Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,681 to 3,700 of 4,437 messages
04/10/2012 at 14:38

Word great report glad you enjoyed and it sounds absolutely fantastic maybe one to run in 2014 instead of Brighton

04/10/2012 at 15:42

Toby - it's fantastic. And getting to run round one of the most interesting cities in Europe too. Go for it - not to be missed!

04/10/2012 at 16:07

Hi,

Is that about a marathon, if so which one may I ask?

I would love in time do the one in Berlin that I'm sure someone mentioned?

04/10/2012 at 16:16
Sinbad - yes, Berlin. I loved it. See my post on the last page.
04/10/2012 at 16:59

Ow er,

I don't know how to get  to last page. But I tried, I will do a google search at some stage though. I'm only just learning the basics ofhow to a post

04/10/2012 at 17:04
No probs - you should be able to get there by clicking on the "184" link at the top of this thread. Took me ages to find my way around here.
04/10/2012 at 17:19

Hi Wordslinger,

Somehow found it via emails send a response is made.

It sounds like an awesome experience.

I'm doing the Manchester Marathon, and I would be happy finishing time of about 5hours 30 minutes.

I'm really pleased for tour positive experience.

04/10/2012 at 19:45
Hi wordslinger.

That sounds like you had an awesome race.

Well done I'm jealous I get to do it myself a week Sunday
05/10/2012 at 07:48

Hi all,

I really have to give up the beer.

Evey timeI go out, it puts at least a lb in weiht on, plus the food to eat the next day, and missing a training session.

06/10/2012 at 10:40

Booktrunk - good luck for a week Sunday! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Berlin.

Sinbad - good luck for Manchester. It'll be a fabulous experience, I'm sure.

Dragged myself out of bed for a 10k run this morning, my first run since the marathon last Sunday. It was quite slow going and I was surprised at how heavy my legs felt, even though they haven't run for a few days. I also felt a couple of lingering niggles in my right leg, but nothing serious.

I'll be taking it easy for another week, with a couple of 6km runs planned mid-week and the Cardiff Half Marathon on 14th October. 

06/10/2012 at 12:20

Hi all,

Hope the build up to your marathon is still on track Booktrunk?

I'm learning so much from you, by just reading the general posts people on here its great.

Hope the legs recover in plan continues on the  right ttrack Wordslinger.

06/10/2012 at 17:21
Back on track ran 12k today. Very relieved.
06/10/2012 at 17:52

Hi all,

Good glad your back on track.I hope to try out my new pedometre in the morning.

07/10/2012 at 09:38

Hi all,

Recently got back in from run. I weighed mysef before hand, I'm still stuck on 13st 3lb, 84.3kg

I'm only doing 3.5km in 53 minutes, I only used my new pedometre this morning, and it gave me a fright. The Manchester MoRun 10K is on the 24th November. Yet people  talk about 10k in under an an hour , I will be lucky to finish it at this rate .

Hope people are ok.

07/10/2012 at 10:41
Morning all,

Sinbad - you'll find race day a completely different experience: running with hundreds of others and seeing the crowds make a real difference to how you run on the day. I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't worry about a sub 1ht finish, just enjoy the occasion.

Also, what pedometer are you using just out of interest? Is it GPS-based or does it track by the number of paces you take?

Well, weigh day today and I'm surprised to have lost another pound - just 2lbs to go until my BMI reaches 'ideal'! Not sure how I've managed that because I've hardly eaten sensibly since the marathon last Sunday!

Anyway, hope you're all well - if you're running today, enjoy the sun!
07/10/2012 at 11:27

Hi Wordlinger,

No its not one that runs with gps, I just can't afford that tecnology. Its a target fitness pedometre, and operates on steps. I had measured my steps walking not running, so I will change that later on.

Thanks for the advice about just enjoying it.

Looks like your doing well with weight, you will get there not if but when.

07/10/2012 at 16:27

Afternoon all

well back from Cricklade so  that 3 out of 4 races done now had a great time staying with our friend there who was also running the idea was to try to get her around in less than 2 hours all was going well until about mile five when she started to struggle we ran on together until about mile 8 when she had slowed to well outside the required pace and we had come to the under standing if this happened i would check she was fine and go on this i did all i did try to stick to the pace we had agreed to run so that it still gave had a chance to chase me in the end got round in 1:57:27 according to the Gramin

the plan short of word my friend got around in 2:00:48 second and although it was just out side the 2hrs she was still 2 minutes faster than last year

07/10/2012 at 16:33

Hi toby3

Sounds like great times for you both.

Time for a little treat?

Your doing far better than me.

07/10/2012 at 16:38
Hi has anyone done the barcalone marathon and if so what it like thanks
07/10/2012 at 16:40

john sorry can't help with that one i'm afraid

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.