Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,861 to 3,880 of 4,437 messages
11/12/2012 at 11:03

Got my first run of the Brighton plan in today, just a gentle, sub-zero three miler in the dark to break me in gently... Enjoyed it though!

11/12/2012 at 12:15

Word glad the run went well

11/12/2012 at 12:43

Hi all.....this is my first post on this forum thread.

I'm looking at doing a Spring Marathon next year and have set a goal of losing at least 10-14lbs before it. I'm currently 162lbs (5ft 7") and have ran a few marathons this year....but to get anywhere near my goal of 3hrs 30mins, then my diet has to improve.

I hope you don't mind me joining you here? It could be the motivation I'm missing!

12/12/2012 at 05:49

shady welcome to the thread which spring marathon are you doing both myself and Words are just starting our training towards the Brighton marathon next year this will be my 4 time running it have to say though your target time is a lot faster than mind

i am aiming to knock 29 second off of last years time as i missed going sub 4 hours by 28 seconds and like you have promised every year to get down to the 11st mark have to say haven't even got close to this how ever i did join Weight Watcher about 5 or 6 weeks ago and have now lost 1st 8lbs so far

so 11st for this years race is looking good at the moment

12/12/2012 at 11:17

Hi guys I am still around just no time to get on here  hope your all doing good

I am running as much as poss, had a quick run round the village streets in the very thick fog last night

Looking forward to finishing on the 21st and doing lots of running over Xmas  I have no major plans so plenty of time to do it  and also need to step up training for Silverstone HM and a PB hopefully  also shifting a few pounds in the NY should help

Toby - you have lost an amazing amount of weight - well done  no wonder ww are telling you you need to eat

Will be back before Xmas to catch up with you all

Boo x

12/12/2012 at 12:30

Booy have a great Christmas hope you get lots of running in

12/12/2012 at 22:43

Hi Toby. At the moment I'm looking at doing one end of March, start of April, although I haven't decided just yet which one I'll be doing. Rome looks nice, but is probably a bit too early. Richmond Park Marathon is also a goer, but this is late Spring, so would give me more time to train for. I would prefer an April Marathon though.

That's an impressive amount of weight you have lost. I know it's not the best time to start it, but I'm rationing myself off deserts at the moment......I think it's breaking that sugar addiction......not the best thing to be doing when theres mince pies all around the office!

I think if you carry on at this rate you wont have any trouble getting to 11st. For me its only 1lb a week, which should be doable. I'd like to see some research to see what correlation there is to quicker times and weight loss, and what each lb of weight loss equals in seconds faster.

Good luck on getting those 29 secs off your time.

15/12/2012 at 19:03

Evening all

Busy week in work this week the other supervisor was out on holiday so have been in at 4.30pm all week and not finishing before 4.30am and all culminating in a 13.5 hour shift on Thursday so all though i did 5 miles on Tuesday outside and a 5 mile run on the treadmill Wednesday Fridays 10 mile run never happened

So went out with the wife today for the 10 mile run today weather was cold and got wet at one point when it poured down but all went well until about mile 8.5 when the wife had her first taste of hitting the wall so we walked the last mile now home sat in front of the television with our feet up

16/12/2012 at 15:19

Hello again.

Welcome, Shady, and welcome back Booey!

Toby - it's never fun running in the cold and the wet! Hope you've warmed up by now!

First week of marathon training all done and dusted, including a satsifying 10-miler. My current PB is 4:21:38, so I've a huge amount to do if I want to break 4 hours. Plenty of effort required!

17/12/2012 at 01:40
Well done word.

I've been and am out of running action for a while, finding it hard work to keep the weight down with Crimbo Parties and no running but still below my target weight so that's ok I guess
17/12/2012 at 01:41
Wow Toby well done on the diet front
17/12/2012 at 03:23

off to W/W again today got the feeling Iv'e plateaued and hav en't lost any thing this week as our scales are reading the same as they did last Monday but will wait and see my get a nice surprise or on the other hand a nasty shock

Booktrunk thanks  hope your not out of action for to long

18/12/2012 at 16:42

Hi all

good to see weight loss and running going on. Unfortunately my running year is over. I went for a run on Sunday but my calf went again after 3 1/2 miles. Have booked to see the physio on 3rd January so no exercise between now and then. Just have to hope that the alcohol piggy doesn't run amok in that time!

19/12/2012 at 03:58

went to W/W on Monday done another 3lbs so now 11st 9lbs the group leader is still concerned I'm losing weight to fast so she up my pro point allowances to 32 as every time i lost it would drop so i started at 35 and was down to 31

Running wise week 2 of the Brighton training saw me do 7 on Monday and 5 yesterday have 5 to do today and 12 on Friday but if it's any thing like the last 2 years it never got done

Good King sorry to hear about the calf hope it's not to bad and hope you keep the alcohol piggy at bay

19/12/2012 at 09:13

Toby that is brilliant.  I had weeks where I lost a bit to much it's the running it helps soooo much   Remember if you are loosing a bit to much just use more weeklies.

So weight... 10 stone 0.6 lbs this morning so happy.  .7 away from the dreamland of saying i'm 9st x when i was 15st 8 in March I never dreamed I would be saying something like this, or dreamed of saying i've ran a marathon.  What a year   I think i'm going to be naughty over Xmas and just accept whatever weight I am when I first step on the scales after the new year that it would have been worth it and go from there

19/12/2012 at 12:28

booktrunk that an amazing weight loss sounds like you've had a fantastic year and what a journey

19/12/2012 at 15:05

Thanks Toby yes it's been a good 'un.

With regards to WW if you are in a hurry the ball park figure a lot of us on the WW forums use is 40 calories = 1 point, so if your out and about and want to grab something and know it's points value round it up to the next 40 calory mark and use that for it's value so 161-200 calories = 5 points, 81-120 = 3 points and so on   Which on 32 points a days has you eating about 1280 calories plus of course as much free fruit and veg as you want and a portion of your weekly points.  so if you split that evenly 7 a day = would be around 1560 calories a day plus fruit n veg You actually seem on about the abolute minimum points for a bloke as they as far as i understood always had +6 or so points compared to a girl on WW and the WW minimum is 26 points a day which is what i was on till i hit my target and in maintenance mode just to maintain my weight, i'm given an extra 6 points a day so upto the same as you at the moment 32 + weeklies.

19/12/2012 at 21:38
Just been reading the latest magazine as I forgot I had it.

Hummm bugger according to it's perfect running weight I need to loose another stone!
20/12/2012 at 03:20

Booktrunk thanks for that i don't think there such a thing as the perfect running weight after all were all different shapes and sizes

20/12/2012 at 08:42

Hi all,

Well done Toby3 on the weight loss you will get the sub 4hr next year at Brighton, I am misisng not entering it abit, but have got Pitsford in March and Milton Keynes in May, and having a crack at 100 miler in August, so started training already.

Have a Happy Christmas and New Year

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.