Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,901 to 3,920 of 4,437 messages
06/01/2013 at 19:41

Hi all, and a happy new year to each of you. Lots of good running and weight loss going on here. I have been a bad bad boy over the Christmas period and have put on 10lbs! This wasn't helped by the fact that I'm still injured, I managed to get to the physio and she confirmed that I have indeed pulled my calf. The good news is that I can start running again at the end of this week and can ride the exercise bike between now and then.

Keep well all.

07/01/2013 at 04:25

Morning all

well the start of week 5 has me doing 4, 8, 5 and what should have been my first 20 miler but will play it by ear this week as i suspect I'm coming down with a sore throat and a cold so will have to see how I'm feeling by the end of the week next week however will be a step back week as regards to long run with a 13 plan for Friday week

Of to W/W again today so will let you know how i get on in due course then out for a run when i get back will try the 8 milers but will have to see how it goes and how i'am feeling

Gary great news about the being able to run at the end of the week hope the calf heals quickly for you and i'm shore your lose the weight no problem

07/01/2013 at 11:19

Ian - welcome to the thread. I've lost 4 stone 7lbs since I started running (some in 2009, then gave up for a bit, restarted in 2011). I reckon I could do with losing another half stone max, although it could just be a case of toning up more than shedding lbs. You'll find this thread supportive and we don't take things tooooo seriously.

Gary - hope the calf heals soon.

Been away "up north" for a few days so haven't managed any runs, but looking forward to getting back into it tomorrow. I'm going to plan a proper fitness (ie not just running) schedule today so that I can build in some cross-training, weights and toning each week. Gulp.

Hope you're all well.

07/01/2013 at 11:28

well bad from W/W got a kick up the bum today and shaken out of my complacency as i was up 1lb still means I've lost 2 stone but will have to be more careful what i eat though

07/01/2013 at 12:32

Well my NY has started well and I have run 22 miles in the first few days  weight only 1lb off but am sure I will start seeing the results soon

Toby - only 1lb  dont be so hard on yourself you have done amazing

07/01/2013 at 14:33

Forgot to give you this voucher code for Sweatshop:

TGHJNY

£10 off until 11th Jan, I have purchased a pair of Asics for £36

Its well worth using if your after something at the minute because you can use on top of sale prices

08/01/2013 at 05:03

morning all

well got out and did 8 miles yesterday took me 1:17:28 so again pleased with that as i wasn't feeling one hundred % having said that not feeling a lot better to day so my just do a couple of recovery runs on the treadmill and then see how i feel Friday before attempting the 20

08/01/2013 at 13:30

lost over a stone recently and now joined the gym so hitting the cross trainer several times aweek. Hopefully this will be the year of getting to my goal!

08/01/2013 at 19:35

Thanks, Booey - I'll have a browse!

Paul T - congrats on the weight loss; what's your goal (running and weight-wise)?

Toby - my first 20 miler isn't for a couple of weeks but I'm thinking of going for it sooner and putting an extra couple of looooong runs into the schedule.

Did 5 miles in the rain today. 6 planned for tomorrow morning, another 5 Thursday, 6 Saturday, and 14 on Sunday. Weight-wise, I'm not looking at the scales until Sunday...

09/01/2013 at 06:15

Morning all

well did a gentle run 5 mile run walk on the treadmill yesterday as th dreaded lurgy doesn’t seem to be abating must admit i did drag the treadmill into the living room from the garage sio i was nice and warm will do the same today with the 4

Word i didn't plan last week’s 20 just got to fancying seeing whether i could and the extra Pro-points i got help towards new years party we were having but must say i have increased the number of runs of that length or over form 2 the first year to 5 last year

09/01/2013 at 06:16

Morning all

well did a gentle run 5 mile run walk on the treadmill yesterday as th dreaded lurgy doesn’t seem to be abating must admit i did drag the treadmill into the living room from the garage so i was nice and warm will do the same today with the 4

Word i didn't plan last week’s 20 just got to fancying seeing whether i could and the extra Pro-points i got help towards new years party we were having but must say i have increased the number of runs of that length or over form 2 the first year to 5 last year

09/01/2013 at 09:34

Club run in the rain last night, about 5 miles  felt good though and enjoyed it......I could be on for a record mileage for me this month if I keep this up

09/01/2013 at 21:44

Woo hoo, managed my first run without injury since the end of November today. It was only 4km on the treadmill but it's a start. Hopefully I'll be back up and running normally in the next week or so, I can't wait to get back outside.

10/01/2013 at 05:27

morning all

well only managed 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday rest day today and then will have to see how i feel Friday before i deiced what to do about the 20 could always do the 13 this week and the 20 next i surpose

Gary thats great news

10/01/2013 at 13:40

Random thought of the day

i have to say i am glad i discovered the delights that are running tights i used to go out in a thick-is pair of jogging bottoms which was alright until it rain then they got very heavy but running tights keep your legs so nice and warm and do seem to be remarkable water proof considering how thin they are they’ve been a revelation

my collation has gone from 1 lonely pair with a yellow stripes on them to 2 pairs with yellow stripes and 2 with blue stripes to now i had a yellow jacket but no blue and O/H always seem to be able to colure coordinate herself if she was wearing her red pair she wore her red jacket if she wore her yellow pair she wore her yellow jacket

So being the sad person i am i dropped a load of hints before Christmas that i needed a Blue running jacket to go with my blue pairs well i say dropped it was more like beat her over the head with a bit of 4 by 2 bit of wood kind of hinting which paid off as O/H must have got fed up with me going on about it and bought me a lovely blue jacket

10/01/2013 at 14:57

Gary - thats excellent well done

Toby - women are good at colour coordination

Club run all being well tonight, as long as the girlies are going

11/01/2013 at 13:27

Afternoon all

have deiced to rest to day and do the run tomorrow the fact i only just got up has also played part in that decision as it would take me 3 hrs + to complete the run feeling fit and and well so probably more like 4 today and so by the time i got out the  door and got back it would be to late as we have to go out tonight

14/01/2013 at 04:04

Morning all

well off to weight watchers later hoping for a better result than last week but will have to wait and see then 8 miles to do afterwards had a very light shower of snow in the early hours but nothing to write home about and has now stopped so that’s good have in past years training for Brighton had to result to using the treadmill for some of my training runs when the snow or ice has made it to doggy to go out

14/01/2013 at 08:15

Hi all, great run in the snow this morning, trail shoes on for extra grip, managed 7 miles in mostly fresh snow, every where seems so fresh and clean when it has snowed, lets hopw we dont get too much though.

14/01/2013 at 09:09

Not been doing a huge amount of running. Twisted my knee when I did a 12k a week ago, spent a couple of days in bed last week being sick as well, then had no weekend as fixing stuff for work, blurgh.  Managed to fit in a 5k yesterday not a lot I know, but better than nothing, knee actually started to ache again in the last km, so think i need to rest it a bit more.

Weight is fine hovering around 10st 3.5lbs this morning.  on WeightWatchers website it says you should hover around -2 to +2 lbs of your target weight.  Which is where I am now -2.5lbs but I must admit i want to stop being lazy and try to get into the 9 stone x camp as a new target now that I really should be over my Xmas hangover.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.