Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,941 to 3,960 of 4,437 messages
22/01/2013 at 11:54

Word well done on losing the 3lbs glad you got out i haven't been out for a run since last Friday pavements still look a bit dangerous at the moment but hoping by Friday that the snow will be gone and i can get out for my long run as i don't fancy another 3.5 hours on the treadmill again

22/01/2013 at 14:45

Afternoon all

just 5 miles for me today ventured out for a run as the pavements in our road didn't look to bad and on a whole were clear like B&T there were still one or two places that were a bit dodgy but so just slowed down aim for of today’s run just get around in one piece

22/01/2013 at 17:12

well my icebiters arrived this afternoon just in time for the snow to have melted though secretly i hope i don't have to use them now although i have been told we're supposed to have more snow tonight

23/01/2013 at 03:53

morning all

well it snowed all night her but at the moment hasn't pitched let hope it stays that way weathers supposed to be on the change Sunday there forecasting wet and very windy

23/01/2013 at 11:51

The snow is proper messing my runs up and I have been treadmill running since it all came  and things not set to change until the weekend I believe.  My mileage is suffering as I dont get any pleasure out of doing great distance on it  was looking at breaking the 100 miles in a month but I dont think I have a chance now  oh well maybe February will be kind to me.

Words - glad you are seeing some weight loss  I wish I was

Toby - also, well done you  thats an amazing weight loss

Although I am not a lover of the cold and snow, I had a fantastic weekend sledging  everyone was out in the village I live and it was really lovely

23/01/2013 at 12:22

Booey sorry to read the weather has messed up your target but as you say there always next month do you set yourself s target each month or was it towards a goal for the end of the year as you could always do i little extra each month to claw it back

23/01/2013 at 15:16

5 miles done today icebiters got there first wearing work a treat i must say rest day tomorrow then 18 on Friday let hope the snow keeps melting

24/01/2013 at 09:06

Morning I forgot to update with my weekly weight yesterday 63.9kg so 10st 0.5lb this is where I think it starts getting hard, I really want to be able to officially say i'm 9 stone something.  I did my 32 week serious diet, 12 weeks of Weight Watchers maintenance and tried hard again in the last week and it's all working.  I guess I need to just keep going, but I really want a defined waist and that really is all that's persuading me to go into the 9s i'm content where I am now but I would love a flat belly instead of being about to pinch a couple of inches. 

The fat on the arms has gone down a lot which is nice Just the tummy flab to fight now.  Managed to run 4.5 miles last night which was nice.

24/01/2013 at 11:46

@ Booktrunk - what scales do you use to weigh yourself?  Mine are playing up and would like to get some decent ones but dont know what to get

@ Toby - no I dont set a target mileage each month, I just wanted to increase it so I am more prepared for Silverstone HM on 3rd March

24/01/2013 at 11:58
@Booey

I got Omron BF511 scales from amazon just under ??40 but their retail price is over ??110 they are a decent set of scales that can do posh body fat stuff if you want but to just weigh yourself just need to kick the reset button with your foot and step on them, with a big clear display, and they seem consistent. I think they gave been a really worthwhile investment.
24/01/2013 at 12:02
I reckon I need around 20-22% body fat to have a chance of a flat tum, which is around 126-132 lbs but I think that's lighter than I was thinking of getting down to, I guess I just have to loose a little more and just see how it goes.
24/01/2013 at 12:24

Hi all, i started dieting just bout 18 months ago, was 23 stone, lost 8 stone so far, and just 1 more to go. Been running for a year now and doing first marathon in April

24/01/2013 at 12:43
That is brilliant km10

Well done. You must be so proud.
25/01/2013 at 19:56

Evening all

well 20 very cold and depressing miles for me today it was getting dark by the time i got home and have to say never been so glad to get home in the warm

km10 well done you what a great result

booktrunk hope the flat tummy comes after all your hard work you deserve one

25/01/2013 at 20:05
That is awesome Toby, doing 20 tonight is serious hardcore. I did 4.5m tonight, starting to play with timing n stuff to try to train better now so did 2k slow, 3k medium, then another 2.5km fast felt weird being so controlled, but enjoyed it, followed with a light prawn curry at about 500 calories for tea.
26/01/2013 at 20:51

evening all

what a difference a day makes went out with the O/H today as she had 13 miles to do and didn't want to do them on her own the sun was out and it was warm but it wasn't to last as i see the rain they promised had arrived

26/01/2013 at 20:55
You did 13 today after 20 yesterday!! Bloody hell your next mara will be a walk in the park!
26/01/2013 at 21:00

it's not as hard as it sounds as the wife uses a run / walk and then there's usually loo breaks so there are rest breaks while i'm waiting for her to come out so that means with the run walk i end up walking half of it

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 21:03
26/01/2013 at 21:05
Now your muscles need two days off to heal.
27/01/2013 at 20:06

Hi all, managed a 10 mile run in 2hr 58mins today which I was really pleased about. Had a bit of a wobble on the diet though cause my friend took me out for a carvery lunch afterwards. Very tasty but not good for me.

Bar that minor blip the Hairy Biker's Guide continues to provide tasty food, though I'm having to top up my carbs with pasta or bread around it. Shame it takes so long to cook though, last thing I want after cooking all day in work is to be cooking/waiting hours for food but that seems to be the norm. *sulk*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.