Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,781 to 3,800 of 4,437 messages
31/10/2012 at 05:42

Love this forum

4 years ago I was 12stone 8lbs, old (now 63 - cant do anything about that!!)  got back into running and completed the Snowdonia Marathon last Saturday - my first - in 4hrs 45:52.  Well chuffed.  I now weigh 9st 5lbs and would like to lose another 5.5 lbs, but my hubby says he doesnt like seeing my ribs!  I found an ap for my phone called MyFitnessPal on to which yoiu log absolutely everything is very motivating.  My downfall is WINE and when I drink wine I have to eat cheese!  Smaller portions work, smaller fork, smaller plate.  More exercise.

LLB3 and Smileybob - Well done to do marathons doenst matter about the time - you are way ahead of those who never move at all.

Come midnight NYE I will be ready to register for Snowdon again.

Happy running days one and all

31/10/2012 at 11:54

JLB3 - well done thats amazing  I still cant get my head around even thinking of doing a full mara so dont be too dispondent  like everyone else is saying, its a great achievement that not many can do so be proud   I read your report and can relate to what you said as it happened in my last half mara.  I got to around 9-10 miles and suddenly started walking  I didnt remember thinking about it it just happened.  Then everytime I started up running again it was more and more effort and I noticed my aches more  I am still learning valuable lessons about running and to put them into practice for the next one

Just had my Birthday weekend and October probably being the lowest mileage I have ever run in a month I need to pull my finger out  

Helen - welcome and well done on Snowdon  the hardest mara in the country I am led to believe  do you live that way?  I did Lake Vyrnwy in September

31/10/2012 at 13:06

Helen welcome

31/10/2012 at 16:09

Thanks everyone, lessons certainly learned!

Welcome Helen, well done on the weight loss so far and Snowdonia. Fantastic.

I might do the Belfast City Marathon but I'm undecided, marathons kind of take over your running life and I felt like I was missing out on other running I would have enjoyed because it didn't fit in with my training.  I fancy doing some XC races for the club for instance, and I will have already missed the first 3 races of the season by the time I've recovered from Dublin.  There is a 7 race HM series I quite fancy next year as well.  My immediate goal is Parkrun; I've 3 to go before I get to my 50th Parkrun, and I'd like to shave another 30 seconds or so off my time and get sub 21:00 before I'm 50.  That would mean I would have run my 50th Parkrun 10 minutes quicker than my first.

31/10/2012 at 21:43

JLB3 love the target... 10mins quicker than your first!

31/10/2012 at 23:00
Hurrah. My BMI is now 24.9 down from 37.5 on 21st march.

So that's it 10st5lbs -73lbs in 32 weeks. I've lost just over 33.5% of my bodyweight.

Not sure, but am tempted to try and keep going to get down to 9st 10-12 but will see, this week I want to just stabilise and stay at my target weight.
Steph
01/11/2012 at 03:30

JBL3 great goal hope you hit it i haven't set my self a challenge for next year yet will have to get my thinking cap on

booktrunk well done on hitting your target weight i hope this means we won't lose you on the thread

01/11/2012 at 07:06
Nope gotta keep an eye on it weekly not paranoid but have to keep it under control best way to do that is hang around here
01/11/2012 at 12:32

Great work Booktrunk!  You need to give yourself a big pat on the back, it's so hard to make a complete life change, which you clearly have.  I hit my target weight a while back and have tried to not worry about it too much since then, keep running, keep making sensible choices, the weight looks after itself.   I still step on the scales nearly every moring though, I can't lie!

I had a quick look back at my targets for 2012, target weight 165lbs (I'm 154), running target sub 23 Parkrun (my best is 21:29), not to mention 2 halfs and a full marathon under my belt that weren't even on the radar.  It's been a good year!

01/11/2012 at 21:46
Hi folks.

JLB - great report and given the problems you had with your Garmin I think you did a great job, and you deserve to be proud. The furthest I'd run by last Sept was 10k; this September I ran my first marathon and I still have to pinch myself to make sure it's real. If you're looking at running another one, I'm doing Brighton in April (so's Toby) but I know that's a fair trek for you. And you'll have to get a charity place.

Booktrunk - well done! I'm only a pound or two away from my target, but I know I'll have to keep on top of things if the weight is going to stay off.

Helen - welcome and congrats on Snowdon. Bet that was hard going - I took the Llanberis path up to the top in August and that was tough enough!

Set a new 10k PB today of 52.37 - not bad given it wasn't a flat run and I walked for about 45 seconds whilst I chatted to a friend. My aim is to get below 50 mins by the end of the year.

And you know I'm running 2012km for charity this year? Well, only 187km to go...
02/11/2012 at 07:50
Helen that is awesome

I want to get that skinny for 1 day (so I can fit in Xmas dress) then settle around low tens or high 9's

I apologise for the girlyness of this one post!! It happens every now and then
Edited: 02/11/2012 at 07:51
02/11/2012 at 08:11

Ok so I'm making Friday my weigh in day......

and since last Saturday I've shifted 2lb... so now 222lb

02/11/2012 at 08:40
Congrats smiley bob
03/11/2012 at 15:53
Congrats, Smileybob. Weigh day for me is tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to it due to the meals out and birthday cake consumed this week (youngest turned five. Cake is compulsory.)

11.5 miles today - the first 3 in pouring rain, which certainly woke me up. Then I got even soggier when I came across a puddle. I say puddle, but pool is nearer the mark. About 20ft long, the entire width of the path, and 6 inches deep. Turning around wasn't an option, so I ploughed through it then squelched the last 6 miles.

Hope your running is drier than mine!
05/11/2012 at 16:27

well back from my first weigh in at weight watcher and i lost 6 pounds last week putting me down to 13st 1lb did a 3 mile run again today took just over 27 minutes which i am pleased about as it's the fastest one yet since i got back into training for Boscombe properly

05/11/2012 at 16:39

Wow Toby... 6lbs thats Fantastic Good Luck for Boscombe, you got a target time? Those 6lbs will make a difference!

05/11/2012 at 16:40
Well done Toby, i lost over 5st this year with WW it's hard work pointing everything but it gets a lot easier with practise
05/11/2012 at 16:59

smileybob no not really will probably run with the wife again this year so she will be looking to beat the 1hr 24 she set last year

booktrunk yes i am finding pointing every thing a little difficult also because the portions sizes are that much smaller have had rumble tummy syndrome but hoping as tummy get used to them this will disappear

05/11/2012 at 17:16
Toby: it does, I don't know if you use your weekly points as well as your daily allowance but don't be afraid to use them, they are there to be eaten

I use as many weeklies as I need sometimes 10 sometimes 40 I tract activity points but never actually use them instead of weeklies, it's not an absolute guide but a lazy guide for working out points is 40 calories per point so if you get something in a shop that is for example between 160-200 calories then I would just ballpark call that 5 points, 200-239 6 etc... 80-119 3 points;) it might not be perfect but it's easy and frankly worked for me;) -73 lbs in 32 weeks, this week is my first maintenance week as I am at target so get an extra 6 points a day to go wild with
05/11/2012 at 18:08
Well done smileybob and Toby!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.