Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,801 to 3,820 of 4,437 messages
05/11/2012 at 19:06
Smileybob, Toby - well done! Putting me to shame - I've put on 4lbs in the last two weeks. Hmm - weekends away, birthdays, and half term treats just don't agree with me. Determined to lose the 4 lbs plus another 2 or 3 before Xmas.

Slaps on the wrists from you lot are welcome...
06/11/2012 at 03:53

booktrunk thanks for that have to say for the first time in weeks i feeling positive about losing weight and the good thing to is the wife's on board so were in it together

Word we won't  slap that hard as i wish i only put on 4 pounds mined you i am now wondering how long our sacles have been out and if so have i been heavier than i thought all the time

06/11/2012 at 08:16

I'm in the same boat Word, 4lbs on in the week I ran a blooming marathon!  I think it's the classic over rewarding myself.

06/11/2012 at 20:08

But the rewards are good for us!

Today, things went well. Today, I ran 10k along Swansea Bay at lunchtime but as I set off I thought I'd see how much distance I could cover in 30 minutes. I ended up running the first 5k in a fraction under 25 minutes (for the first time ever) and I ran 6k in 30minutes dead.

That's 50 minute 10k time, and about where I want to be by the end of the year, so it's looking good!

07/11/2012 at 04:25

Word well done on the run

07/11/2012 at 08:46

Wordslinger that's awesome

I'm doing similar i'm trying to stretch how far I can do within an hour, I did 8.6k in 58:41 last weekend so getting a bit faster and slowly upping how far I can go that slightly quicker pace at.

Diet: Well I hit my target last week.  But I must admit i'd now like to have a lower target, but I just want to go steady and just ensure I stay at around this weight as everyone was like wow you look amazing but now you have to try to keep it off.

So ... week 1 of miantenance and I managed to loose around half a poud. I'm 10st 4.3 approx 65.6kg in other words   so i did manage to stay around the same lost a bit but definatly eat more this week then I have been. 

But I have a Xmas party in 3 and a bit weeks, and I've decided i'd love to be able to go to that party at 9st 13.5 or lighter I just want to be able to say see told you I could get down to this sort of weight to everyone that asks so I think i'm going to jump on the old diet train again today and go for it to try to get below 10st as it does seem a magical figure to be below.

So 4.4 lbs to go a nice round 2k to loose in 3 weeks   I jokily told my oh last night i'd just finish early on the day of the party, and run a half marathon and not drink anything then i'd get skinny and get in a rather posh dress i've got myself that I still cannot fit into, and he said yeah... you'd look great sit down at the party have a nibble off food and the dress would explode hehe no sympathy from him then

07/11/2012 at 08:47

JLB: Snap I went up 1lb in my marathon week, only week I gained in my whole diet.

07/11/2012 at 13:34

booktrunk hope you get there i bet you do as you done so amazingly well so far

07/11/2012 at 18:24

Thanks for the pats on the back Toby and Booktrunk!

Slower 10k today but I was running with a friend who's coming down with a heavy cold and found it a struggle to breath. Being able to breath is useful, I've found!

Apart from that, no news! Hope you're all enjoying your runs!

08/11/2012 at 16:42

afternoon ALL

decided to run for 1hr today so did a 30 minute out and 30 minute back covered just over 6 miles in that time

08/11/2012 at 17:00

Just been out for a 7miler...longest I have run since the Hernia operation...and just had a truely remarkable experiance ... tears!..yup...now I am not one normally someone who just has a bit of a weep...but after all the ups and downs with the operation...I did not think I would be able to run as I want again...

Am so happy to be back on the weight loss train again and obviously very pleased to be running...not so sure about the blubbing though!!

