Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,121 to 4,140 of 4,437 messages
04/04/2013 at 10:35

Hi.

Becky - sorry, no experience of that, so can't help. Hope you're back out running soon.

Booktrunk - a little fluctuation here or there isn't such a bad thing, and I'm sure you'll get the maintenance side of things under control quickly!

I'm taking an enforced break from running for a couple of weeks. Brighton Marathon on 14 April and here's me with what I think is Metatarsalgia - a pain in the ball of my left foot. I think it's just a question of RICE and ibuprofen, and I'm hoping it's not going to impact on the marathon...

It does feel unnatural to be 10 days out from the marathon and not training.

04/04/2013 at 10:51

Good luck Words I hope it sorts itself out.  I've been off running way to much with what I now think is an ITB Issue so at the moment i'm running through it and trying to do the odd bit of self massage and it seems to be okish....  MK Marathon is 6th of May so looming on the horizon very soon... nervous

04/04/2013 at 15:33

Words - I had nearly 2 weeks off before my last half and I really think it helped  I know a full mara is alot different but I am sure you will be fine - good luck

I have had a couple of little runs in the last few days, so getting back to it  

Looking at a doggie the weekend so I may have a four legged running buddy soon  cant wait

*waves* to everyone and hope your all ok

06/04/2013 at 13:14

i have to say i feel most strange it’s a Saturday and i haven’t got to go out with O/H for a run she only had a 3 mile run today which she’s taken herself of for so I’ve had a nice lay in this morning got to say i could get use to this have a few niggles which i hope will sort them self out next week as i only have a 5 and 4 mile run left which i may do Monday and Tuesday to get them out the way then rest up till Sunday

We catch the train Friday morning and so are hoping to be able to collect our numbers on Friday afternoon and then have a good look around the Exbo

09/04/2013 at 03:47

went to W/W yesterday weigh in went OK and although i lost a 1.5lb am still around the 10st 7lb mark which is what i want to be for Brighton though Thursday will be a test as were going to an all you can eat Buffy restaurant as it the O/H birthday then up early Friday to catch the train to Brighton

runing wise just 5 miles yesterday leaving just one more run till Brighton took it nice and slow and with no Garmin on as it's in my suitcase i have no idea of the time just enjoyed the run

09/04/2013 at 12:04

Yippee we are getting the dog  her name is Poppy she is a Springer and nearly 4 years old  get her later in the month after our holiday.....so excited, fingers crossed I may be able to run with her

I have been very slack and done hardly any running  I shall be out for one later

Toby - loads of luck for Brighton

09/04/2013 at 12:34

Booey thank you Poppy sounds lovely

10/04/2013 at 15:46

Well I managed just under 5 miles last night  at least I got out

11/04/2013 at 04:27

of out for  meal tonight as it's the O/H birthday then up early Friday as we catch the train to Brighton at 9.20 am when we arrive it will be dump the bags and off down the Exbo to collect our number and sign up for next year also have a massage booked

11/04/2013 at 09:50

Hello again!

Back after a few days away up North with the family.

My foot still isn't right, but it is much better than it was last week, so I'm reasonably optimistic that I'll get round the Brighton marathon in one piece. Managed to get a couple of 3-4 milers in this week, and all seems well.

Booey - Poppy sounds adorable!

Toby - good luck for Sunday!

11/04/2013 at 10:16

Words - lots of luck with Brighton  fingers crossed the foot will be fine come the day  let us know how you get on

11/04/2013 at 11:25

Word hope your foot holds up good luck to as well on Sunday

11/04/2013 at 11:51

Toby & Words - good luck for sunday, I wish I was joining you take care and have fun

11/04/2013 at 11:52

Boottrunk are you doing MK Marathon, I am also doing it

11/04/2013 at 13:33

First time poster on this thread.....started my assault on my weight on Monday, currently at 119kg and will post next Monday what i am then.

11/04/2013 at 14:13

KeefG welcome to the thread hope the weight loss gose well

12/04/2013 at 07:40

Hi all,

yes I'm still alive! Good luck to both Toby and Words for Sunday, I hope you both have a great day and great runs. 

KeefG - Welcome to the thread, you'll find plenty of help and support here

Booey - Enjoy your puppy

My weight loss has stalled recently but my running seems to be getting better, I ran 17 miles on Monday morning as part of my mara training. I then took part in the Gravesend Cyclopark 10k on Wednesday evening and managed a PB of 59.09, first time I've gone undfer an hour in a race. I'm very pleased with that. I've got 8 to do today and then 18 on Sunday morning.

12/04/2013 at 13:17

Gary - hello! Glad to hear all's well running-wise. My weight loss has stalled as well - quite bizarre given the miles I'm racking up. What marathon are you training for.

Oh, and massive congrats on breaking the hour for a 10k!

KeefG - welcome! What are your goals - running and weight-wise?

12/04/2013 at 13:31

My goals are 110kg by 9th June which equates to 1kg per week lost, which in turn will enable me to train harder and be able to run further as I'm doing the Scotland Coast to Coast in September this year.

Day 2 has a 24km run up part of Ben Nevis and this is after 54km of cycling

At present i'm nearly at 5km, awful long way to go....

12/04/2013 at 13:33

Keefg an ambitious target but good luck, you will do it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.