Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,061 to 4,080 of 4,437 messages
04/03/2013 at 12:11

Just a quick report

Well Llanelli H/M done weather was cold and blowy which was good as we ran down the coastal path right by the sea good training for Brighton if the weather turns bad well i have a new PB according to my Garmin i got around in 1:43:36 beating my old time by 8:08 but was out done by the O/H who came home in 2:51:52 knoking about 33 minutes of her PB

Word nice to meet you if i don't see you at Brighton good luck

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 12:12
04/03/2013 at 12:13

Toby3 - excellent result for you and your other half, that sub 4 is definately on the cards for brighton

04/03/2013 at 12:20

Well Done Words and Spen!  How did Toby get on?

04/03/2013 at 17:21

Evening all

went to W/W today not so good weekend away didn't help gained 1.5lbs but saying that i am now only 1lb over were i want to be at 12st 07lb

10 mile recovery run today went out with the O/H went ok for the first 4 or 5 miles then  the O/H started to pay for her incredible performance yesterday and started to struggle so i started to pick a point to run to then walk to the next (i.e. a lamp or tree) and so on that way we got the whole 10 miles in not that the O/H was in any mind to give up and was determined to get the 10 miles done as she is going to have trouble fitting her runs in this week and by doing the 10 she can count them as the 2 x5 miles runs she had to do o just leaves her an 8 to do some time this week

Edited: 04/03/2013 at 18:10
04/03/2013 at 20:51

Race report

got to the hotel about 2pm book in and the set off to find the start for Sunday as it turn out the Premier Inn were we were staying was a 2 minute walk from the start so that was good weather Saturday was lovely and did contemplated wearing shorts for the race however by Sunday morning when we looked out it had turn cold and gray so the running tights were the order of the day

The race started from the ruby stadium which was great as there was some where warm to sit and wait for the race to start which wasn’t the case i learned later when i meet up from someone on another thread i post on

The race got under way on time there was a small climb in the first mile but after that was pretty flat as i said earlier it took you through a bird sanctuary and along the coastal path which was very exposed and there was a stiff wind blowing

i was using people as pace makers a lot of the time until they either drop of the pace or went off in front was going well at mile five when i got talking to a chap running at a good pace he said that normally it’s was wet and wind for this race so i guess we got lucky in away weather wise

He went in front so i decided to chase him managing to stay a few paces behind him until the turn around point when he slow to wait for his mate it was then a case of just keeping the pace going i got passed by a young chap in a blue running top and for the rest of the race kept him in sight

Used a gel at mile 9 and have to say at this point was still going well it was and out and back route and again you had to run down the coastal path and there was now a strong head wind to run into the miles came and went and got to mile 12 and from there it was all downhill gave a great big cheer when i read the time because at this point i had been reading just the pace and nothing else

Great medals has to be the biggest and the most heaviest one I’ve ever got and a nice woolly hat well from what i can gather this is only the 4th time this race has Been run if so it was well organized and marshalled shame it’s not run a little later in the year as a nice warm day by the sea would make this race even better

Split wise 7:43, 7:41, 7:57,7:54, 7:47, 7:48, 7:48, 8:02,7:56, 7:56, 7:53, 7:56,7:30 and 1:36 for the last 0.23 miles Avg pace of 7:50

04/03/2013 at 22:27
Awesome, you all did so well at the weekend.

I plodded around 21.5km over the weekend, hoping to be 9st 10.x when I weigh in on Wednesday fingers crossed...

Struggling a bit with my left knee ok running, but when I'm at work and not moving for an hour it sort of seizes up right on the outside of my left knee. Hope it clears up soon.
05/03/2013 at 08:36
Everyone's doing marvelously! Well done!

I'm slowly getting over my shin splints which is great but have not lost anything, in fact I've gained a little! My weight, fat % and bmi have all increased

I'm running about 3-4 times a week (at the mo, I'm managing about 2.5km) and pilates once a week. I've changed my eating habits quite a bit - lean meats and lots of veg for dinner and reducing the amount of bread and sugar I eat.

