Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,001 to 4,020 of 4,437 messages
09/02/2013 at 13:01
Also.... Of course you could just run outside and skip the treadmill, just do all your runs outside
09/02/2013 at 14:17

Thanks booktrunk, I'd love ditch the treadmill (its so boring) but outside of working hours it's just too dark round my way for me to feel safe at the moment. Still, it'll start getting lighter soon and there will be no stopping me!!

09/02/2013 at 17:32

Well back from the run with the wife she should have been doing 16 miles this week but because of the H/M were running in March had swapped some of the runs around and ended up with a 14 today

or so i thought we had done the bulk of the run and as we got close to home i happen to mention that we had already done 14.5 miles and it would be at least 15 by the time we got home it was at this point she decided that if we were that close to the 16 miles she should have done then it would be daft not to do them so that was that found myself doing another 1.5 to make up the 16

come back the days that when she was struggling all  she want to do bless her is go home she getting far too keen for me in the end we were out for 4:44:57 which is good as that’s the longest run she’s ever done

so if you if include the 10k on Sunday that’s a 63 mile week for me this week I’ve never done this amount of training for Brighton before

11/02/2013 at 14:32

just a little 8 miles for me today boy has the temperature dropped again went to W/W first actually managed to stay the same weight so maintenance is going OK

11/02/2013 at 20:02

Got out for an easy 10k at the weekend and my post-op leg was happy enough. Had another couple of days' rest and will be picking up the marathon training again this week, all being well.

12/02/2013 at 03:59

Word glad to read the legs OK

12/02/2013 at 21:37
Newbie checking in here.....I'm 9st 7lb but only 4ft 10 so am a tad over weight! I currently have 37% body fat so for me, that's what I'm looking to reduce more than actual weight, although of course I'm hoping that the weight will drop as a happy bonus

I ran for several months last year and didn't actually lose any weight, and similarly having been back at it for the last 4 weeks haven't list either. So I'm guessing that my diet is the problem; I don't want to diet but change my eating habits so I can keep it up.

I'm probably going to find it a bit of a struggle so figure some support would be good! So, nice to meet you all

PS. It's my birthday tomorrow so the new me will be starting after that and as I haven't weighed myself for the last week I'll update my stats!
12/02/2013 at 22:49
Good luck, and happy birthday.

A bit of running and 1400/1500 calories a day should slowly loose a bit of weight
13/02/2013 at 04:37

becky80 welcome to our happy band of losers i know what you mean about not losing weight through just running i was trying for about 2 year to lose weight without much success it wasn't until i join weight watchers and got my eating under control that i lost any weight the good thing is i haven’t had to give anything up i can still eat all the things i could before in fact I’ve had more fry ups since going to weight watcher than i did before

14/02/2013 at 07:18
On the physio table again

Lower back ligament strain. Exercise is too dangerous.

Need to get my eating sorted since I can't done anything with my useless body for now.
14/02/2013 at 09:51

JLB, JLB, JLB. What are we going to do with you? Hope you recover soon.

Becky - welcome, and happy birthday for yesterday! What are your running goals for this year? Good luck with controlling the diet/weight loss - you'll find this thread very supportive, I think!

Had a ten miler yesterday morning (in the driving sleet, which was fun!). Haven't time to run today, but will be out tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.

Hope you're all well.

14/02/2013 at 13:14

afternoon all

rest day for me today then should be doing 14 miles on Friday but not shore whether to sick another 20 in as i over eat a little this week and need to burn off some excess then out again Saturday with the O/H for another 14 mile

JBL3 sorry to hear your injured again hang in there sorry to harp on about the weight Watches but if you really want to get on top of the eating can't recommend it enough i always stay to the meetings as i find that helps as well although i have to say i am the only man

my boss made a fun comment when i said that but as i said to him being the only man doesn't bother me as the bowling club i belong to was a mixed cub and the running is mixed as well and in the end not to sound rude but to me there not ladies there fellow weight watchers their do exactly what i am and that's just to lose some weight and help and support each other

Edited: 14/02/2013 at 13:24
14/02/2013 at 13:39
Word and Toby you put me to shame I'm mainly 3 runs a week with the odd four run week thrown in.

Weight was amusing stayed exactly the same so that is good stayed below the 10st mark at 9st13.3lbs.

Couldn't agree more with WW totally transformed me.
14/02/2013 at 13:43

Hi all, I have set up sponsorship page www.justgiving.com/100milesisnotthatfar for my runs this year, I know things are tight for everyone, but this also affects charities so if anyone could spare a £1 it would be gratefully received.

14/02/2013 at 13:58
Hi everyone, so as promised here's the dreaded official stats now that my celebrating is over.... I now weight 9st 8lb, 37.2% body fat and bmi of 28

Going for a run shortly once I've had some grub!
14/02/2013 at 16:22

Is this 37.2% body fat a thing that your scales tell you? As that usually very fluid, and changed a heck of a lot depending on the amount of fluids in your body etc.. I'd personally pick a time of day when you have approx the same amount of fluids in your for the body fat content and only do it at around that time each day.  For example get up have a wee then do it.  Don't drink before hand, and then even if it's not that accurate it's consistent, as you will have about the same amount of liquid in you each day.

Anyway welcome aboard

By the way BMI of 28 isn't that bad, I was 38+ last March.  How low are you aiming? Get to 25 so that you hit the "healty" range, and see how you feel?

14/02/2013 at 17:31

becy80 good luck to you and again welcome aboard

15/02/2013 at 11:19

Hi Guys hope everyone is ok

Managed to finish work early yesterday and get in a lovely 7 mile run  then cooked my OH a special dinner for Valentines which was nice

Silverstone HM 2 weeks sunday  my training hasnt gone quite to plan as its been hampered by the snow and floods so even though the mileage has not been great its been consistent running, so fingers crossed I can at least get a PB  its only my 3rd HM

Book - well done for getting under that 10 stone I am so jealous  I am so near but so far

Words - hope the leg is bearing up and your coping ok running

Becky - good luck with the weight loss and agree with what Booktruck said  your body fat seems quite high to me though, mine is around 31 at the moment and thats high for me and I weight over 10 stone

JLB - oh dear I feel for you  I hope things start improving for you soon

Toby - well done as usual  doing great running and great weight loss

Looking after a friends dog for a while as from today so plenty of walkies aswell as running  looking forward to it

Have a great weekend everyone

15/02/2013 at 12:38

Booey good luck with Silverstone and hope you get your PB

15/02/2013 at 18:51
Hi booktrunk,

Ye as, I think I'd at least like to get into the healthy range so aiming for 24/25. As for the body fat..... my scales measure water content to, but I do usually weigh myself in the morning after my shower. I am only gonna let myself weigh myself every couple of weeks I think - it's too easy to get obsessed!

Bloody, I'm only 4ft 10 so in the grand scheme of things 9 and a half stone is pretty heavy for my height. I look and feel heavy so definitely need to shed some!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.