Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,881 to 3,900 of 4,437 messages
20/12/2012 at 10:55

I've been in hiding away selfishly avoiding my club and the forums because I didn't have the stomach to be around running when I coudn't get out myself due to injury. 

I'm back now, because I was able to do 4.1 miles last night, pain free.  I have no shame!  I've been resting up, worked out an appropriate warm-up\down routine, taped up the knee, and fingers crossed it seems to have worked.  Foam roller is really painful by the way, ouchy.

Toby - congrats on the continued weighloss, you'll be a different man by the time you hit the startline for brighton.

Booktrunk - Big well done for all you efforts!

Will try not to be a stranger!

21/12/2012 at 14:00
Hurrah!!!!

I did it, on the scales this morning 63.5kg 9st 13.7lbs I'm below 10!!! I can say I weight 9 stone something, bloody awesome,

I'm now not going to look at the scales until the 2nd of January and I'm hoping that the number begins with 10 not 11!! but, I don't really care, I will be able to start running again gently in the new year, whatever I weigh, I know now that I can get into the 9s and will get their again after my Xmas excesses

I'm eating in diet mode for the rest of today and then that's it

Steph x
Edited: 21/12/2012 at 14:03
21/12/2012 at 16:45

Afternoon all

Well i actually got the 12 miles done today it will be the first time in 2 years i won’t be going into Christmas a long run behind well i say 12 i slight miss remembrance on how far the route i ran was and it turned out to be just under 13 it clocked up as 12.93 miles and the whole run took 2:08:48 giving me a pace 9:58m/m so the weight loss is paying off already as looking at last year’s run the time is the same but that was barely over the 12 mile mark

Spen great to hear from you sounds like you got a busy year ahead of you next year good luck with the 100 mile run

JBL3 know what you mean the last thing you want to do is be around runners when you can’t get out there yourself it just makes it just that more frustrating glad everything is Ok now and your resting up sensible  did the trick

Book trunk well done you on getting under that magic 10st mark enjoy your Christmas

26/12/2012 at 15:30

Afternoon all

Hope you all had a happy Christmas running wise went out Christmas Eve and did 5 miles with the O/H and decided to get my LSR out of the way today which should have been 14 for me which turned into 16 miles the O/H had 3 to do so we started off together and did the first 2.5 miles and when she headed for home i carried on

got drenched a couple of times when it hammered down but the nice water proof  jacket the O/H bought me for Christmas kept me nice and warm so all i have left week 3 is a 5 and a 8 mile run

26/12/2012 at 17:51
Hello everyone, and happy Christmas! Sorry I've been quiet lately, mainly because I don't seem to have found five minutes to myself in ages!

Hope your Christmas is going well and that you've enjoyed letting off steam for a day or so.

JLB - glad to hear you're on the mend. Fingers crossed it continues!
Booktrunk - great work - what a great Xmas present to yourself!

I've been getting my runs in - 6 miles Saturday, 11 Sunday, then missed Xmas eve and yesterday, and another 6 miles today. Really not going to look at the scales until the New Year now, especially I've a birthday coming up before January...

Take care all!
28/12/2012 at 13:15

Morning all

No running yesterday as had to take the daughter back to Leicester so 5 hours driving just about wiped me out did manage to get out today should have been 5  as i  was out decided to run into work to find out what i was coming into on Tuesday

i took the long way home as i didn't fancy running up the last hill the run turn out to be just over 7 ¼ miles out again tomorrow with the O/H for an 8 mile run as she has a 3 & 5 left of her week 1 training for Brighton she should have done the 3 last night but had a hard day at work and was late home never got around to it so has add the 2 runs together

i have my first weigh in after Christmas on Monday as there was no W/W meeting on Christmas eve

29/12/2012 at 15:13

Afternoon all

well 8 very wet and soggy miles done today O/H didn't enjoy it much as she had never been out when it was raining quite so heavily and despite dressing warmly got were wet and cold but all credit to her she stuck it out and we completed the run in just over 2 hours which looking back was 22 minutes faster than the last time we did a run of that length together

31/12/2012 at 17:34

Afternoon all

Well went to my first weigh in after Christmas at weight watcher must say got on the scales with some trepidation as in past years the weight has piled on but had a nice shock as i had lost another 3lbs which makes a grand total of 2st 1lb since i joined

Followed that by going out for a run got a bit carried away and ended up doing 20 miles took me 3:22:09 which is 10:01 m/m so not to bad for a first run of that distance and i managed to run all of it which was pleasing as in previous years i hit the wall at 17 miles and had to walk and last year i used a run walk to do the first one

Curly see from your post you’re from Bristol as well

01/01/2013 at 17:19

Happy New Year everyone! I've been in hiding over the last few weeks I think - too much food and not enough running. Have managed a few runs though, mostly 10ks but a couple of longer runs in there too.