I'm totally puzzled. :-/
06/03/2013 at 08:45

Hi everyone

Well done Words Toby and Spen  what great results and I too can add to that  I did Silverstone Sunday and got a PB yeeehaaaa did it in 2.15.39 the weather was just right for running and I felt so much more comfortable than last year

06/03/2013 at 09:49

9st 10.6lbs

Happy, and getting there.

06/03/2013 at 10:51

Booey well done on the PB

bookturnk the same to you on the weight loss

06/03/2013 at 11:00

Booey - well done a hattrick for us

06/03/2013 at 13:58

Congrats all.

Toby's race report says it all really - not much more to add, although I did think the water I picked up from the water stops was way too cold! Obviously it had been out in -1 degrees for a little too long!

Did 5 miles yesterday, and a long, slow, achy, wet, unenjoyable 11 miler into work this morning. Legs are still recovering from Sunday, I think. I may give my planned 5 miler tomorrow a miss...

Becky - no easy explanations, I guess - maybe it's just your body adjusting to the new diet, getting over shin splints, etc. Once you up your distances, even by a fraction, I'm sure you'll see a difference. Good luck!

06/03/2013 at 15:08

Word yes i been told i have to rest for a couple of day's by O/H after doing 10 miles on Monday and Tuesday but i think she just wants me fit enough to go out with her Saturday on her 18 miler

so have left off today’s run although having said that with the mileage so far this week i have actually covered it will rest up tomorrow and then have a 20 mile plan on Friday which i may push out to a 22 depends on the leg’s

07/03/2013 at 22:46
Didn't run today, but will do 10 miles on Saturday and a slow 20 on Sunday.
08/03/2013 at 11:32
Thanks Words, I'm just gonna keep at it and hopefully things will improve I managed a continuous 20 mins today, and although the shins were burning, it was manageable. I am so pleased, I thought I might have to give up running at one point!
08/03/2013 at 12:11

Went to see Harry Hill last night  very funny, my cheeks were aching from laughing so much

Snow and cold forecast for sunday/monday here  yuk hate it

Have a great weekend everyone

08/03/2013 at 17:59

Afternoon all

Well 22 miles for me today that’s the longest run i do was feeling tired today so decided to stick close to home so did ran 2 and 3 mile loops the whole thing took 3:31:12 with a Avg pace of 9:29m/m so not to bad as i was trying to keep the pace down and to be honest wasn’t to worry about the time more about just getting around

did struggle a bit over the last couple of miles and legs are feeling it now cut back week next week then my last big mileage run the week after  before the taper starts can’t wait

09/03/2013 at 09:51

Good effort, Toby, and a decent time too! You’ll smash your PB at Brighton, no doubt about it.

I did a hilly 9 miles round the block this morning but, again, didn’t really enjoy it. My legs feel like they’ve got no stamina at the moment. I’ve a cough and have felt a bit under the weather this week, so it’s probably all related. 20 miles to do tomorrow.

On the plus side, I bought myself a new suit yesterday, and it has to be said it’s the best fit I’ve ever had – this running is definitely helping to reshape my figure!

Have a great weekend, all.

09/03/2013 at 17:19

Afternoon all

Went out with the O/H today to keep her company on her 18 i suggested that 20 miles would be a good plan just to give her that psychological boost of knowing she could so 20miles it was

we inculpated the Bristol H/M course as part of the run as the O/H thinking of signing up for it later this year

10/03/2013 at 20:19

Sounds good, Toby - congrats to the missus for completing 20 miles.

Also did 20 today and very very nearly came in under 3 hours. With 6km to go I rounded a corner and straight into a headwind that pretty much stopped me in my tracks! Those last 6k were testing and I ended up finishing in 3hrs 7mins, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

I'm now pretty hopeful of a sub 4hr finish at the Brighton Marathon.

On the weight front, no losses to report, but no gains either. A result of sorts!

And so another weekend disappears...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.