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 17:04
08/11/2012 at 17:27

Dave that's great news so pleased for you

09/11/2012 at 14:21

Afternoon all

Just 3 miles for me today was feeling lazy so did a run walk recover run on the treadmill

been a bit better this week with the pro points and have been under most days so  not going to bad at the moment i still have to keep telling myself not to eat for the sake of it

10/11/2012 at 20:11

Dave - fantastic! Welcome back!

Toby - glad the WW seems to be helping.

I've done 40k so far this week, and will be adding about 16k-18k tomorrow. I'm getting close to the end of my charity challenge - I'm running 2,012k in 2012 and have so far funded nearly 10 clean water wells in 10 countries. Hoping to get to 12 in 12! I should finish the 2,012k two weeks tomorrow...

Then I'll take a bit of a breather for a couple of weeks before training for the Brighton Marathon starts!

11/11/2012 at 12:17

well coming to the end of week 2 of W/W and have done better i have actually got so weekly allowance points left this week were as by this time last week all i have left was my daily allowance although up till last night i still had them all

your given a daily allowance mine bening 34 points a weekly allowance or 49 point as back up and you can also earn active points (any form of activity) so if i run for 30 minutes a would earn 3 more pro points

you can set it up so that the active point get used before your weekly points which is what i done this week as i don't see the point in earning  them if i can't use them but  of course the idea is to stay within the daily allowance

which i have to say i have not managed 4 days out of 7 but 3 of those days i was only 2 or 3 points over again Saturday night was the worse being 10 over i got a terrible case of the munches

which did the damage last night but have inproved this week so hopefully next week should be easier again will find out tomorrow if i lost anything when i go down to get weighed

Looks like me and the O/H are going to enter the Llanelli H/M in March instead of Bath this year as our wram up towards brighton this year so that’s another new race to look forward to next year

Edited: 11/11/2012 at 12:32
11/11/2012 at 17:14

Toby - I'll be at Llanelli too - it's my local h/m. We'll have to arrange to meet up in the physical world, not just the virtual world. They've changed the course this year so it takes you through the town as well as along the coastal path (where I do my long, long runs). It's 90%+ flat and you should it enjoy it. (Be warned: it can get quite soggy when the rain blows in off the estuary.)

Well, my 19km run today didn't happen. The simple truth is that my legs are tired and the thought of running for 100 minutes or more really doesn't fill me with enthusiasm at the moment.

Apart from the two weeks in run in April (hamstrings) and the week in August I was laid up with hip pain, I have run four or five times a week, every week this year. (I even ran in the week after the Berlin marathon.) I only have about 127km left to run to complete the 2,012 challenge, so I thought I'd slow down a little.

Rather than trying to cram the last kilometres into the next fortnight, as I'd planned, I'm going to spread them over three weeks, so I should still be finished by the end of November, which then gives me a 10-day break before training for the Brighton Marathon kicks in.

In other news, I've burned about 190,000 calories this year. That's about 463 McDonald's quarter pounders...

Oh, and lost a lb this week.

11/11/2012 at 19:12
Great that your back in the saddle Dave

2012 in 2012 will be a great achievement Words, well done.

Hope you get rewarded on the scales this week Toby

I have scales fear, it's been a boozy, dirty eating weekend. Tomorrows weigh in is set to be a heartbreaker I think. Only my second run since Dublin this morning, did 4.5 miles, was planning a bit more but decided to stop as I felt a growing pain in my knee. Hopefully nothing to worry about.
12/11/2012 at 03:38

Word yes would be nice to meet up will have to arrange something closer to the race

JBL3 hope the knee not to bad and nothing to worry about i know what you mean about scales fear the way things were going i to was afraid to go any where near them hopefully it won't be as bad as you fear and the weight will come off when you start running again

12/11/2012 at 12:16

3.5lbs on, thats 7.5lbs since last weigh in before marathon.  Panic Stations!

12/11/2012 at 12:43

1lb on this week but kind up knew that was going to happen as have been off all week.

Have signed up for WW... want some of that 6lb weight loss Toby had  I get 47 daily points

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.