weeks, going to run tonight and see what happens, fingers crossed!

21/08/2012 at 09:34

Morning all. Been quiet on here lately due to a) injury, b) visitors, c) a walk up Snowdon yesterday.

My hip injury seems to be OK now so I'm going to risk a run at lunchtime - the first time I've run in over a week. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the new peeps, and congrats to everyone who's getting out there, setting PBs, running barefoot, training for marathons, etc, etc.

21/08/2012 at 12:20

Just 3 for me today then may well cycle to work as the wife needs the car tonight or may be lazy and get her to take me and then just walk home

Word glad to read the hip seems Ok hope the run goes Ok

Running for me welcome to our happy band of losers good luck with the weight loss I’m 12st 4 at the moment and that seems to be as low as i can get for any length of time would however love to drop to 11st and to be honest since the thread started have fluctuated from 11st 10lbs  to 12st 8lbs but never getting back to my start weight of 13st 4lbs

21/08/2012 at 17:49

Thanks, Toby. Pleased to say the 8k was slow but steady and pain free. Fingers crossed it lasts!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.