30th Dec was my birthday so I "treated" myself to a 7 miler in the rain, with hills, and sprints...

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year, and that 2013 brings you great runs, pain free running, and new PBs.

(Weigh day next week I think...)

02/01/2013 at 15:05

Afternoon all

well first run of 2013 done i did  10 miles so that’s 5 for today and the 5 i should have done tomorrow which means i can have a rest day now before i do the 8 on Friday hopefully next week i will be able to get back into a more normal routine and spread the runs out more evenly over the week

Edited: 02/01/2013 at 15:06
02/01/2013 at 15:11

Hi all Happy New Year, I hope you had a good Xmas, and eating and drinking abit too much is not too bad and a good incentive to get out and run.

Tpoby3 well done another 3lbs, congrats. The 100 miler is going to be a real challenge, but got till August to get fit, although my first marathon is in 8 weeks. My training has been all over the place over xmas but got an 18 miler in, so starting back with strict plan from tomorrow.

Good luck everyone on your running and weight loss for 2013, take care

02/01/2013 at 15:18

Spen nice to hear from you glad all is well and hope the training goes to plan

02/01/2013 at 15:55

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all and trust you all had a great Chrimbo

Toby you are doing so well  well done

Steph - and a big well done to you getting under the 10  you have no idea how jealous I am  something I have been wanting to do for a while.  I got down to around 10'2 when I first lost the weight from starting running and maintained it ok  but over xmas I have put on 5lb and I have so annoyed  I am more determined now to really push on and run more and shift the weight before I do Silverstone HM in a couple of months.  Like you, I just want the scales to say 9 something

I did run over Xmas but the weather and floods really held me back  hopefully they are subsiding abit now though

Got a few races I want to do over the coming 2 months so I will crack on and see what I can do

03/01/2013 at 09:07

Happy New Year everyone.

Toby - Amazing, especially after Christmas period.

Booktrunk - I hope you stayed in the 9's after Xmas

Spen - I hope Mara trainig goes well from here on.

Words - I've been in hiding too, watching the scales head in the wrong direction lol

Boo - I hope the weather improves and you can get back on the road ASAP.

I've put on 8.5lbs over Xmas , and I am just a slither under a stone heavier than I was when I ran Dublin at end of Oct .  I have started getting my eating discaplin back as of yesterday; I really hope it's a case of easy on easy off!  Managed to do a couple of runs over the festive period, the longest being about 4 miles.  My knee has been OK but my muscles always feel on the verge of cramp?  Useless body!

Here's to a great 2013, if I can get healthy, I'm gunning for sub 20 5k, my dream goal for 2013 is sub 40 10k.

03/01/2013 at 09:11

JLB3 - take it slow with the injury, some fast targets there for this year good luck. I am sure the weight will come off, it always takes longer to get off than it goes on, and not as much fun.

take care everyone

03/01/2013 at 11:19

JBL3 - glad to hear your knees ok I'm shore your get the weight off Ok

03/01/2013 at 16:27

I have always been 'overweight' but decided to really do soemthing about it. I was down to 17 stone in October having lost about 1 and a half but put it all back on again following an injury and time off. Shocked myself on 31st Dec when I weighed 18 stone 12 (120Kg). Started back on the 1st and joint a weight club next week. If I eat sensibly and exercise then I am hoping to be 16 stone 7 by my wedding in June. At that weight I know my moobs have gone and I have a much flatter stomach, will be glad to tell you my progress over the next few months.

04/01/2013 at 04:37

Ian welcome to the thread yes do keep us updated on how thing are going i joined Weight Watcher about 10 weeks ago and have drop 2st 1lb in that time so weight clubs do work

04/01/2013 at 08:42

Well I think I have lost 2lb so far  actually got back to running club last night and loved it

Ian - welcome to the thread and yes keep us informed how it goes, I am sure you can do it

JLB - take it steady with the injury.  Everything else I am sure you can do  you always do well when you put your mind to it

04/01/2013 at 15:37

Afternoon all

well week 4 completed with an 8 mile run taking 1:16:23 giving me 9:16 m/m so dead chuffed

Booey well done on the 2lb gerat start

Edited: 04/01/2013 at 15:38
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.