Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,641 to 3,660 of 4,437 messages
26/09/2012 at 10:09

Dave - that's not good. Hope you get sorted soon. Good to put it into perspective though.

6.5k yesterday and 5k this morning. Then just a 2-3k on Saturday to keep the legs ticking over before M-Day on Sunday. This will probably be my last post until I get back from Berlin (Tuesday), but I'll let you know how I get on in the marathon as soon as I can.

TTFN

26/09/2012 at 10:16

Hope everyone is feeling ok today.

I'm trying not to be smug, but honestly i'm failing.  Today i'm being a bit rude n bouncing around everywhere showing off... sorry... I just cannot contain my excitement.  69.9kg on the scales this morning 10st 13.78lbs  I don't know when i was last 10 stone something in weight.  I was 15st 8 on March 21st when I decided i had to change my life around, and now with a lot of help from you lot on these forums and WeightWatchers forums i'm now down to 26.5 BMI and only 8 lbs from my mythical target that I didn't think i would ever reach of a "good" BMI.

26/09/2012 at 10:45

Words - Have a great run, I hope meet your targets, and most of all have a great time!

That's a fantastic achievment BT, you should be rightly proud of yourself.

I had a "bad" Saturday (had a great time though! lol), Guinness flowing etc., so it wasn't a massive surprise that I had put on 2.5lbs when I weighed myself on Monday, all back off and a little extra today though, 11st dead, 30lbs off my heaviest just over 12 months ago.

26/09/2012 at 14:34

Afternoon all

Well resting up till Sunday now just had the finale email from the run Bristol so it doesn’t look like they change the course again this year

Dave hope all is fixed soon

Booktrunk bounce away all you like great result wish i had your will power and drive

26/09/2012 at 16:57

Hi all,

Sorry not haing been in, but have been trying something out this week and so far its working. I will say Friday if it works. Crumbs I only been in from a run for an hour, and the heavens have just opened up big style.

Great news for you Boottrunk, I'm jealous but also really excited for you.

toby3 what distance are you doing?

JLB thats one of my major places that I want to visit Berlin and Munich. I'm a bit of a history nerd when it comes down to some of Germanies history, from around 1700 year onwards. What a great way to see the sites, if you will be in a posistion to enjoy them whether its before during or after marathon. Enjoy your distances this weekend all

26/09/2012 at 21:25

WS - A bit of a delay on the traverse time but it was 10 hours 14 mins.  Steady week with a new 10K PB of 36:16.  Logged 47.5 miles of running and lost 2lb (the week also included a dinner party), don't really want to lose anymore but I'm also a bit nervous of starting to gain pounds.

27/09/2012 at 04:18

sinbad i have the Bristol H/M which is 13.1 miles

27/09/2012 at 09:34

Words - loads of luck for Sunday

Toby - you also, lots of luck for Sunday

Booktrunk - absolutely amazing  with an achievment like that you can be as smug as you like  well done you

Sinbad - hope it works  cant wait to find out what it is

JLB - guinness is good for you  I actually like guinness, I usually only drink it when I go to Dublin

Week today I go to Fuerte  yeehaaaaaa

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 09:35
27/09/2012 at 13:03

never got into London again next year oh well keep trying and it's there loss

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 13:04
27/09/2012 at 13:25

Toby3 - perhaps my letter wil be there when I get home, in away I wont be worried if I dont get in, as already looking at Pitsford Marathon, Milton Keynes Marathon, Grim Reaper 100 miler, Grim Reaper Half Marathon (24 hours after 100 miler finishes), Cranford HM, just one problem will the wife let me and where to get the money from. Hope you are keeping well.

Hi to everyone else.

Words good luck at Berlin.

27/09/2012 at 17:40

Thanks for the kind words...

I am amazed...this monday I saw the doctor and he said he think I have a sports Hernia and some additional m,uscle damage...today I have been told I am into seeing the surgeon on the 9th...and if he believes it's a hernia...they operate that same day...

...So hope fully I'll be back running the following weekend!!!!

28/09/2012 at 04:07

Dave that's good news lets hope it goes your way

must way today i was 12 st 12lbs after my weekend away at the GNR short of had a major blow out after the race

28/09/2012 at 07:08

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you may have a Hernia, I have had one before, there not very pleasent to live with. Hope its sorted for yoou soon.

I believe its okayto have a blow out once ina while Toby 3.

Well I just weighed myself, and I'm 14st 4lb and a half. Some how I I put on half a lb as yesterday i was 13st 3 and a half. But I have still lost 1 and a half pounds over this week.

Hope everone is okay. Ihope to beck in daily now, I just tried to an experiement. to see what I could lose in  a week.

Well on the plus side, I entered the Manchester Marathon yesterday, Not sure how I'm feeling about that yet, its my first marathon, I guess I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Hope everyone is okay.

28/09/2012 at 13:29

weighed myself today 12st 7lbs

28/09/2012 at 13:36
Toby that's good.

I have all sorts of dreams of going to a 50s style burger n chilli joint or pizza express after my mara and pigging out
28/09/2012 at 13:38

Well done Toby, heading in the right direction.

Sinbad - a good week overall losing 1.5lbs, keep it up. So what was your experiment this week ?

And stop weighing yourself every day !! Maybe stick with once a week?

28/09/2012 at 15:49

Re the daily weight.

I do it daily.  Wednesday is my "official weight" so each week i'm whatever the scales said on the Weds morning as far as anyone else is concerned, but I find a quick check daily helps to keep me on the straight and narrow.  27 weeks i've been doing it, 25 weeks of losses and 2 weeks staying the same.  It doesn't work for everyone, but for me it's great.

28/09/2012 at 16:17
I also weigh myself everyday - I think it's just routine now although I think i will always do it. On the negative side I have suffered a major piggy attack today loading 2500 cal of rubbish by lunch time. I think my body just needed it - I'm down to just over 10 stone now which is probably a little lighter than I want to be but I find the maintain harder than the loss part, it's getting the balance right...
28/09/2012 at 22:13

Me too for daily scales check.

29/09/2012 at 13:34

hi all,

cartesum, I didn't have any bread or cheese for a week, and stuck wherever possible to weight watchers meals. But went nout on the beer , so I have undone whatever good it did.

I will try again from today, if it doesn't rain Sunday I hope to do my first hour run, and hopefully it will get rid of some of the beer .

I agree guv001 but I will keep trying not to weigh myself daily though. Glad it works for you boottrunk, trouble is its so addictive weighing once or more a day, I will try start again Sunday down to just once a day.

Good luck all. Pleased but jealous for your weightloss boottrunk, but like you determined to get there. Hi JLB3 it is hard work on scales.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.