Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,101 to 4,120 of 4,437 messages
21/03/2013 at 22:26
GO Word, go word

Go on the first uphill stretch will be idea, a bit more like a 21 not a 20, perfect

That way you will know that you've had a great final run and then it's just relaxing until the race
21/03/2013 at 22:35
Thanks, Booktrunk. Still thinking...
21/03/2013 at 23:23
Stop thinking and just go for it
22/03/2013 at 03:43

has to be better than doning tthe last 20 on your own

22/03/2013 at 14:20

Done it.

Took the plunge and signed up for Sunday's 20 mile race - the one with a six mile gradual climb. I'll let you know how I get on, assuming I can move afterwards. Managed to persuade a friend to do it with me - he's also running Brighton.

We've got bucketloads of rain but it looks like it will clear before Sunday. No snow forecast either thankfully.

22/03/2013 at 14:46

Words - good luck  your training is going so well am sure you will be fine

23/03/2013 at 01:05
Good luck

I am a silly cow. 41 and just been out to a rollerskating disco first time I've ever been skating. I now have bruises in lots of places fell over about 6 times, with no padding ouch!!
23/03/2013 at 20:18

Well me and the O/H go to Leicester although the trip up was pretty hairy at times didn't think we were going to get out for a run at all, any way we did all was going well up to 10  miles when daughters ankle started playing up and the biting head wind we'd been running into finally took it's toll on my hands even through 2 pairs gloves

and the O/H feet went numb so we cut the run short the daughter was very disapointed she had'nt manged to do the whole 20 but as we reminded her, 1 we had already said we'd keep going until we did the 20 miles or got too cold  to carry on and 2 and more importantly with just 3 weeks now till brighton it was'nt worth carring on and risking doing serious damage to her ankle

23/03/2013 at 21:26

Hi all.....I thought I would de-lurk to say that I've found reading this thread a great inspiration over the past 14 weeks since starting my training for the Paris Marathon. I've also wanted to lose weight during my training plan and trim up. My goal was to get down from 163lbs to 148lbs.

After a slow start over Xmas, my weight started to shift (thanks mainly to cutting out fast-food and cutting down on the odd tipple of beer!) and with 2 weeks left to Paris I've managed to get down 151lbs. Hopefully I can reach my goal but I'm thrilled with the progress, especially considering I've tried numerous times before to lose weight and failed every time. 

Thanks all for your help!

24/03/2013 at 17:44

Shady_Ady - welcome (belatedly!) and congratulations. What a result! Good luck for Paris. I'm hoping to do it next year so I'm looking forward to reading how you get on.

Toby - they who fight and run away live to fight another day. Absolutely the best course of action - there's not point in risking damage to joints, etc. Sounds like you had a freezing run; hope you've warmed up now.

Sounds like some of you have got the snow in a big way. Nothing here in South Wales, fortunately, but it's blinking cold.

I ran the Llanelli 20 miler today. First 6 miles were uphill. I say hill, more of a constant, dragging, grinding incline that knocks the stuffing out of your calves! Then it levels out for four miles to the turn around point. So there's another four miles (mostly) flat, then six downhill to jar the knees. Anyway, I finished in 2:50:38, which is about 15 mins faster than I've ever run 20 miles. Felt like there was a little more in the tank, too, which is a good sign for Brighton.

Also, chuffed to discover the race organisers and arranged it so you could swap your race bib for a crepe at the end of the race. Very welcome!

25/03/2013 at 23:29

Hi all...sorry I have been away for so long...just been busy doing Insanity and getting over the hernia operation...

Pleased to say...have gone from around 11.4% body fat to sub 8% now around 65kg...dropped 12kg since last April...

Back to running now, just completed the 12km x 21obstacle www.mudmasters.nl event in a gas mask.

So much has been goin on here...wow!

Edited: 25/03/2013 at 23:52
26/03/2013 at 04:58

morning all

well was supposed to do 8 yesterday but life got in the way and so only ened up with time for 5 so will have another go today

weight loss has become a problem well not so much losing it as maintaining it dropped another 5lbs today which put me at 10st so that's 3st 7lbs I've lost since i started

but on a more serious note i am now 7lbs under were i want to be and i having  already up my pro point allowance to 48 the leader of the meeting put it up another 2 points to 50

it's not that i'm not eating with what i packed away over the weekend i should have at least stayed the same as last week

oh well will need to try harder this week

Dave glad your recovering OK well done on the loss of both body fat and the weight

Shady welcome to our happy band of losers well done on the loss

Word congratulations on the time i'll be looking out for you to pace me around at Brighton

27/03/2013 at 20:24
Toby - thanks, but I'm not sure I could keep that pace going for another 6.2miles - it was hard enough at the end of the 20! Congrats on the weight loss - superb1

Dave - welcome back. Glad to hear things are going well, and congrats on the gas mask run. Good job!

Not sure whether my legs are still recovering from the 20 mile race on Sunday but they're tired and aching at the moment. I've had a couple of runs already this week, but this morning's felt tough. I'll give tomorrow's five miler a miss.

Hope all's well with you all.
30/03/2013 at 08:06

Morning all

Sorry not to have  been around but life’s been hectic with having to be in work early every day ending in an 113/4 hour night Wednesday trying to fit the training runs in and having to go car hunting on Friday as the wife has changed jobs and won’t get home in time for me to have the car

running wise did 8 on Tuesday and another 5 on Wednesday then my last longish run of 14 miles Friday this just now leaves me 3 x 5miles 1 x 6miles a 4 and a 10 and this time in 2 weeks I’ll be waking up in Brighton can’t believe I’m coming to the end of yet another 18 weeks of training i was only ever going to run one marathon

Edited: 30/03/2013 at 08:07
01/04/2013 at 14:01

Afternoon all

went to W/W today much better result back up to 10st 8lbs so am now were i wanted to be was a  naughty boy over Easter as the chocolate got rather a beating but hey it did the trick

running wise got all the 5 and 14 done last week and then 15 with the O/H on Saturday went out today and did my last LSR of 10 miles so now i have nothing over 6 left to do before Brighton

01/04/2013 at 17:12

Congrats for reaching target weight, Toby - bet it was a hardship to get through the chocolate!

I've been stupidly busy at work and haven't found much time to check in on the threads lately, but I'm still running. Did 12 miles today - that's my last long run before Brighton.

Weight-wise, I'm about the same as I've been for ages. Just seem to have reached a plateau. I think I'll get the marathon out of the way then concentrate on shorter faster runs - that should burn off a few pounds, shouldn't it?

Hope everyone's well and had a good easter.

02/04/2013 at 22:08
Hi everyone, looks like you're all doing well! I'm still in plaster (another 2 weeks until it comes off) and then I've gotta have physio so it's gonna be a while 'till I'm running again. I'm gutted

Has anyone else had torn ligaments? And if so, how long until you were back up and running?
03/04/2013 at 05:48

becky sorry i can't help you there

03/04/2013 at 08:51

So after my year of quite strict dieting when i loose 6 stone I said to myself i'm having a break and going to enjoy myself, which I did... no looking at the scales for 2 weeks, and I put on 6 lbs !! eeeek.  Not sure if i'd stabilise around here now or keep going up a bit more!  Anyway back to the grindstone as of today

9st 13lbs going to try to loose a bit again and get to 9st 7lbs again and see if I can eat sensibly but well and hover around that weight.  If I can get there again... it might be harder after my two weeks of treats hehe

03/04/2013 at 12:40

bookturnk have to say i am finding this maintenances lark is a lot harder than losing the weight i am now hoping though that now the mileage has dropped of my weight won't go up and down so much

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.