Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,561 to 3,580 of 4,437 messages
04/09/2012 at 09:50

Hi everyone

Great reading from you lot and loads of good running

I actually managed to get my LSR in Fri morning and did 10.17 miles, tapering now ready for Lake Vyrnwy HM on Sunday  feel good and looking forward to it

Edited: 04/09/2012 at 09:56
04/09/2012 at 11:49

Booey good luck Sunday

06/09/2012 at 04:56

Morning all

Well opted for the 6 mile option yesterday as i have to pick up my son from school on Fridayand take him down the train station he’s off to see his sister in Leicester for the weekend lovely day sun was out thought i struggled but to my surprise the whole run only took me 55:59 with an Avg pace of 9:14 m/m

so well pleased but have to say i do seem to be struggling for pace over all at the moment and running no were near as fast when training for Brighton at this stage

Edited: 06/09/2012 at 04:58
06/09/2012 at 10:08

I'm a happy bunny.

73.6Kg the Scales said this morning.  That's fantastic as that's 11St 8 lbs. 

I started at 99.3 so 15St 8 lbs. 

I've hit the 4 stone mark!!! HURRAY. I also knocked 2 mins of my fastest 5Km last night.  This rocks.  My waistline is now 27 cm less than when I started on this diet on 21st March this year.  My waistline was the same size as my hips! My waist is now 22cm less than my hips.... Bit of a difference.

Steph

06/09/2012 at 10:12

Well done Steph! 

Good luck for Sunday Booey, turns out I'm doing one too, thought it was the following week!

06/09/2012 at 10:15

Steph - seriously that is amazing  well done to you  I would like to personally give you a big pat on the back *pats on the back*

Did my last run before HM sunday last night, just 3.5 miles  feeling good and ready

06/09/2012 at 10:20

Good Luck Booey.  You have to tell us how it goes   and thanks for the pat on the back.

06/09/2012 at 13:06

booktrunk WOW that's a fantastic achievement well done to you

06/09/2012 at 13:12

booktrunk thats amazing well done.  my wife and i have just started we currently jog(jog/walk) a 1.5 mile circuit takes us about 17 mins at the minute but she wants to do a 5k.  small steps

06/09/2012 at 15:56

JLB - good luck for THIS Sunday

06/09/2012 at 17:56

Amazing, Booktrunk! Well done.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Will be thinking of you and looking forward to reading your reports!

JBiT - I saw the Horizon prog and am thinking of giving fasting a go, even if just for a day a week. I know a couple of people who've tried the 5:2 but given up on the second week, so I don't think it's that easy. I'm going to get the marathon out of the way, then have a serious think about it!

Ran to work yesterday (11miles - lucky we've got a sports centre on site so I can store clothes overnight and enjoy a shower after running), and I've also slotted in a couple of 5 milers which have gone well. Just 10 miles (Sat) and 20 miles (Sun) to go before I start tapering.

Been really good food-wise so I'm hoping to shift a couple of pounds by Sunday!

Nearly the weekend!

Edited: 06/09/2012 at 17:57
07/09/2012 at 08:23

Good work everyone.

Lost another 2lbs this week so that is around 15-16 in total. Still haven't got around to taking a few measurements but I do seem to be shrinking.

08/09/2012 at 11:31

Good news, Paul, well done.

I'm quite optimistic about weigh day tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Ten mile run with a friend this morning. A little chilly to start off with, and it really won't be long before I'm back out in base layer, jacket, hat and gloves, running on dark, frosty mornings. I do quite enjoy colder runs, but it's the thought of getting up in the dark that depresses me!

