Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,041 to 4,060 of 4,437 messages
24/02/2013 at 08:37
Wow!!!! I have to congratulate everyone on their weight losses!!!! These are some amazing stories!!!! As a complete newbie, I am very inspired by all of you!!

I myself have found that over the past two weeks that I have been out trotting, that the scales are suddenly becoming nice to me!!! My last weekly weigh in at Slimming World showed that I had lost 3 1/2lbs in a week, and I finally got my 1 stone award after months of trying!!!!

I'm hoping that if I keep up the running, that my weight loss may happen a little quicker, fingers crossed!!!
24/02/2013 at 11:58

Jesica Lou welcome to our happy band of losers i to found that the weight loss increased when i combined running with the controlling my eating through Weight Watchers i had been trying for about 2 years to lose the weight on my own without any luck

But have to say have no one to blame but myself and my total lack of self control keep posting and let us know how thing progress

25/02/2013 at 11:05

I'm making good progress with the physio, not quite ready for running, but at least able to start some swimming.  The good news is my weight has pretty much levelled off at 12 stone, 1 stone heavier than I was in October for Mara, but still nearly 2 stone lighter than I was 18 months ago.  Considering I haven't been able to do much traininng since the marathon for various reasons, and that my diet has been less than ideal, I'm pretty pleased that their hasn't been to much damage done on the scales.

Great photos Toby, fantastic progress.

*waves to everyone.

25/02/2013 at 14:28

Afternoon all

well have to say I'm a bit shocked had a really bad weekend eating wise and was expecting to have put some weight on instead a some how manages to lose another 0.5lbs don't ask me how I've no idea how i did it

8 miles done today run took 1:13:18 with and Avg pace of 8:56 m/m

had to order a new pair of running shoes as the old ones are now Waring badly were i come down on the outside edge of my heel ordered them from the start fitness web site and with another pair of running tights as i let Snowmaiden have one of mine with the discount code the two items came to less than i paid for my current running shoes from the running shop

25/02/2013 at 20:05

Evening!

Did 10 miles on Saturday and a lovely (yes, really!) 20 miles yesterday. Parked up at Pembrey country park, which is a huge site full of pine forest trails. So did some trail running before heading our along the coast, then back into the park for more trails. All in all, it took about 3.30 so I took advice from the Brighton Marathon thread to slow my LSRs down!

Weight-wise, I'm still hovering around the mark I've been for a while. Need to kick myself into gear again!

Toby - sounds like you had a bargain! Got my race pack through for Llanelli today. Will be in touch in a day or so to work out how/where to meet you.

JLB - good news with the physio and the damage limitation!

25/02/2013 at 22:16
I've been struggling for weeks at 9-13 / 10 stone.

This week no running at all resting my slightly twisted knee, and a sneak peek pre tea tonight had me at 9st 11.5 lbs!!! How the heck did that happen.
26/02/2013 at 11:03

Good running all, my first marathon is on Sunday at Pitsford, actually getting abit nervous as only a small field of about 200 and I am not the quickest runner, but it is only really meant to be a training run, but I thionk the competitive streak is coming out in me.

Weight wise at 12st 7lbs, which is good for me, could do with abit less but much less and I dont have the energy for my long runs.

take care evryone and keep up all the good work

26/02/2013 at 12:11

Spen good luck Sunday

booktrunk well done on the weight loss  you’re like me yesterday could have knock me down with a feather when she said I’d lost 0.5 lbs as i was eating for England over the weekend

26/02/2013 at 15:15

Spen - good luck for Sunday  I would have come to cheer you on but I am doing Silverstone Half

Book & Toby - well done you two  your weight loss is amazing

JLB3 - glad physio is going well

Words - you really are clocking those miles up now  sounds nice where you were running, trail and coast

27/02/2013 at 04:22

Morning all

5 mile recovery run on the treadmill yesterday just 4 today my new running shoes and running tights arrived yesterday will have to give them ago today as it's only a very short run

27/02/2013 at 10:08

Morning.

9st 11.5lbs hurrah!! Awesome week 2.5 lbs off, my first run in 10 days and i crack 30M for 5K for the first time ever!! 29:34.

27/02/2013 at 13:24

booktrunk well done you It's a good feeling when you get below a certain time for the first time and with the weight loss as well must be doubly special

27/02/2013 at 14:56

Toby3 thanks for that.

Booey - good luck with the silverstone hm, I am sure you will do good, looks like the weather is going to be ok

Booktrunk well done on your sub 30

take care everyone

28/02/2013 at 19:55
Hi all,

Enjoying a rain-free running week for a change and I'm pleased to report that Sunday (Llanelli half marathon day) is set for more of the same. Toby: looks like it will be dry, cloudy and about 2-3 degrees. But experience tells me that a good chunk of the route along the estuary will feel colder.

I'm race number 2167. I'm about 6 ft 3 with little hair! I'll be with at least one other runner, but I'll keep an eye out for you and yours near the entrance and the start. Do you want me to message you my mobile number?

Hope to see you on the day!

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all running well.
02/03/2013 at 08:15

Morning all

Well off to Llanelli later today looking forward to a weekend a way then it’s back into the marathon training with a vengeance next week with a 5 mile run Monday and Wednesday a 10 mile Tuesday a 20 on Friday or i may push to 22 and then out whit the O/H on Saturday to keep her company as she has another 18 mile run to do

02/03/2013 at 19:26
Good luck guys at llanelli tomorrow
02/03/2013 at 20:06
Thanks, Booey - looking forward to it.

My marathon training gets back on schedule next week too: 5 miles on Tues and Thurs, 10 on Weds and Sat, and 20 on Sun - cool 50 for the week. Gulp!
03/03/2013 at 19:30
Well, that's the Llanelli Half done and dusted. I was hoping to knock a couple of minutes off my PB to get below the 1:55 mark - and ended up knocking nearly 8 minutes off to come in at 1:49:27!! You have no idea how chuffed I am!

I haven't looked too closely at my splits but I know I covered 10k in 50:57 (a PB in itself) and the 10 mile point was at around 1:22 (previous PB was about 1:30. Waiting for the official results to be published but hopefully there won't be too much of a discrepancy between Garmin and chip!

It was a cold, cold day and a chilly wind at the half way stage didn't help, but it was a cracking run. Also pleased to meet Toby and his misses before the race - nice to put faces to names at last.

Hope you've all had a productive weekend.
03/03/2013 at 19:35
Word, that is fantastic well done.
04/03/2013 at 08:02

Hi all and well done Wordslinger, I know how you feel about being chuffed, I had my first marathon of the year yesterday at Pitsford, great day managed a 21 minute PB and finished in 4hrs 7mins and some change, bring on the next one at Milton Keynes now in May

take care everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.