Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,921 to 3,940 of 4,437 messages
14/01/2013 at 10:42

Morning everyone!  New to running and runners world.  I stopped smoking last year and gained over 2 stone, 34lb to be exact. So new year, new me. Ive set a few challanges this year and 1 is to be able to run and the other is to get back to my usual weight.

Look forward to reading all your progress.

14/01/2013 at 11:12

Booktrunk - your doing better than me  I am running loads but cant seem to shift any weight at the moment  made no impact on the 5lb I put on at chrimbo

Its snowing heavy here at the moment 11am  (Northampton)  I hate it

14/01/2013 at 13:41

Hi Booey are you doing the Pitsford Marathon in March as I think you must live near there.

I managed a 20 miler on the treadmill saturday, 3hrs 20mins, it was abit boring but two episodes of marathontalk helped.

managed to only put on 4lbs over Xmas, and managed to stay the same last week, so it should start coming off this week.

take care everyone

14/01/2013 at 14:15

Afternoon all

went to weight watchers this morning and glad to report back on track lost another 3lb putting me at 11st 04lbs a total of 2st 3lbs since i joined have been set a goal weight of 10st 13bls by the lady running it so just another 5bls to go

When i got home went out for an 8 mile run the time on the Garmin was 1:17:29 but that with having to stop and mess about with my iPod when you look at the moving time it shows 1:14:44 which is 2 minutes faster than last week so really pleased

Spen good for you getting out there I’m too much of a cowered and stay indoors when it the snows on the ground

Booktrunk sorry to read you been in the wars hope the knee sorts it’s self out

Big mama welcome to are happy band of losers also look forward to hearing how you’re doing as well

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 14:16
15/01/2013 at 10:14

Hello again.

Struggling to find the time to post on the threads at the moment, but I am getting the runs in! 14 miles on Sunday was the longest I've run since the Berlin Marathon in September, so it felt a little tough. Enjoyed it though - and the crisp, sunny morning helped!

Braved the scales on Sunday. Let's just say I need to lose a nice round stone now... Ooops.

15/01/2013 at 14:33

Spen - heard about Pitsford Mara but its the same day as Silverstone Half  I found it abit odd they would do it that day as everyone who lives in the area does Silverstone but there you go

I cant even begin to imagine doing 20 miles on the treadmill  I get so bored and struggle beyond 30-40 minutes

Words - hehe I know the feeling re the weight  and its so annoying that I am running so much and the weight is not going

15/01/2013 at 14:58

Booey - Pitsford should be good hopefully local to me and cheap, so a training run with company. 20 miles on the treadmill was a challenge, but listened to two episodes of marathontalk, so that used up most of the time, it was strange though, and my legs did not ache as much afterwards.

Words - the weight will soon come under control, well done on your 14 miler.

Toby3 - I also cowered away from the ice and used the treadmill this morning for 3 miles of hills, but back out on the paths tomorrow morning.

take care everyone and keep up the good work

16/01/2013 at 04:20

morning all

just 5 for me yesterday made i nice change not to be running in the rain the sun was out but still very nippy in the shade may do a recovery run on the treadmill today as i have the 20 i didn't last week on Friday

16/01/2013 at 10:59

Club run last night in the cold and ice, managed just under 5 miles without skidding over  was rather trecherous under foot in places I have to say  more snow coming our way in the midlands fri/sat I believe

16/01/2013 at 11:03

managed a 7 miler this morning it was abit fresh out there, but really pleased got some trail shoes so not too much sliding.

take care everyone

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 11:03
16/01/2013 at 21:27
7 miles yesterday and another 3 (fast ish) today.

It's been a looooong day, not made any easier by a stop at the chippy this evening. Really need to be better at controlling my diet!

Spen, Booey, Toby - good running!

Big Mama - welcome to the thread.
17/01/2013 at 15:57

Words - we seem to be ok at the running its just the diet  I had potato wedges for dinner  haha

dready tready tonight  booooo

18/01/2013 at 04:33

morning all

did a 5 mile recovery run on the treadmill on Wednesday and walk to and from work tonight so that's another 6 miles it is snowing here at the moment but more like rain than snow so it's not pitching so hopefully the 20 will still be on when i get up

20/01/2013 at 11:06

boy was i wrong Bristol ground to a halt but wasn't as brave as some who went out side an ran i did the 20 miles on the treadmill but because ours is only a basic one and the distance display only goes up 9.99k broke it down into 4x 5 mile sections with a short brake in between to cool down had have a change of shirt

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 11:07
20/01/2013 at 13:07

Hiya. Just started a new diet and have been training for the Brighton Marathon. Trying to lose a stone or more before Brighton. Did an 8 mile run on my treadmill yesturday, my legs are still sore now. Might drag my friends out for a snowball fight later.

20/01/2013 at 13:15

Hi snow hope the weight loss gose well

21/01/2013 at 14:06

afternoon all

back from W/W happy to report down another 4lbs so down to 11st never thought i be saying that after 2 years of trying on my own so that's 2st 7 lbs since i started at W/W

well 8 miles done on treadmill today as the pavements are still covered in compacted snow and ice but at the rate it's melting at the moment i could well be out for a run tomorrow

21/01/2013 at 14:11

Hi all - managed a 6 miler in the snow this morning, so still managing to get outside to run, hopefully when the snow goes it goes quickly, and we dont end up with that slush, or worse ice.

Toby congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic, you will fly around brighton this year and get your sub 4 easily. I have Pitsford in 6 weeks, and as only using it as a traing run, I am only going to have a 1 week taper to see how that goes, and then straight back into.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work.

22/01/2013 at 03:56

Morning all

well just 5 for me today we had a light shower of snow just before i came home from work stop now so i am hoping that will be that all though if the icebiters i ordered yesterday arrive i may well get to try them out if it starts again

22/01/2013 at 10:20

Fantastic result on your weight loss, Toby. Brilliant.

My running hasn't been too badly affected by the snow - managed a ten miler on pretty much snow-free tracks on Sunday, and will be heading out for a lunchtime 4 miler later.

Things are heading the right direction on the scales too - lost three pounds last week. The post-Xmas fightback has begun!

Looks like you're all doing well, despite the weather!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.