08/09/2012 at 13:11
Had a 5 hour race last Saturday and my weight was a bit erratic post that because of the gels and other chocolate I ate, this was not helped Sunday by having a family 'great British bake off' anyway I have managed a good solid training week which saw might weight dip below the 30lbs lost mark. Yesterday I had had a wobble and had a real pig out. I had done 2 x hard sessions though 1 interval session and a 2 hour bike ride so hopefully it won't affect it too much.
08/09/2012 at 16:32

Afternoon all

went out with the O/H today the idea was for her do a 6 mile run at race pace with me pacing her she was aiming for 13m/m but we had to give up after 3.5 it never went well from the word go first her legs hurt then it was to hot then she was having trouble breathing

In the end we decided it was not worth going on with it and came home looking at the 3.5 miles we did the run took us 47:51 with an Avg pace of 14:05

09/09/2012 at 15:55

Afternoon, all.

Guv - you've got to have a pig out now and again and your bake off sounds fun. I reckon by pigging out we give our bodies a bit of respite from the dieting and being healthy, which kicks starts the process better when you're back on the wagon. Works for me anyway.

Toby - yes, sometimes runs just don't go the way you want them to, do they. I had one like that today - a really tough 20 miler.

OK, so the first 10 miles were OK. It was the second 10 miles that proved difficult, and I think they were the toughest 10 I've ever run. I knew as I set off that it would be because my legs already felt tired (43 miles since last Sunday will do that to a chap...) but even so I was hoping for a good, confidence-boosting run because that's the last long run I've got to do before the Berlin Marathon - my longest run next week is 19k (about 12 miles). I've basically got three weeks of tapering before going for it in Berlin.

So I'm a bit disappointed that today's run wasn't better. I know the marathon itself will be different - I won't have had a ten mile run the day before and to a certain extend the occasion and 40,000 other runners will keep me going, but today I feel a little deflated, and pretty doubtful about how I'm likely to perform in the marathon.

And I'm aching like hell at the moment too!

In the meantime, hats off to the magnificent David "weirwolf" Weir - four gold medals in one games? What an inspiration. I reckon he has to be my athlete of the Games.

Also chuffed to report a fantastic 3lb loss this week - only about 7lbs away from where I want to be now.

09/09/2012 at 18:00
I like your pig theory words, I'm using that! Lol

Toby, It was really muggy yesterday (in Belfast at any rate), I even found a gentle Parkrun a struggle, sometimes descresion is the best course of action.

Words - Your tough 20 miler will be great mental toughness training, you may need it in the last 6 miles in Berlin.

I had a great HM today, I was aiming for 8:05 average pace and ended up averaging 8:03, with a watch time if 1:45:16. Over 14 minutes off my previous PB set at the end of June. Allowed myself a bit of a chocolate and fizzy binge, oops.
Edited: 09/09/2012 at 18:01
10/09/2012 at 03:49

Morning all

well just under a week now to the GNR can’t wait and only 3 more nights at work as I’ve taken Thursday night off as there coming to collect us between 9and 9:30 on Friday morning so we can pick the car up and go straight from the car rental place

will do a couple of shortest runs this week just to keep the legs turning over disappointing news apparently Mo’s drop out and they say it’s because he never had time to put the training in

10/09/2012 at 14:41

14 mins off your PB, JLB? Fantastic! Definitely earned the chocs and fizz.

I know what you mean about the tough 20 miler being good prep.

Toby - good luck with the final prep for the GNR. Shame Mo won't be there, but I bet it's a cracking occasion. Look forward to reading your take on it.

Legs not aching as much as I thought they would today (a rest day, thankfully). 8k planned tomorrow lunchtime so will see how I get on!

10/09/2012 at 16:02

I plodded around for 17.5 miles yesterday.  Was rather warm, and nearly all on dirt tracks with roots etc... or through farmers fields, needed to be quicker than I was 3h 54m that is only just on the border of competing in 6 hours, and just getting around in the 6h is my goal for the first one.

In fairness i'm pretty sure the paths and roads i'm going to be running on are all better than 90% of what I went through yesterday, but i need to be quicker!! I think it did my weight good the run though   Have to wait till Wednesday to see officially.  Each Wed morning is when I have my weekly official weigh in.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.