Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

3,981 to 4,000 of 4,437 messages
01/02/2013 at 18:17

Evening all

well 15 miles done today it was nice to go out in the sun although the wind did take the temperature down some what the whole run took 2:22:51 with an Avg pace of 9:28 so  nearly down to what i need to get that sub 4hr at Brighton although they do say you LSR should be done a minute slow than you intend to run

booktrunk your get there we know you will as Word said don't stress let the lbs flow naturally away

02/02/2013 at 06:38

morning all

have to say i was a little disappointed with my run yesterday as i felt i struggled somewhat but on refection perhaps it was only natural when i looked back and thought well if you take in last Fridays run it was coming of the back of a 51mile week

And then i got the biggest surprise i was comparing yesterday’s runs to previous runs i done of that length on the Garmin web site and happen to notice this

Week 8 LSR Brighton     Fri 3 Feb 2012 1:10pm time 2:35:56 distance 15:13

Brighton 2013 week 8   Fri 1Feb 2013 1:13pm time 2:22:52 distance 15:10

Turns out i was 13:04 faster over the same route as last year so hay just goes to show i don’t know a good run when I’m having one

02/02/2013 at 13:23

Wow you all seem to run so much I feel slightly intimidated

I'm just getting back into running after a couple of years of good intentions (but not much effort). Started on the learn to run programme and I'm now at week 5 but my weight hasn't budged by even 1 pound despite gym 3 times a week (too dark around my way to run outdoors just now) and watching the diet. Hoping I'll see a change before my motivation goes

02/02/2013 at 15:32

Square don't be intimidated as we are only running that much because were training for some race or another know what you mean about the weight not moving in the end i ended up going to weight watchers the biggest thing i learnt is it doesn’t matter how much you run if you’re not combining it with a sensible eating habits the weight won't come off i have been going to weight watchers since the end of October last year and in that time have shed 2st 9lbs losing anything from 2 to 4lbs most weeks the only weeks i lost less were weeks when the running wasn't what it should have been

Edited: 02/02/2013 at 15:35
03/02/2013 at 15:17

Afternoon all

Well Longleat 10k done and dusted alarm went off at 6.30am had my usual toast and a cup of coffee for breakfast then up to do my stretches by this time it was time to get changed to go  we were out the door by 8.10am the journey down was uneventful and the sat nav did it jobs and  got us there we arrived 9.10 and by the time we queued up for the loo and wondered back to the car to put our numbers on then back to the loo for the O/H it was time to make our way to the start

i did ask the O/H if she wanted me to run with her but she kindly said it was time for me to have a go for a PB so as i past the correct pen we parted company was only stood there a couple of minutes before the race got under way

The 1k was a steep climb up hill followed by a nice run down again i did my usual trick of trying to catch the person in front and for a while chased a very speed lady before passing her on the next steep climb had no real idea of pace although i did look at the Garmin and try to keep it in the 8m/m range

7k came and went before i knew it and the km seem to be flying by 7 to 8k involved the same steep climb that you had done on the first 1k which did mean however there was a nice downhill run to the finish

Couldn’t’ contain myself when i look at the time on the Garmin as i crossed the line for it read 49:26 a new PB by 3 minutes and my first ever sub 50 minute 10k just down loaded the splits they were as follows

8:57, 7:12, 7:44, 7:58, 9:02; 7:15 giving me an Avg pace of 7:58m/m

then i wondered back to the point where you start the second loop and waited for the wife to pass quick visit to the loo and back to the finish to cheer the O/H home

04/02/2013 at 07:10
Fantastic Toby, well done. Next stop, sub 45?

Since I can't run a great deal with ITB problem, and I've piled in weight since Dublin, Ive started the insanity workout program. It's pretty hellish, especially since I am doing it at 5am every morning! I'm just starting week 2, lost 0.5lbs and 1 % point of body fat. Diet is poor at the moment, the 6 nations doesn't help as it's basically illegal here not to consume silly amounts of guinness when rugby is on!
04/02/2013 at 09:14

JLB3 well done to you on losing the 0.5 lbs despite the Guinness

04/02/2013 at 18:56

Hi all

I'm still alive and seem to be fully recovered from my calf strain. My long runs are slowly increasing, yesterday's was 9 miles which was cut short from 11 as I had toilet issues! I've taken the plunge and have entered my first marathon, The Kent Roadrunner Marathon on Saturday 1st June. Plenty of time to get myself ready for it. On the weight loss front, I've managed to lose 4 of the 10 pounds I put on over Christmas so I'm progressing nicely.

Toby - Well done on the PB, you seem to be improving very well, especially with the weight loss as well.

JLB - Keep going, hopefully the ITB will sort itself out and you can get running again

Square - Welcome and keep going, you'll find plenty of motivation here.

