Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,621 to 3,640 of 4,437 messages
22/09/2012 at 11:25

Morning all

Never went out for a run yesterday in the end but did a gentle gym session in the garage inserted must keep this short today as have to help Mrs Toby 3 tidy the house up for next week as it the sons 18th birthday and were having an open house and if i stay here to long i get shouted at she may be small but as the saying goes don’t make her angry you won’t like her when she angry

22/09/2012 at 13:48

Hi Toby,

A change is as good as a rest.

Good luck with an open house party. Sounds like you and your Mrs will have your work cut out for that one ow er.

22/09/2012 at 19:29

evening all

well to our shame we've just finished the house work it's the first time we've had a chance to have a really good go at it what with all the training we been putting in took us a little longer than both of us expected

22/09/2012 at 19:55
evening, I'm curled up on the soda trying to decide when to go out tomorrow longest ever a 20miler and being slow... It's 4:15 time I guess, would love to do it in 4.
22/09/2012 at 20:02

booktrunk good luck with the 20miler hope all gose well

23/09/2012 at 16:52

Hi all,

Hope it goes well for you boottrunk.

Weight loss wise, I'm still at the 13st5lb, just going to try one or two new things to try and lose another couple of lbs.

Not much else to say. except that after about 6 weeks training although not lost much weight yet, but am starting to feel the benefit of the jogging. I just come home from college a lot better, instead of feeling tired all the time.

Hope your doing ok toby3 to?

23/09/2012 at 16:59
Thanks Toby n sinbad it went well I've survived legs aching of course, but could be worse so very happy.
23/09/2012 at 17:45

hi,

as long as your happy with how it went, thats great  news about your personal challenge at that distance

23/09/2012 at 19:54
I had many weeks of weight plateau Sinbad, keep believing that if you are doing the right things the weightloss will look after itself.

Well done with 20 miles BT, I did 18 myself on Saturday morning and found it a real mental and physical grind.
23/09/2012 at 19:59

Well done to all you runners and losers!

BT & JLB - congrats on the looooong runs.

It was the Swansea Bay 10k today, and that's the third time I've run it. I had planned to take it easy and not try for a PB, but ended up setting a new 10k personal best anyway!

• In 2009 I ran it in 1 hour 1 minute.
  • In 2011 I ran it in 59 minutes 19 seconds.
  • Today, I reckon I ran it in 52 minutes and 33 seconds (nine seconds faster than the time I set at the Llanelli 10k earlier this year. The 52.33 was what my watch said, but the provisional results have given me 52.41 - still a PB (just).

I ran with (and partly paced) a friend who smashed a brilliant three minutes off his PB, finishing in around 54 minutes, so a good day all round!

I have a sneaking suspicion that, if I'd pushed it, I could have beaten 50 minutes, which is something I'd like to achieve by the end of the year. Can't think about that now, though, as all thoughts are on Berlin and the small matter of a 26.2 mile run next Sunday...

Another 2lbs off, so that's me losing half a stone in three weeks - and only another 3 to go before my BMI hits "ideal"...

23/09/2012 at 20:06
Great job Words, do you have a race plan in mind for Berlin, or are you keeping your cards close to your chest?
23/09/2012 at 20:29

Hi all

Have been reading but not posting, well done to everyone on their respective runs and weight loss. I've been a bit in and out of running recently but have put in the effort over the last couple of weeks, had a 14.26 mile run this morning. It wasn't fast and it certainly wasn't pretty but it was done! Weight wise I weighed myself after the run and I was 13st 4 1/4lbs which is a drop of nearly 4 pounds since I last weighed. However, that will no doubt be back on again when I weigh myself tomorrow morning, enjoying some read whilst celebrating my 52nd birthday!

Waves to all.

GFB

24/09/2012 at 03:44

morning all

well done on all the weight loss  personally i havean't been near the scales for a while as was just getting to disheartened so i have  no idea how heavy i am must weigh be for the weekend as i have the first of the 3 H/M this weekend

24/09/2012 at 04:00

****** FROM ROLLS-ROYCE STAFF MAGAZINE ******

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)..

Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields. American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the Windshields of their new high speed trains.

Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers. When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin like an arrow shot from a bow.. The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this......

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:

"Defrost the chicken."

24/09/2012 at 07:56
That is brilliant
24/09/2012 at 09:36

Hi,

lol I agree that is brilliant. I know there's a serious side to it, but you can't help just thinking about the astonished look on their faces.

24/09/2012 at 10:26

Toby - brilliant! (And I work with some pretty bright engineers so I can relate to this!)

JLB - race plan? To finish...

Seriously, I'm hoping to maintain a steady pace that will let me cover 20 miles in three hours. Then it's *just* the 6.2 /10k to worry about. Not sure I'll get under 4 hours, but I'll have a damn good try!

Gary - nice to see you. Congrats on the weight loss. And hope you enjoy a very happy birthday!

24/09/2012 at 13:59

Hi all,

Sorry for not noticing it was your birthday yesterday, many happy returns, better late than never.

I'm not going to say my weight today, but will see what happens over this week. My plan may just be starting to work.

Enjoy all your afternoon.

25/09/2012 at 11:59

Words - fantastic time  well done thats a great PB inprovement  lots and lots of luck for Berlin

Toby - very funny  I like that

25/09/2012 at 13:04

Hi all just a quickie....been to the quacks today and he believes I have a Hernia of some form more than likey a 'sports hernia' and possbile tearing/damage to the adductor muscles in some fashion...so have been referred to the surgeon and looking like at least 3 weeks to see him...but on a good note....the way it works here is that once the surgeon thinks he can do something and the 'gas-man' is happy...I'm sliced and diced that day!...

It's been 20days since my last proper run and I hate it...it's not like I can do much else fitness wise swimming, running, bicycle, weights all strain the injury...I'll be a right oooompa loompa by the time this is sorted! buy hey..they are lots of people who would like to be in my postion I'm sure...so thank my lucky stars it's just a minor thing...good luck everyone...

So for now ...keep up all the good work....

Edited: 25/09/2012 at 17:33
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.