Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

21 to 40 of 4,437 messages
15/10/2010 at 10:49
Thanks Puffin1  - I just assumed that going from being pretty much sedentary to running 3 times a week (albeit quiet slowly) without increasing calorie intake would show up on the scales. I'll take you tip and try to be more aware of what I eat and stick to my running - the inch loss keeps me going but I would really like to see it on the scales as well.
15/10/2010 at 11:53

Good morning everyone, I've just made some wholemeal bread rolls and healthy banana cake, just have to make sure i only eat one slice now..........

Well done Puffin, maybe this thread has helped?!

Zara i ditto Puffin, one mile of running only burns around 100 calories and it's so easy to overeat! Writing it all down does help me. And i'm going to try running faster and adding in some hills too. I've spent too long at a slow plod

Welcome Andrew and Decamp good luck

15/10/2010 at 12:10

Morning all

Well went over the gym yesterday with the O/H did 10 minutes on the bike 10 on the cross trainer and the same on the treadmill using one of the built in programs then a swim so begins the road to recover
15/10/2010 at 12:57

OK missed a weigh in this morning so I'll start tomorrow morning. It feels like cheating if I weigh myself just after a run as can lose a couple of pounds in fluid

Just had a custard cream but didn't have crisps with my sandwich at lunchtime

15/10/2010 at 16:13

Julia - maybe it has, I am always more concious about what I'm eating if others are going to know about it!

Well done Toby - keep it going!!

I'm heading home from work soon then out for a run.  Hope everyone has had a good day.

15/10/2010 at 20:03

Okay, I'm not starting well.  Was up really early and totally forgot to weigh myself.

At least I did manage a rather slow run home from work tonight.  It is only just over a mile, but I've decided  that I canbe pretty consistant if I start doing that every night.  Got los of other exercise lined up for next week.

Since my memory is so bad, I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning and then post.

C x

15/10/2010 at 21:40

I am pleased to report that after we had all had a slice of banana cake i put the rest in the freezer. phew!

Toby i've been making lots of veggie soup this week, butternut squash with sweet potato is particularly good and filling too.

Sal glad to hear it's not just me who weighs after a run! My body fat goes down loads too

Hope your run went well Puffin

Corrah if you do that every day it's an extra 500 cals - every little helps

15/10/2010 at 23:36

Okay, note to self - do not go to Sainsburys after a run, you wil be hungry and put treats in the basket....

never mind, tomorrow is another day.

16/10/2010 at 09:47

Thanks Julia hopefully that should spur me on.

Well I stepped on the dreaded scales this morning.  Apparently I weigh 11st 4-1/4lbs.  Darn scales are a little on the accurate side, but at least I will be able to see any progress.

Off out later today to a party, but I have elected to drive, so that means no booze for me, so I'm saving some calories there thankfully.

Just have to watch my food intake, so I'm off to record what I've been stuffing my face with.

C xx

16/10/2010 at 11:22
Enjoy the party Corrah
16/10/2010 at 11:39

Well bad news for me despite going to the gym again yesterday am now 13st 4lbs

I am on holiday this week so I am hoping that when I get back to work and get back into my usual eating Patton it will be easier

Like Jamie the weekends are my down fall but no excuses I have been weak this week

Julia T banana cake sounds nice we have book best-kept secrets of the women’s institute soups from which we make a lot of soups well worth a look if you can as there are some really nice soups in there

Puffin sounds like a good idea those treats will get you every time

Corrah yes those scales can be a pain

slowsal as has been said the best time to weight is first thing in the morning

Edited: 16/10/2010 at 11:45
16/10/2010 at 12:12

I'd say the best way to train your mind about diet and exercise is to do WW points system for a bit (or what ever they call it now). It can take a bit of time to record everything, but you come to understand what food costs you in points and which ones are free or less points but fill you up. It also allows you to convert exercise into negative pints so you begin to understand the relationship your body has with food and exercise.

Doing a bit better this weekend so far. I was a bit worried yesterday about my run (week 4 of the RW beginner prog). I'd had a niggling ankle pain, for which I'd stopped and rested for a couple of weeks. Just a little twinge which i think was more in my imagination.

