Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,701 to 3,720 of 4,437 messages
07/10/2012 at 16:41
No prob thanks
08/10/2012 at 08:41

John - no, not done Barcelona but it looks fun!

Toby - congrats on a good time at Cricklade! And your friend's time is about a minute better than my h/m PB (but I'm hoping to beat that at the Cardiff Half on Sunday).

Sinbad - spotted you're from Huddersfield. I used to work there, near the Aspley marina. Haven't been back in yonks (I'm in Swansea now). Not a bad town at all, and some great scenery on your doorstep - must be good for running, but a little hilly?

08/10/2012 at 10:20

Haven't been on here is a while, just read your Berlin report Words, sounds great, fantastic time, well done!

I haven't done anything in about 10 days, felt like I had a chesty cold comming on mid-week, and thought I'd better take a break.  It feels like I am missing crucial miles though and has knocked my confidence for Dublin at the end of the month.  Today is my last chance to do 1 last big training run, still undecided though.

08/10/2012 at 11:47

Hi all,

Nice to know Wordslinger that at least one person knows where huddersfield is . I would prefer where you are Swansea though.

Yes its full of hills can't escape  them lol. Its ok for training, but  a little embarrassing when at first you can't get up them .

I bet theres some really nice runs though were you are now though Wordslinger?

JBL3 sounds like its all voming together for you.

08/10/2012 at 11:58

JLB3

I guess if today is your last chance you can go out, but go very gently and just see how it goes.  If you feel awful after the first half mile or so just stop... walk back, and you won't really be any the worse for that but at least you'll be able to assess how you are feeling. 

08/10/2012 at 13:27

JLB - I'd agree with Booktrunk. Take it steady. The last 20 mile run I did before Berlin was shocking and really dented my confidence. On race day, though, I got through 22 miles without really noticing. That's not boasting (although...) it's just that the crowd and the runners and the whole occasion gave me a real lift - I'm sure you'll find the same in Dublin. It's all about enjoying the day! Good luck!

Sinbad - yes, Swansea's pretty good for running. Stunning coastal runs are a real bonus (and quite flat too!)

08/10/2012 at 14:21

I think I will try and do it tonight, going to do 2 x 10 mile loops, so plenty of opportunity to cut it short if required.

09/10/2012 at 19:58

How did it go, JLB?

Quick question: anyone ever done the Brighton Marathon? Any good? I'm considering it as an alternative to London.

Cheers

10/10/2012 at 04:32

word  i have run Brighton for the past 3 year it's well organized unfortunately the only way to get a place now for next year is through a charity as   general entries closed ages ago

10/10/2012 at 08:46

Week 29: -2 lbs Now 10st 10lbs (68 lbs total loss) 

4 days n 30m till Marathon.  I guess i'm now at a "running weight" still over my BMI but 25.7 is wayyy better than the 37.5 I was in March Next week will be interesting to see if i've lost any more or if mara week becomes my first gain week.  Don't really care, i'll eat within my points today then from tomorow i'm not giving a toss about the diet until next Tuesday.

10/10/2012 at 11:58

Thanks Toby - based on your recommendation I've just signed up for a place at Brighton through the MS Society. Looking forward to it!

Booktrunk - After the Berlin marathon, I ate loads (and enjoyed 'one or two' beers) but still managed to lose a pound that week... But you're right to ignore the diet pre marathon - eat healthy, eat pasta, and drink water!

10/10/2012 at 12:53

word your have to join us on the Brighton 2013 thread

Booktrunk go for you remember enjoy the whole experience that comes with running a marathon i always say the hardest part about running one is not the race it's the 16 or so weeks of training that goes into it

10/10/2012 at 12:56

Toby: I so hope that you are right

11/10/2012 at 14:02

Toby - I'll see you over on the Brighton thread sometime.

Booktrunk - Toby's right (but he's a running guru, so of course he's right!) - I found the 18 week training programme the hardest part of the marathon process. I did a couple of 20 mile runs which were soooo tough I really couldn't see myself finishing the marathon. But I sailed through 20 miles on the day (not literally, that's cheating!) and got to about 24 miles before starting to struggle. You'll be brilliant!

Just had a very soggy 6k in the lunchtime rain and now seem to have steamed my office up with condensation...

11/10/2012 at 16:20

afternoon all

well did a couple of miles on the treadmill yesterday and will do a couple tomorrow then rest up as i will need all my energy to get up those hills at Swindon

me and the lady i've run the last 2 race with are going to try a run walk method this time were by we will run a mile walk for a minute then run to the next mile walk a minute and so on to see if we can get her  through the 8 mile mark when she begins to struggle a little then depending on how close we are to the sub 2hr in the last 2 to 3 miles we may just run them

12/10/2012 at 09:46

Morning all,

Booktrunk, have a great run Sunday. The advice given sounds great.

Sorry not been in, beeing feeling a bit rough. So I got drunk Tuesday. Two days after was still feeling bad physically. Been getting hot and cold shakes et,  so I think I have caught this bug thats going round.

But the good news is that im now 12st 13lb, it just depends on how much I put back on now when I'm well.

toby3 and others, you seem so far ahead of me, but I will catch up somehow . Yet I only done a couple of runs this week, just felt run down, and trying to stick to what my body is saying. take it a little slower.

Enjoy all running folks.

13/10/2012 at 22:58

Hi all am back looks like everyone is doing some cracking work...such a cool thread...

Had the Hernia operation...recovery going well, just the normal swelling and brusing now....did my 1st 1mile in a cracking 36minutes feeling the buzz!...more of a lazy stroll.

Have now decided not to concentrate so much on times and road running and more on being fitter all round.  Have also looked the local Survival Bond                          ( http://www.survivalbond.nl/infusions/video/video.php?id=51 ) they have here in the Netherlands and will see if its for me...so enjoyed the Strongman Run.

Look forward to joing back in with the thread laters, need it as I reckon I put on 65gazillion ton... loads of pity eating!

Cheers and have a great weekend to all..

13/10/2012 at 23:01
Night everyone....

Need to get some sleep I guess!

Bloody hell 10:15 and I'll be running my first marathon see you all on the flip side
14/10/2012 at 07:12

Good luck with your first marathon....

14/10/2012 at 07:56

Hi all,

Dave Anderson 5. Glad the hernia operation went well.

I put a post up already about booktrunk first , marathon. Hope they both have a great run.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.