Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,141 to 4,160 of 4,437 messages
12/04/2013 at 14:07

Words , I'm running the Kent Roadrunner marathon on 1st June. It's 17 laps around the Cyclopark in Gravesend, which is a 2 mile run from my house. www.kentroadrunner.com  I certainly won't be running to the race, and I can't imagine I'll be running anywhere afterwards! It's the same course that I ran my 10k on on Wednesday, if anybody's interested http://connect.garmin.com/activity/296180617. I've chosen this one as it's local and should I run into problems, not that I'm expecting to, then help is close to hand. Also there are toilets and a cafe on site so my wife can come and watch!

KeefG - I've checked back on my weight loss chart, I like numbers, and I lost just under 8 1/2 kilos in the first 8 weeks of my fitness regime so you should be ok to do it. And good luck with your challenge.

14/04/2013 at 19:46
*STANDS UP AND CHEERS*

@toby3 take a bow!!! What a fantastic race at Brighton.
14/04/2013 at 19:58

evening all

well sub 4 hour achieve so new PB of 3:37:09 beating last years time by 23:19

14/04/2013 at 20:13

Well done Toby, that's an excellent time.

15/04/2013 at 07:56

Toby3 - what a fantastic achievement, well done

15/04/2013 at 08:15

Toby...WOW!

15/04/2013 at 11:44

Update as follows:

First weighed on Thursday 4th April - 119.6kg

Weighed myself this morning - 116.6kg

Definitely going in the right direction

15/04/2013 at 11:47

Hey that's great Well done Keef

Just keep on going.

15/04/2013 at 14:15

Toby - thats an amazing achievement  well done  you must be incredibly proud

Keef - well done on the weight loss

15/04/2013 at 17:41

Toby, simply amazing. Legend!

I once heard someone say that they "unravelled" during a marathon and I didn't really get what they meant until yesterday. By 8 miles or so I reckon I was on course for 3:53ish, definitely sub-4, but by mile 13 I was ready to quit. The problem I've had for a couple of weeks in the ball of my left foot flared up, so I felt like I was running on a marble. Then it blistered. I dragged myself round though, but gutted to come in at 4:41 (20 mins slower than my Berlin time!). And I caught the sun, so my head is nice and shiny red!

The positives? 1) I finished, and gained mental strength, 2) the crowds were amazing, 3) it wasn't raining like it was on Saturday - that would have made for a very different race.

And, of course, no matter what pain I thought I was going through, a death on the course puts everything into sharp perspective, doesn't it? Sincere condolences to the family.

Keef - good work!

Gary - looks fun, enjoy!

17/04/2013 at 12:11

Words - well done on completing  dont beat yourself up, you knew the foot problem could be an issue.  To finish the full course after nearly giving up at mile 13 is a good effort in my book  well done

And yes, after finding out about the death and then the tragic events of Boston it does put things into perspective.  I was out doing 3.5 miles on the beautiful country lanes near home when the news broke, when I got home and heard it really shook me and made me realise just how lucky I am to get out and run full stop

We had Poppy for the day on Sunday and introduced her to where she will be living, she seemed fine.  The next time will be for good so I really hope she can settle overnight etc .....fingers crossed

Off to Spain for a week this Saturday  really looking forward to a break in the sun

17/04/2013 at 12:16

Weight wise doing well.  I celebrated my year of dieting by having two weeks off and I put on half a stone in the two weeks.  I got very carried away pigging out and it was easter, had lots of scrummy food that i've hardly been eating, so ribs one night, followed by going out to ed's diner the night after etc... fun!!

Anyway been back in the saddle for two weeks now.  Decided to eat more, but only a little more used all my ww points including my weeklies.  and a few of my running points so a decent amount of food and in two weeks i've got back down to 9st 8.5lbs which is great.

just under 3 weeks until my second marathon.  I'm currently thinking should i hover around this weight or try to diet hard to loose a few more lbs for the mara. 

