Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,741 to 3,760 of 4,437 messages
22/10/2012 at 19:06

pops head in to say hello i haven't run now since the Swindon H/M and all though the plan of doing nothing for the 2 weeks i have off  hasn't gone quite to plan still had some down time still have a few days left but twitchy feet  syndrome has struck so may well go for a 2 miler run tomorrow

Me and the O/H have had a look at a couple of races to incorporate into our training for Brighton which are the Longleat 10k in Feb and the Llanelli H/M in march so may well run those depending  on the cut off time for the Llanelli H/M

23/10/2012 at 07:28
Hi all, haven't posted in a while but have continued to train consistently. I have had a poor October as far as eating goes with a few more "in the red days" than I would have liked, luckily I can see it happening now as I keep a food diary so I will put a stop to it. Still trying to decide which marathon to do next year...choices choices...
23/10/2012 at 07:49
20lbs since june but 1lb on this week (running again after 3 weeks ankle injury so assuming muscle!)
23/10/2012 at 10:21

Hi guys I am back  had a lovely holiday in Fuerteventura and ran on Sortovento beach most early mornings  it was so beautiful and I miss it

I have read back as much as I can and I can see there is some pretty awesome results from races from you lot

Booktrunk - think I have said on another post - but well done again, you must be very proud  infact on the other post I thought you had done a HM not a full so big respect to you

Words - great news on the sub 2hr  its something I really want to do  and well done on Berlin

I have put on about 3lbs on hols so after my birthday next week I shall get on it and shift them

23/10/2012 at 13:47

Hi All,

I was back up to 13st 1lb today, to be expected really, as I went out and had a day on the beer, and had a curry yesterday, so I see what happens between now and Wednesday morning.

Hi to those who have returned, I have only been coming in over the past few weeks, sogive me time and i will try and catch up with you all.

Glad you enjoyed your holliday .Booey

23/10/2012 at 15:45

Afternoon everyone!

Toby - I ran Llanelli h/m this year. From memory, there were about 1500 runners, with the last one coming in at about 4 hrs 15... If you do decide to do it, I'll see you there!

Guv - at least you're still training! Good going.

Lucy - good effort!

Booey - welcome back! You were missed. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure those holiday lbs will go in no time.

4 miles for me this morning - by torchlight. At least the weather was OK - and looks OK tomorrow morning too for my 11 mile run to work. Oh joy!

24/10/2012 at 12:13

Sinbad - we have to be naughty sometimes otherwise we would go mad, the weight will go if your good again for a few days

Words - clocks alter this weekend so you will be back in the light in the morning for a while  dark nights though  head torch is already is use with club runs

I do love running in the cold winter months though

24/10/2012 at 14:51

Booey - ran to work this morning. Dark cycle-tracks for about 8 of the 11 miles. Nearly ran into one bloke walking his dog... even torchlight doesn't help that much! Bring on the clock change...

24/10/2012 at 18:41

Wordslinger...I recently bought a Petzl Myo Xp and it's very bright...have been running off trail in our local woods at night and it really lights the place up like a flood light...

24/10/2012 at 20:35

Hi All,

Just a quick post.

I'm back to my old weight of 13st 3lb, but I have binged eaten for the past couple of days, and was out all day Monday, but I know I can get that off over a week.

Just a quick note on times. I mapped out a five mile route from google maps, and I decided to walk it, just out of curiosity. It took me 2 hours to walk it all. I'm just frustrated at my  times, and know over time they will improve.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, your times are great, so try and not be so hard on some of yourselves, I'm jeaous lol

25/10/2012 at 09:13

Morning all

Well the holidays coming to a close back to work on Sunday i have resisted the twitchy feet syndrome so far but must but will either get out for a run today or go in the garage for a gym session depending on the weather as it looks like it could empty down any minute at the moment

Haven’t weighed for a week and a half so hate to say what i weigh my well join weight watchers after Christmas as I’ve come to the conclusion there no way I’m going to lose any weight on my own   

so much going on here with everyone won’t reply individually except to say well do to Booktrunk on completing your first marathon

25/10/2012 at 16:06

Words - I bet you frightened the dog walker  even in the light I hate it when I am out running and behind people out walking, I always make them jump out their skin when I go past lol I try so hard to make as much noise as poss so they know I am coming  I need a bike bell haha

Dave - I may invest in a better head torch as mine is just a standard one

I did my local route of 3.5 miles last night in the fog just before dark  it was lovely

25/10/2012 at 16:32

well got out for a run today just 3 miles did struggle a bit due to the over eating while on holiday but got around OK will hopefully get out again tomorrow

25/10/2012 at 17:36

Booey..The Petzl myo xp is a nice bit of kit...suprisingly light considering the light on the front and a 3 AA battery pack on the back...what I would say is that when on in the woods in pitch black you get a tunnel vision effect' so what I have now is a small bike lamp attatched to my camelbak chest strap....this gets rid of the tunnel vision effect and also provides a gentle depth of field and gives bumps, tree stumps shadows...I suppose what I am trying to say is the additonal lamp gives stops everything looking flat.

Cheers to all ...

25/10/2012 at 20:26
Thanks for the tip, Dave. Will have a look at what's on offer.

Booey - when I'm running up behind someone I think I'm likely to spook, I tend to cough or scuff my foot along the ground. I tried calling "excuse me, coming through' once but ended up giving the poor sod a heart attack!

Sinbad - times are all relative and a matter of perspective, and yours will undoubtedly improve. So be patient with yourself!

Did 4 miles at lunchtime along the coastal path - some great views out over the bay today.
26/10/2012 at 17:08

Hi All,

Thanks for that Wordslinger.

I went out Thursday, thats twice this week (beer), it won't do much for weight. But determined too get back to under 13st in a couple of weeks.

I haven't scared anyone yet, but I bet you all have a story to tell?

26/10/2012 at 20:44
It's the weekend! Yay!

I'm off up north for a couple of days so may not be posting for a while, but I'll try and keep tabs on you all. Not in a scary-psycho-stalker sort of way, you understand...

Off for an 8 miler in the morning first tho. Looks like it's going to be a cold one. Brr.

Stay warm, folks, and keep running!
26/10/2012 at 21:29
Heading down to Dublin tomorrow, haven't been posting in a while cause I've had a pretty negative October and starting to feel like a whiner!

Race plan is to get into a sub 8:50 min per mile groove and keep going until the end, or complete emotional and physical destruction. Will report on Tuesday night probably.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other everyone!
26/10/2012 at 21:40
Very best of luck, JLB - enjoy it and be brilliant!
26/10/2012 at 23:00

Best of luck JLB

Enjoy your weekend away Words

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.