I'd also done a Weight Watchers beef stew b4 going out which was cooking in the oven while I ran. With a run, a healthy meal and just a couple of pints of re-hydration fluid in the local I'd lost a couple of pounds. I think it is easier for men though, if they eat right and exercise. I think women's bodies, while much nicer aesthetically, are a bit more complex.

Right another portion of stew and a baked jacket P with Football Focus (up the Baggies) then maybe pop out for a new pair of trainers. I'm not sure my old ones are springy enough any more.

Stay +ive, it's a mental battle more than anything I think.

JBiT

16/10/2010 at 12:28

Puffin1"Okay, note to self - do not go to Sainsburys after a run, you wil be hungry and put treats in the basket....

never mind, tomorrow is another day."

to that I add

"note to self - do not go to Sainsburys after a run.....and definitely not the waitrose around the corner....and please God make the better health company shop window displaying scrumptious cakes completely invisible to me"

16/10/2010 at 13:57

Zara, I just make it past cakes and pastries without caving in, so I'm well proud of myself. Think you might have to start running past these places very quickly - call it speedwork

Ended up going out for a bit of a stroll with hubby which was nice and just about to start getting sorted out for party.  It's an early one starting at 3pm (house warming), so I've got some non alcoholic drinks to take and we are being fed lasagne for dinner, so I'm going to be good and not eat too much.

I think the most important thing is to take each day at a time.  There will be good days and bad days, but that is true of almost everything in life.

On that philosophical note I think I'll head off now.

Good luck all

C x

16/10/2010 at 14:01
big curry last night and burger and chips tonight.  start diet tomorrow
16/10/2010 at 14:03

Like you Corrah forgot to weigh myself this morning (middle child up ill overnight) so will try and remember in the morning

Am writing it down for the 1st time ever to see if that helps

Hoping to squeeze in a run later

16/10/2010 at 20:43

wow, great to see so many have joined this thread.

Well done to all who have shed pounds already!

I am pleased to report 2lbs off this week whooohooo! 

I'm very pleased after the dissappointing few weeks I've had! I have actually very slightly increased what I have been eating and think this may have sort of kick started my metabolism again! Fingers crossed it continues!

Have also done a lovely steady 6 mile run today. May not be much to some of you, but for someone who couldn't run for 60 seconds 3 1/2 months ago it's not bad!!

Keep up the good work all !

17/10/2010 at 06:46
Well done, keep it up. 
17/10/2010 at 07:46

Right Sunday new week new start

last day of the holiday today back to work tomorrow or i would have been if I did not have a 3 day first aid course to attend I normal work nights with a 7pm start so it will be nice to be home on an evening but it does mean that I will be have to be careful what I eat this week  

But hopefully being out of the house all day and then if i train on an evening it won’t give me a lot of time to pick

Had a lovely homemade ham leek and pea soup for tea yesterday off for dinner at the sister –in –laws today so again must be careful

Sluggish Wonder well done for losing the 2lb and don’t put yourself down 6 miles is 6 miles it  the distance of a 10k race and in 3 and a half months is a great result

Slowsal hope middle H/L is feeling better 2nd time though you forgot to weight your self 

Andrew welcome

Corrah well done for getting past the cakes and pastries without caving  may be advisable to change your route thereby avoiding temptation all together  good advice about taking it one day at a time an if even that’s too long break it down even further in to an hour or 10 minutes

Jon Boy again welcome where do you get the point system from and your right it is a mental battle just like the training it is sometimes hard to get out of the door and yes if you’re like me there will be days when you say s** it but I got to try to remember what it feels like when you’re out there and the sense of well being you get when you just finished a good run

Edited: 17/10/2010 at 07:48
17/10/2010 at 11:08

Hi everyone

Just spotted this thread - which is great as I need something to get me back on track.

Started running in April and lost over a stone.  The past month I've lost a couple of pounds, then put it back on - so am wobbling around the 10.5 stone (but I'm only 5.3).   I'm looking to get to around 9 - 9.5 stone so this will be a great motivation tool to get my a*se into gear.

I've got a bit lazy, food wise, really - not really eating as much fruit, drinking enough water, and indulging in too many jaffa cakes.  So will start my conscious healthy eating tomorrow morning.  Today I weight 145lbs (10.5 stone) so will report in during the week / next Sunday.

Well done to everyone and lovely to see some old (and new) faces

JESS xxx

21 to 40 of 4,437 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.