05/02/2013 at 05:07

morning all well 10 mile for me yesterday and 5 today then a short 4 miles recover run on the treadmill Wednesday whole run took me 1:35:52 Avg pace of 9:24m/m so very pleased

there is only one disadvantage to running this quick i get less weight watcher activity points so actually have to do more exercise down another 1.5 pounds at the weigh in yesterday putting me down to 10st 10lbs  which is good in some ways but not in other as i am now supposed to be just maintain the weight loss so will have to increase my food intake slightly till i get it right

Gary pleased to hear your all mended good luck with the marathon training hope it goes well

05/02/2013 at 12:09

Hi all, things seem to be going well, well done Toby, things are really falling into place for you this year, is a 3.45 on the cards. I am doing heart rate training and things seem to be better than last year less tired and seeming to have an average faster pace at about 150 HR so all good.

looking at doing a run around Pitsford Reservoir on saturday morning, my first marathon is there on the 3rd, it seems strange that as it is local i can train on the course.

take care everyone

05/02/2013 at 17:28

5 miles done have to say i am looking forward to Thursday as it's a rest day what with the race on Sunday and going to the park run Saturday to keep the O/H company and the run tomorrow I've now run every day since last Thursday legs are beginning to say enough, enough

Spen glad thing are coming together for you as well good luck with the run

07/02/2013 at 14:32

Wow, congrats, Toby! Sub 50 - brilliant! (I'm hoping to get there eventually...). looks like the training is coming on well too.

Spen - sounds like the training is going well. Good luck!

JLB - sounds like a harsh programme, hope it pays off. 6 Nations is always a bad time of year for dieting though... Looking forward to Sunday's little encounter between our teams...

Square1 - welcome!

Haven't run since my 27k on Sunday, and haven't weighed for a week or so either! Had a minor operation on my leg on Tuesday to remove a vein and blood clot, but should be back running by the weekend. (Surgeon said I could run 24 hrs after op if I wanted. I didn't want.)

Hope you're all well.

08/02/2013 at 03:44

Morning all

can’t remember if i posted this went to W/W on Monday and was down another 1.5 lbs and so i am now 10st 10lbs which is good in away but not in another as i am now suppose to be maintain my weight not losing i have up my Pro-Point allowance this week so will have to see on Monday whether I've got it right and stayed the same all though i wouldn't mind losing another 3lbs to make a 3st weight loss wouldn't want to go any lower

Running wise i have 20 to do today then i expect i be out with the O/H tomorrow as she has 14 to do so Saturday night will be feet up in front of the telly

Word hope the leg recovers soon

08/02/2013 at 08:11
Hi everyone I forgot to post after my weigh in Wednesday to busy at work.

I had a longish for me slow 16.2k on Sunday managed in 1h55m which I was pleased with was nicely controlled and felt I could gave gone faster or further as necessary

Toby what an awesome run sub 50m is great my official time is 68:59 for 10k judging from my garmin I reckon I could push to sub 65 if u did an actual 10k maybe quicker...

Word good luck with running again this weekend.

Anyway into my weight I did it. I officially now weigh 9st 13.3 lbs until next Wednesday so a whole week at sub 10 stone. I'm finally just starting to see the podge on my tummy go down, and if I lost another few lbs might officially have no spare tyre
08/02/2013 at 12:24

booktrunk well done to you on getting under the 10st mark i know how pleasing that must have been for you as you been so close for a while the O/h got there last week and she was so pleased it was unbelievable

08/02/2013 at 18:16

Afternoon all

Well 20 miles done and dusted had a few spots of rain but on the whole it actual sunny most of the way around still quite chilly though the whole thing took 3:13:25 but that’s with the stopping for traffic if you look at the moving time it drops to 3:08:49 had a look at last year’s time for the same run and I’m 26 minutes fast on the moving time than i was at this stage last year

just have to keep it up but i am still no were near where i need to be to go sub 4hr

08/02/2013 at 22:53
I got carried away tonight doing a baby 5km just to keep loose and did 5k in 30:20 wow!! 79 seconds faster than my previous best for 5km and now only 21 seconds away from a sub 30m 5km.
09/02/2013 at 06:02

booktrunk well done on the time

09/02/2013 at 12:55

Finally lost a whole 1lb!  Ok, so it's not much but glad to see a little shift in weight after nearly 6 weeks. Went for my first outdoor run in ages and forgot how good it felt to be outdoors and enjoying it. Was tyring to do 12m run, 60s walk x 3 but calf muscles were too stiff. Does anyone have any tips for making treadmills more like running outside (other than moving it outside - not sure the gym would like that very much!). I'm thinking that I should just bump up the incline to make it harder while I'm indoors to see me though until it gets lighter outside at night, or in the mornings, or at all!

09/02/2013 at 13:00
Yes incline at 2%, maybe set it to random hills if you can that should make it more challenging?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.