Edited: 17/04/2013 at 12:39
17/04/2013 at 12:35

booey hope poppy settles in well when she finally come to stay

booktrunk well done on getting back down to 9st 8.5lbs i'm on holiday this week think the weight may have gone up a little

been out today for my first post Brighton run did 8miles along the sea front made a nice change to be able to enjoy the view as it's the last part of the course i  don't usually have time to take it in

Edited: 17/04/2013 at 12:37
19/04/2013 at 06:59

Well  going home today due to catch the train at 10 so another year at Brighton comes to a close no time for resting though Bristol 10k on May 5th and then the Bradley stoke 10k on June the 9th which happens to be my 50th birthday

i think i have definitely lost a little focus since hitting goal and now Brighton is over even more so this week as it was my mine goal for losing the weight now however i must give myself a good kick up the bum and as from Monday get back to it as Sam the group leader said the other day need to be that new member again

Also my daughter has lost a lot of weight but after running Sunday and nearly collapsing after the finished has realized she also needs to be more focused about her weight loss and we have said that once my wife hits target and becomes a gold member we will pay for a monthly pass for her so how hypocritical would it be for me to encourage her then put the weight back on my self

so back to it Monday with a new focus and commitment on my part

Edited: 19/04/2013 at 07:00
19/04/2013 at 14:51

Toby you and your family sound very focused and I think you will all soon be back to where you want to be

Well I am off to Spain tomorrow for a weeks holiday and I will get some running in thats for sure  looking forward to running by the sea again

Happy running everyone and have a great weekend

22/04/2013 at 09:16

Last Monday morning - 116.5kg

This morning - 114kg

Definitely going in the right direction

22/04/2013 at 11:08

Morning all

The wife has had to change W/W meeting as she changed her job and as it was on a Saturday morning so we went before we went out for a run my wife managed to half a pound despite the fact we were on holiday last week me how ever put 3lbs on  

though having said that it wasn’t as bad as i thought it was going to be that took me up to 10st 9.5lbs which was still half a pound under my target weigh and only 2.5lbs over the weight i had set my self

Any way took myself of to my meeting today and have already lost 1.5lbs so i am now back to 10st 8lbs just a pound over my target weight

23/04/2013 at 12:06

went to the weigh in yesterday and great news managed to lose a 1.5 pounds of the 3lbs i had put on over the holiday and that was from the weigh in i went to Saturday so now i am only 0.5lbs over what my target

Have to say i am happy to keep my weight now between 10st 5lbs and 10st 8lb but physiological it looks better if i am between 10st 05lbs and 10st 7lbs as it mean i lost 3st and not 2st 13lbs

It was a good meeting for me and Sam hit a few home truths about tracking and if you go over your daily allowance not to be afraid to keep on tracking what you had even if you do

And don’t be afraid to go into your activity points and weekly points i always felt i failed if i had to go into them which is daft as when i started my W/W adventure i was always using all my activity and a good chunk of my weekly and still losing weight

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 12:07
23/04/2013 at 12:30

3rd December, 2012 - 13st 11.5lbs (EEK!!!!)

22nd April, 2013 - 12st 3.5lbs (thank you, slimming world)

Target - 11st 7lbs (though may end up going for 11st eventually).

There have been times since December when the weight has crept back up for no apparent reason but then it started heading down again (phew). 

Have you ever tried to pick up 1st 7lbs?  It's shocking how heavy it is.

23/04/2013 at 21:45
Yes, it's me! I'm back! Not that I've been away, just not found time to post.

Haven't run since Brighton, but I'm giving my foot a chance to recover - it's still not right, but definitely on the mend. I'm still disappointed with the way the marathon worked out but I'm a lot more relaxed and philosophical about it all.

There will be other marathons - I'm thinking Paris, Wales, and possibly Chester next year for a three marathon challenge! That's assuming the family will let me! All just a faint idea in my tiny mind at present.

My next challenge will be to get my 10k PB time down below 50mins, and I think I'll tackle the Cardiff half in October and try and get closer to 1:45.

Weight wise, I seem to have slipped up and need to lose 13lbs to get to my target weight. So, the new regime starts on Monday once I've got this rest week out of the way!

Anaya - it's surprising how heavy each lb really is, isn't it. Even a pound of carrots is surprisingly heavy! Good luck with the weight loss!

Toby - seems like you've got the right approach. I'm sure you'll be focused again soon!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.