Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,581 to 3,600 of 4,437 messages
11/09/2012 at 03:31

morning all

well just 2 miles for me yesterday took me longer to get ready what with the stretches than it did to do the run same again today and tomorrow then nothing till Sunday

11/09/2012 at 14:31

I've been training for a marathon.. at the start I weighed 13st 7 i'm 6ft.. then went up to 13 11 at week 9! now I'm back to 13 7 within a week! how weird is that!

11/09/2012 at 16:12

Hi all....just a quickie.....this last sunday I took part in the Strongman Run here in The Netherlands...18km over/under and through 23 obstacles...if anyone has never done on.....go for it...I think I laughed and smiled the whole event...great atmosphere, great event and so very funny....despite having to take it easy as I have an ongoing groin strain...yeah, yeah should have pulled out but 'sense' was never my strong point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bO5-pAwBrog

Edited: 11/09/2012 at 16:35
11/09/2012 at 16:43

Hi, That sounds about right Martin. I had a good few beers last week, not been out this week, but back where I started thats 13st 5lb. I hope with not going out this next week, I can lose a ld in weight. I have a couple of treats a week, but try to eight weight wwatchers meals wheen i can. Keep at it!

11/09/2012 at 18:21

Booktrunk - you're right about the running conditions/road - it'll make a real difference and I'm sure you'll have no problem getting round in under 6 hours.

Dave - the Strongman Run sounds good fun. Hope the groin strain eases soon.

Martin - I'm the same; my weight seems to fluctuate on a day-to-day basis too.

Sinbad - good luck!

Just a quick (OK, average paced) 8k up the beautiful Clyne Valley in Swansea. I really wasn't sure how today would go, given the aches and pains I had after my long run on Sunday, but I was genuinely surprised to find that I enjoyed the run, and that it was pain free.

There must be something in these marathon training programmes after all...and it's taken my total for the year to over 1,500km. Now that's put a smile on my face!

Later on, a colleague told me he'd been inspired to run 5k on the treadmill at lunchtime because I'm "always banging on about running", or words to that effect. Still, it's nice to have been of use.

12/09/2012 at 03:33

morning all

well just 3 miles for me yesterday will do another 3 today then rest up till Sunday

Dave looks like a lot of fun

Martin welcome

Word well done on the inspiring some to run

12/09/2012 at 08:48

Morning everyone.

Another 2 lbs off, so now -58lbs in 25 weeks.  11st 6lbs in total.  BMI Down from 37.5 to 27.7, it's getting harder to get any big losses which is to be expected as i loose, but it's still coming off, so cannot complain.

12/09/2012 at 09:21

well done bootrunk. I'm stuck between 13st5lb and 13st 8lb. Yes you are right it does get harder to get daily weight off sometimes but not all the time. Its like you body gets used to one level before before it decides to get to the next lower level. I hope that makes sense ow er.

12/09/2012 at 09:41

Ohhhh Toby good luck for Sunday

12/09/2012 at 13:07

afternoon all

well the weight loss is going nowhere at the moment weighed to day and back up to 12st 6lbs just can't seem to get into it at the moment but with the 4 races in 5 weeks it has given me a bit of an incentive

been feeling a little down lately due to pressure at work and other things and on reflection shouldn't be to disappointed with 12st 6lbs as at one point i was back up to 12st 9lbs

may stop posting on here for a while as getting really disheartened at seeing all your wonderful weight loss achievements  and knowing that if i had an ooze of will power and with the lenght of time I've been at it i should be 11st by now

13/09/2012 at 12:25

HI guys

I completed Lake Vyrnwy HM in 2.18  4 minutes better than my previous time so fairly happy with that

Hope your all well

13/09/2012 at 13:19
Congrats
13/09/2012 at 17:54

Yay! Congrats, Booey!

Toby: don't go away! Stay with us mate and keep us all on the straight and narrow. Besides, you're the guy who kept me going for months, so what am I going to do without you? Hopefully everything will settle down for you soon. Maybe it's time to focus on enjoying the runs and pushing diets into second place for a while? And good luck for Sunday!

Well done to everyone weight-loss wise.

13k in the rain last night - with some good hills in there too. 8k at lunchtime today, and a rest day tomorrow. Swansea 10k a week on Sunday, Berlin Marathon a week later, and Cardiff Half two weeks after that! Ho hum...

13/09/2012 at 21:54

Words thanks for that just a little down at the moment may all be different  on Monday after the run

14/09/2012 at 08:31
Well, 3.5lbs this week..... The only things I can think of for this are that I've been dog-sitting this week so extra long walkies and a few hills thrown in there for good measure too. I know it'll settle down for next weeks weigh in.
I'm 2 runs in to week six of my 5k plan and although I'm still the wrong side of 16st (by 4st!) it amazes me how epic I feel getting out there and running.
14/09/2012 at 08:48

toby3 Stick with it.  These things happen when dieting, maybe you need to just change things around a bit, possibly eat a bit more? I know it sounds daft, but maybe your metabolism has slowed down and got used to living on what you are having and you need to get it all going again by just doing something different for a few days.

Variety, I find is the key just eating different things for a few days might surprise you.  It's worth a try.  There is no doubt you are doing enough exercise

Tell us next week how the run goes

14/09/2012 at 09:41

Toby dont be down, your always here to encourage us and I hope we do you also  you would be missed if you disappear for a while but fully understand if you need a break.

My weight has stuck for months now and I know with a proper push I could achieve losing the 2-3lbs but I still feel so proud of myself over the past year, starting running and losing nearly a stone and a half  that its just not that important and I still eat what I want  I have cut right back on alcohol though which surprisingly has not bothered me at all

So hold your head high and stop concentrating so much on the weight loss, your body is obviously happy where it is  keep up the good running your an inspiration to us all, and make sure you keep us informed of all your races and lots of luck

14/09/2012 at 11:13

morning all,

I weighed myself and found myself at 13st6lb today. I know whats doing it, and up to me to stop it. I like to go for a good beer once a week. But that will get back to perhaps to once a month.

Hope everyone is ok?

15/09/2012 at 08:05

Paul T - good work! The Dog Sitting Diet. Is it on Amazon yet?

Booey - you've done really well and obviously approaching life differently now. What a difference running makes on oh so many levels.

Sinbad - beer in moderation is fine, though - you've got to enjoy life, haven't you?

Cold, dark 10k for me this morning. Winter's coming folks!

16/09/2012 at 15:34
I wonder how Toby and everyone else doing the GNR got on?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.