Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,601 to 3,620 of 4,437 messages
17/09/2012 at 14:50

Come on Toby we want to know how you got on, dont desert us

Words - I am noticing the mornings are chilly now  we put all our garden furniture away yesterday and stacked the fire wood ready

17/09/2012 at 15:19

You're not wrong Booey, 'tis baltic today!

17/09/2012 at 18:29

Hi all...loads of good happ'n here I see.....keep up of the great efforts ...LOSERS!

Well just been to see the physio and she reckons from what she can feel that I have over-cooked the running lately and as a result have strained, stretched a muscle in my groin...so have to lay off the running and do only light stretching for the next 2 weeks....so....I bet I put on 4 gazillion tons...

So good luck to all...I'll be back!!!

17/09/2012 at 20:08
We want Toby,
We want Toby,
We want Toby,
17/09/2012 at 20:20

Evening all

Well just got home 7 hr drive up on Friday and a seven hour drive home got a little lost going to Whitley Bay but that was my fault not listening to the sat nav and thinking i new better we left Bristol at 11.30am on Friday and arrived at the holiday park around 6.30pm in the evening Caravan was nice Saturday we went into Gateshead for the pasta party sun was out it was a lovely hot day

And watched the end of the new 10k race they have started and the end of both the kiddies’ races then went in for some pasta had a photo taken with Joe Pavey we then went back to the caravan as we were going to have tea with the O/H Uncle who lives there

Sunday morning was an early start as we had to meet the coach at 7.30 so was up by twenty to six had my usual toast and coffee did my stretches and out the door meet the coach who took me to the start and the wife onto the finish

Must say was disappointed with the start area think for such a big race was expecting a lot more hung around at the start for about an hour before entering the pen got talking to a lady from Devon who was running it for the second time we were going to run together as i though due to the lack of speed i had experience in training 2hrs was a likely time and she was going for the same

the red arrows fly over and the race got under way on time all though it did then take me another 20 minutes to get over the line by this time it had started to rain slap Elle Simpsons hand running with the lady did not work as after about a mile i had lost her

It was a bit downhill to the Tyne and Wear Bridge but then it was all uphill have to say it’s the hilliest course i run there were bands around the course crowds were out despite the rain was getting more and more angry as one idiot cut behind me catching the back of my feet nearly tripping me up others just barging past and people in front just cutting across in front of you not looking to see who the were about to trip up then there was the guy who was walking in the middle of the road which needed some fancy foot work to avoid as i did not see him till the guy in front swerved past him at the last moment

Over all though if i am honest was disappointed as it did not live up to the hype and was no more special than any other H/M I’ve done and the atmosphere was the same as at Bristol and Bath

in the end the whole run took me 1:53:34 so was only outside my PB which stands at 1:51:44 by 1:50 the split were go to

8:22.7

8:08.9

8:15.8

8:33.0

8:53.5

8:27.8

8:20.8

8:31.2

8:44.4

8:45.3

9:00.7

9:14.7

8:21.8

Giving me and Avg pace of 8:37

17/09/2012 at 20:32
Dave Anderson, I hope you heal quickly!!

Toby, well run, sounds like it is a bit of a free for all. I think I'm happy that mine is a smaller mara.

But well done on the time.
18/09/2012 at 08:25

Toby3 well done another one done, and I would guess not a bad time, I have recorded the TV coverage but not watched it yet, I will look out for you. On the spur of the moment well Sunday morning, I entered a HM local to me and did it on Sunday, but with no specific training it was hard work and I was about 2 mins outside my pb.

Excellent running everyone and good luck on the weight loss, I am seriously looking at losing some more weight, managed 1lb last week, so going in the right direction.

take care

18/09/2012 at 08:26

Great time Toby, well done fighting your way through the traffic!

18/09/2012 at 09:50

Well done Toby thats a great time considering your fighting through the crowds  I did watch it on TV and it looked rather crowded to say the least

Had my first little run last night since HM, just a steady 3.4 miles  going running with the club later

18/09/2012 at 09:50

Great effort, Toby! Sounds like a real experience, and a good average pace too.

Dave - heal soon!

Spen - Well done on the HM.

2lbs lost this week, so I reckon I've only got another 5lbs or so to go before hitting ideal weight nirvana! Couple of smaller runs this week (6k today, Thurs and Sat, 10k tomorrow and Sunday).

Hope you're all well - keep running, folks.

18/09/2012 at 10:06

did get on the TV but only the back of me there's a short of the start pens early on stood by the pile of water is a guy in a black to next to a lady in a funny hat well that's me you can also see a bit of the red shorts i was wearing

18/09/2012 at 20:47

Hi all,

Just a quick post. I'm really struggling in getting past that 13st 5lb stage any advice? I'm on tablets that make you feely hungry and thirsty all the time?

In addition, I'm now upto 40 minutes on one session and three sessions at 30 minutes, building up the longer times I am running for. I have noticed I' starting to get thirsty whereas before I was not. Is there a general rule that you should follow about when you should start taking fluid with you?

18/09/2012 at 20:52

I have done 45 miles over the last 7 days and lost 2lb which is a suprise considering how much junk food I ate last Friday.  Completed a 105 mile traverse of Scotland on the Coast to Coast Saturday so I think that has sorted me out.

18/09/2012 at 22:43
Sinbad: how about drinking lots of water try it for say 2 days. See how it goes?
19/09/2012 at 07:57
Bloody hell, what a week. Sorry I'm a bit excited. I have lost 4lbs, which this far into the diet I had assumed I'd left that sort of loss behind.

It's been a strange week only ran around 40km (cannot believe I put only there). This weekend I am doing my biggest run pre marsthon do 32km *gulp*

So 26 weeks and my total loss is 61 lbs, down to 11st 3lbs.
19/09/2012 at 15:22

Club run last night 5.5 miles and really enjoyed it

20/09/2012 at 04:43

Morning all

well had a rest day yesterday will go out for another gentle 3 miler today and may be something a bit long tomorrow as i plan to do only a couple of 2 mile runs next  week

20/09/2012 at 13:47

Booktrunk - good work on the 40k and the 4lbs! Superb.

Guv - Ditto - good effort. Bet the traverse was fun. How long did it take you?

Sinbad - I agree with Booktrunk in terms of upping your fluid intake for a couple of days to try and beat the thirst. Wouldn't hurt to take a small water bottle with you either, even for 40 minute runs.

Toby - didn't spot you I'm afraid, but can I have your autograph?

Just had a quick 6k run at lunchtime, coming in at just a fraction over 30 minutes, so that's not far of 12km/h, and probably the furthest I've ever run in half and hour, so I'm chuffed.

Swansea 10k on Sunday, but I won't be pushing for a PB as I've got the marathon a week later. This time next week I'll be in Berlin, probably v nervous!

21/09/2012 at 12:51

Hi all,

Hope its ok to slip into this thread?

I missed my Wednesday run, and ended up going for my usual day on the beer (down from every day to just once a week). Im convinced its that whats keeping my  weight up. But my run today was great, although a half mile steep hill got me walking, I will conquer it though, will try keep at the hill to I run it.

Those look like really good ttimes Toby, Your way ahead of me.

That sounds like a plan, drinking lots of water over two days boottrunk, I will give it a try this Saturday and Sunday.

Hope your all ok.

22/09/2012 at 10:14

Sinbad - of course you're welcome to join the thread. Hope the "water plan" goes well. I've got a demon hill on one of my routes and it's a real boost when you conquer it for the first time! Good luck.

Just the 4 miles for me this morning, but it's a beautiful sunny day here in Swansea. Shame the forecast for the 10k tomorrow is for heavy rain.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.