Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,021 to 4,040 of 4,437 messages
15/02/2013 at 19:09
Damn predictive text....sorry blooey, didn't mean to call you bloody!
18/02/2013 at 04:27

morning all

well of to my weekly weight watchers meeting today i am hoping to have lost the last 3lbs then i have 10 miles to do i swap my runs around last week as my daughter who is also running Brighton is coming down for the weekend so we can all go out for a run

so i did the 20 i should have done this week on Friday and will last weeks 14 this week then went out with the O/H on Saturday to keep her company as she had 14 to do

18/02/2013 at 08:41

awesome

My diets going well not loosing any weight at the moment but the ring around the tummy is starting to go Was down to 9st 12 for a day but pigged out yesterday and back up at my normal 9 13 and a bit

Have a niggle in my left knee from twisting it around the new year, it's been slightly niggly ever since, but was ouchy on yesterdays 14km run.  So i'm going to not run until at least Friday or Saturday, better to give it a bit of recovery time, then find myself with a long term injury.

18/02/2013 at 09:23

booktrunk glad the weight loss is going well my be worth seeing a physio about the knee

18/02/2013 at 11:16

Becky - thats tickled me as you got my name wrong the second time also  hehe my weight is going up at the moment and I have no idea why

Running and walking friends dog all weekend and what a lovely weekend it was too  was shattered last night lol up early this morning round the fields with the dog, she is so lovely and well behaved I wont want to give her back

18/02/2013 at 13:56

Hi all,

Booktrunk - go and get your knee seen to!

Booey - hello! Sod the weight, just enjoy the running!

Toby - sounds like the training's coming along in leaps and bounds. Though if you're leaping and bounding you're doing it wrong! Looking forward to Llanelli? How long are you in South Wales for, because I can recommend a couple of places to visit/walk if you've time.

Did 19 miles yesterday, in a fraction under 3 hours. I'll be doing 20 miles next weekend and ideally want to do them in 3 hours, so fingers crossed. If I do, it'll be a first! No real aches or pains today, which is a surprise.

Llanelli half marathon in two weeks, and I'm hoping for sub 1.55.

18/02/2013 at 14:19

Afternoon all

well went to W/W done another 3lbs 10st 7lbs  making a grand loss of 3st since i joined back last October so this now puts me  were i wanted to be so i can start the wmaintenances whole heartedly instead of the half heart effort last time

Went out for run afterwards 10 miles done in 1:31:15 giving me an Avg pace of 8:59 m/m

Word that’s very kind but were only over Saturday and Sunday were driving up Saturday morning and home again Monday morning

Booey don’t sweat it. It will turn around as fast and be going down again before you know it

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 14:21
18/02/2013 at 15:44

No probs, Toby. As a minimum you should go for a walk on the Millennium Coast Park from North Dock on Saturday evening, or Sunday afternoon if you feel like it. Some good views over the Loughor Estuary. The better beaches are on the Gower, but the Estuary's not bad. (You'll be running some of it anyway!)

19/02/2013 at 04:31

we will have to try to arange to meet up as it would be nice to put a face to the name

20/02/2013 at 11:09

what’s happened to the weather just when i thought we seen the last of the cold weather and might actually get a bit warmer than winter sets in again Oh well looks like we'll need the running tights a bit longer i know what it is the weather took one look at my legs yesterday said i not looking at those so it got colder so i had to cover them up

20/02/2013 at 11:12

Toby3 I know what you mean just thought about putting the cold weather gear away, but will have to stay out abit longer

20/02/2013 at 11:40

Booey! Am so sorry Seems I am destined to get your name wrong....!

I've been for a couple of runs, to the gym once and to a pilates class so far this week. Am trying to eat plenty of protien and veg and steer clear of the bread (my downfall)..but...my shin splints are really playing up at the moment. I have discovered a good 30 min walk before even attempting to jog/run helps but unfortunately it's not alwayspossible to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to warm up the calves really well but in minimal time?

I detest the gym and want to continue to run outside as much as possible!

20/02/2013 at 14:17

Becky - no worries

I use to spend time warming up and down when I first started running and that was when I experienced my calf muscle niggle  Now a days I dont bother and just take the run easy until I am warm and have had no probs

Toby - well done on the weight loss thats amazing  do you look skinny  you weigh the same as me now  

Club ran last night which was nice in the cold  lots of dog walking aswell and I can feel the effects too  loving it loads though  She is a 11 year old Springer and such a pleasure to have around

Words - as much as I would like to act on your words and 'sod the weight'  I cant  its a constant niggle  hehe

21/02/2013 at 20:17

Booey - re the weight - tell me about it!

Becky - I don't enjoy the gym either, I'd much rather be outside no matter what the weather! Can't help with the warm ups, I'm afraid - I just have my usual 3-5 minute routine and run easy for a couple of minutes until I've warmed up.

Toby - I know! It's a bit parky! I ran the 11 miles to work this morning and I honestly didn't get warm until I was on my second coffee, in my office! Yes, we should meet up at Llanelli - I'll be in touch nearer the time. I'm aiming for sub 1:55, which would be a PB.

21/02/2013 at 23:03

Hi all

Nice to see lots of great running and weight loss going on again. My marathon training is going ok at the moment, my fridge told me I had 6 to do today at race pace. I'm aiming for a 5 hour time but I thought best universal grit grime and effluent remover it and thought I'd have a go at beating my 10k PB. It was bloody cold and windy for the first 3 miles but I did manage to beat my PB by 90 seconds and also manage my first 10k in under 1 hour.To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.

A 5k PB last Saturday and a 10k PB today, this training plan must be doing some good!

22/02/2013 at 04:22
http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/535370/gallery/srink_swindon.jpg?width=350

this was me after the swindon half just before i went to WW

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/535370/gallery/2038-long04.jpg?width=350

this me running the longleat 10k

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/535370/gallery/alan_2_-_2_feb_13.jpg?width=350

wearing the same running out fit i wore at Swindon for a before and after picture we sent to weight watchers

Edited: 22/02/2013 at 04:24
22/02/2013 at 11:28

Excellent stuff Toby, very well done. You look great. 

22/02/2013 at 16:03

Toby thats amazing well done  your running clothes look so big now haha I have to say though I really dont think you look that big before  well done WW's must be very proud of you

23/02/2013 at 09:34

Toby: the incredible shrinking man!

Gary: Great results! Awesome. Well done!

I'm actually four stone lighter than I was at the start of 2009, but still half a stone heavier than where I want to be. Just struggling to shake those last pounds!

Hilly 9 mile run this morning done and dusted - a little cold, but rewarding. Wouldn't say I'm looking forward to the 20 miler tomorrow, but I'm not dreading it either.

23/02/2013 at 17:03

Afternoon all

well back from the 18 miles with the  wife and daughter have to eat humble pie as we completed the run took just under 5:14:00 i have to say i thought it was going to be more like 6 to 6 and a half

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.