Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,821 to 3,840 of 4,437 messages
12/11/2012 at 15:49

Afternoon all

Went to W/W this morning down another 4.5lbs so am officially under the 12st mark at 12st 10lbs followed it with a 3 mile run on treadmill as sort of interval session jog 0.5k then turn the treadmill up to as fast as it would go for 0.5k

13/11/2012 at 21:55

Congrats, Toby - good progress!

JLB, Smileybob - it'll go again soon enough. Don't panic! (RIP Clive Dunn...)

10k for me at lunchtime today, 5k tomorrow morning, then a long run to work on Thursday (11 miles). Still, it keeps me off the streets. Oh, wait, that's not right is it?

15/11/2012 at 13:23

Thanks Words, Have had a good week this week so hopefully will be a loss tomorrow.

15/11/2012 at 20:08

Fingers crossed, Smileybob!

I wimped out of a 5k run yesterday morning, mainly because I felt exhausted and really not in the mood for running. Made up for it today though with a 17k run to work. (Car in the garage for an MOT, so no other way of getting to work!) Glad I had a lift home though.

It won't be a good week dietwise because it's my eldest's birthday, which means cake. Actually, cake is probably the tip of the iceberg...

16/11/2012 at 03:27

morning all

well coming to the end of the  week and pro ponits wise did OK managed t stay with in my points allowance 3 days out of 5 and the other 2 i used them all up but did not go over so i have all my active points still in tacked ready for the weekend

running wise just a couple more 3 mile runs had a rest day yesterday and am due to do 5 today but will have to see how i feel after the visit to the dentist lost a filling eating salad would you believe

16/11/2012 at 07:19
Woohoo, 3lb loss, 4lb overall
16/11/2012 at 08:10

Words - You can't live like a monk 24/7 (unless you are in fact a monk) Enjoy!

Toby - WW seems to be working well for you, keep it up.

Smileybob - Well done, remember every 1lb can be 7 sec off you next parkrun!

Unofficially lost a couple of my post-marathon lbs, if (IF) I can behave over the weekend I maybe can get a wee bit closer to 11st again.

16/11/2012 at 10:02

smiley bob well done to you on the weight loss

JBL3 i know what you mean about behaving your self over the weekend it's been my down fall more times than i cear to remember

17/11/2012 at 08:45

No, I'm not a monk, JLB, I got rid of the habit... ba-dum-tish Congrats on the weight loss, and to Smileybob and Toby too. Great work.

18k run for me this morning, in about 1 hr 45, so reasonably happy with that. Call me mascochistic but I do enjoy getting up early for a run. I was up at 6am today, left the house about 6.25 and got back about 8.10 - with the rest of my family still in bed asleep. I think I can hear them stirring now though! Rest day tomorrow and Monday, then back to it Tuesday.

May chicken out of weigh day tomorrow, though, given the mountain of cake I've consumed this week.

18/11/2012 at 11:46

Good morining all,

Toby, JLB3 and Smileybob - well done to you all on your weight loss.

Words - Get on those scales man! In the last few days you've run 45k so I wouldn't have though too much cake would hurt.

12 miles for me this morning, it was pretty chilly to start with but once the sun came up it was a beautiful morning. Part of my run was through our local country park, it was closed to cars but as there are many kissing gates I was able to get in through one of them and have the park to myself! Is it me or is running through fallen leaves very enjoyable? the colours of the trees at this time of the year are also fantastic.

Have a good day all.

19/11/2012 at 04:13

morning all

well looks like there some good mileage being clocked up

I should be tapering down this week but may just keep it were it was last week (need all the extra Pro points i can have for the weekend) which was  3miles Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday and a 5 miler which i would have do on Thursday as me and O/H of to Bournemouth on Friday just don't tell O/H about the extra runs

or i be in trouble

off to W/W later today not expecting to have lost as much as i have done for the past 2 weeks as i got down to the dreaded 12st 4lb mark by my scales this is were i noramally stick and have trouble getting lower 

so if i lose a couple of lbs will be happy that will take me from 12st 10.5 lbs down to 12st 8.5lbs which would mean i lost nearly a stone in weight but will have to wait and see

19/11/2012 at 10:31

Sorry guys I am still about but I only get on here when at work and I have been so busy

Running as much as I can but no great mileage  loving the colder weather for running though  still not lost any more lbs  but not put on

I can see your all doing great and I will catch up with you soon

19/11/2012 at 11:19

Booey lovely to hear from you glad your still running any mileage is good mileage and as you say even though you haven't lost any more you haven't put any on which is always a good thing  

19/11/2012 at 16:27

well went to W/W lost another 4lbs this week so am now 12st 6.5 lbs for a total weight loss sinice joining of 1st 0.5 lbs

20/11/2012 at 15:21

Congrats Toby, pat yourself on the back,and keep it up!

Knee is still bothering me, feel like I am back at square one running wise.  Can only really do 20-25 minutes in comfort.

22/11/2012 at 04:04

morning all

running wises this week did 3 mile Monday on the treadmill Tuesday to my shame could be bothered to run at all so had a rest day yesterday felt guilty about not running Tuesday so did 6 miles to make up for it will try to do 5 today but haven't decided whether to go out or do them on the treadmill as a recover run will wait to see what the weathers like

JBL3 hope the knee recover soon

22/11/2012 at 18:45

Great news, Toby - fantastic!

Booey - well hello! Hope all's well; glad you're still enjoying the runs.

JLB - hope the knee recovers soon. It's disconcerting how a niggling injury puts you out of sorts isn't it?

Gary - I got on the scales and had lost 2lbs. Cake - it's my new fad diet! I agree about the colour of the trees - this is always my favourite part of the year.

17km run to work this morning, then a day of sitting behind a desk. Legs=stiff now...

Catch up with y'all soon!

23/11/2012 at 04:13

morning all

well to my shame never got out or stayed in for a run yesterday never slept well and had a bad case of CBA won't run again now till Sunday that's if it dosn't get washed out with all this rain we've had

24/11/2012 at 08:25

Morning all, and welcome to the weekend!

10k done and dusted, at a nice conversational pace. Bit chilly though.

Hope you're all well and looking forward to your weekend runs. Have fun!

25/11/2012 at 17:24

So, how does this work.

Last week: ate cake, lost 2lbs

This week: didn't eat cake, put on 2lbs

confused dot com.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.