Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,841 to 3,860 of 4,437 messages
25/11/2012 at 22:06

off to W/W tomorrow not shore about the weight loss this week as we’ve been away for the weekend and tracking the points was easy so will have to see Boscombe went ok and although it rained all of Saturday Sunday started dry and for a moment thought we were going to keep dry not to be got to the last mile and a half and empted down we were last to finish by a long way and according to my Garmin we took 1:24:36 but the run felt faster than that so will wait for the official time to be posted

26/11/2012 at 13:40

well back from W/W not so good this week just a half pound loss but as we went away for the weekend not bad i suppose

26/11/2012 at 19:44

Still a good result, Toby - especially when you add it to the other pounds you lost recently!

Running on a Monday? That hasn't happened in a while. (Monday has been a rest day for months!) My diary for the week is looking pretty congested, which means lunchtime runs are mostly out, and I'm getting a little tired (forgive the pun) of getting up at 6am to run before work. That doesn't mean I won't, just that I may only do it the once this week! Anyway, that's why I ended up running 10k this evening after work - it made for a pleasant change at any rate.

28/11/2012 at 03:49

Morning all

Have decided to start my Brighton training a little early so am going to repeat the week 1 training schedule for a couple of week not going to stick to it religiously but need to build the mileage up a bit before the training plan starts in earnest

So did 5 miles yesterday should do 6 today but as i did 6 Sunday may just do the other 5 miles so i can have a rest day Thursday before the 10 on Friday

28/11/2012 at 12:24

I've decided to not run at all during December, hopefully that will give me knee time to recover properly.  I think I have ITBS, and apparently strapping the knee is very effective, so a bit of swimming, ibruprofen, and knee strapping should have me back in the game in January.

God only knows what weight I'll be by then, it was my BDay yesterday and I'm away to Amsterdam for the weekend with the boys.  Not even going to look at the scales for a while!

Still putting in the good miles Words, I doff my cap to you. 

A loss is a loss Toby, you won't lose 2-3 every week!  Keep it up.

28/11/2012 at 13:47

I lost 3 stone in 3 months and then stopped losing weight for ages. Well I have started losing weight again. I know I stopped losing weight because once the euphoria of losing 3 stone had worn off i stopped being disciplined with my eating. I continue to run, more in fact, but the weight loss stopped.

This has all been turned around now. I am using a free tool on my iphone called myfitnesspal. If you don't have a smartphone they have a free website too. The phone just makes it easy though because you can scan the barcode on most items that are shop bought and it knows the calories etc. 

Honestly - this app/site has changed my life. I can't imagine life without it now. Amazing. Can't believe it is free.

I am now down to just over 12 stone (from 16). I want to get to 11-11.5 and for the first time in years feel it is achievable. I'm not even starving myself! It's also motivating for your runs as your runs buy you more calories so you can eat more chocolate hobnobs  

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 13:48
29/11/2012 at 04:37

Khanivore welcome to the thread and well done on the weight loss the a great achievement

JBL3 sounds like a good plan hopefully the weigh won't be to bad keep posting though

Edited: 29/11/2012 at 04:41
30/11/2012 at 12:23

Santa run this sunday, 5 miles  will try and post a pic of me and sis looking stupid haha

Have a good weekend

02/12/2012 at 11:12

morning all

well the 10 miler never happened combination of hard week at work (4 x 12 hour shifts) and daughter being down for the weekend and it being the first time I've seen her since September and wanting to spend some time with her

the whole family's off in a minute for the Santa's on the run fun run it's only a 1.5 miles but a lot of fun as I've said before

02/12/2012 at 16:04

Khanivore - great result! Well done.

I've lost another pound, which I think takes me to a stone off for the year. I'd like to lose another couple of pounds and then I'll be happy, I think.

So, marathon training for Brighton starts a week tomorrow - really looking forward to getting stuck in. Looks like there's been some good training going all ready, judging by the thread. I've been taking is easy for a couple of weeks - still running, just not long distances. The furthest I've run this week is 13km, and my 5km this morning finally brought up the 2,012km target!

Yup, I've now run 2,012km in 2012, raising over £6k for 12 clean water wells in 12 countries. (Forgive me for being smug just this once!)

03/12/2012 at 03:16

well it's W/W day to day don't know about the weight loss as some times i fee l as if i have lost some weight and some times i don't so will have to weight and see

Word be as smug as you like great achievement

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 03:19
03/12/2012 at 16:04

well went to W/W today down another 5lbs making me 12st 1lb would you believe it the leaders a bit concerned that i am losing weight to fast and has told me to eat a little more

04/12/2012 at 07:17

Morning all

Just a flying visit, have been out for a week with a calf strain, am going to try a little plod on the treadmill at lunchtime.

Kharnivore - Well done on your weight loss, you sound similar to me. 3 stones lost in a fairly reasonable time but having trouble shifting the last one!

Toby - Well done on your weight loss, as your leader says don't undereat.

Words - Fantastic effort in achieving your 2,012 km. Do you have a justgiving page?

Booey - Hope The Santa run went well

JLB3 - Hope the rest sorts out the injury, just be careful out there! 

(Edited for carp typing!)

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 07:27
04/12/2012 at 17:20

afternoon all

6 miles for me today have to say struggled all the way around ending up with splits raganeing from 9:05 to 11:05 so not the best run ever but got plenty of activity points out of it so there's a plus

05/12/2012 at 13:54

Taking a few days off from running, but will pop out for a 10k tomorrow or Friday, I think. I'm also trying to be good diet-wise, but I'm not hopeful of a great result on the scales come Sunday.

Thanks for all the positive words re my 2012km challenge - Gary, I do have a JG page but I'm not going to put put a link on the thread because you lot have supported me for the last year and I'm not about to repay you with pleas for sponsorship. Just take it as read that I'm grateful to you all for your support and encouragement along the way!

05/12/2012 at 14:28

afternoon all

well 5 miles for me to day cold but sunny with a bit of a head wind heading out Brighton training starts in earnest next week so really must get out for some thing longer than a 6 mile run this week just to make shore i can still do it

07/12/2012 at 09:34

Words - Amazing acheivement!

Now that I'm injured it's opened up a whole new world of things to spend more money on. Joy!  Foam roller and Leukotape in the shopping basket.

07/12/2012 at 16:36

Well finally got out for that 10 mile run i been saying i must do no idea of the time as the Battery in my Garmin went flat just after i started i knew it was low as it had flashed up a warning when i turned it on but was hoping it would last

Doesn’t really matter as i had already decided to keep the pace slow any way and this paid off as i didn’t really struggle too much which was a surprise after yesterdays run well Brighton training kicks off officially next week so the runs will be getting longer

10/12/2012 at 15:41

Been quiet on here lately, hasn't it? Maybe it's a question of people getting in the festive spirit and saying sod the diet until the New Year. Or is that just me?

JLB - Hope you recover soon. Let us know how you get on with the foam roller!

Toby - my Brighton plan starts this week. It's an 18-week plan, with 3miles tomorrow, 5 Weds, 3 Thurs, 5 Sat and 10 Sunday. Bring it on!

The only fly in the ointment is that I have to have an operation on my leg to remove a non-serious blood clot in January, which is going to impact on marathon training but hopefully won't put me out of action for too long!

10/12/2012 at 16:56

Afternoon all

well back from W/W done 2.5lbs this week which is pleasing considering what i packed away at the wife's firms Christmas party so i am now officially under the 12st mark weighing in at 11st 12.5 lbs for a total weight loss since i joined of 1st 8.5 lbs

well it was my first official training run for Brighton today my week 1 should have been 5 Tuesday 6 Wednesday 5 Thursday and 10 on Sunday but will do what i have done for the last couple of years and swap the days so the runs are done Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with the two longest runs done on a Monday and Friday (MWLR done on a Monday and the LSR done on a Friday) were possible

So today was 6 miles for me which took just over an hour and looking back is about the same as last year at this point so looking good for those29 seconds

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.