Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,161 to 4,180 of 4,437 messages
24/04/2013 at 04:09

Word hope the foot mends soon

24/04/2013 at 16:20

Good luck with your weight loss and upcoming events, Word.  Hope your foot is better soon.

27/04/2013 at 06:51

Morning all

Did some cross training yesterday well if you can count cutting the grass and hedge for the first this year what with all the extra training runs with Poohbear just haven’t had the time to get out there

which did mean i never went for a run which is quite alien as you could count the Fridays  on one hand that I’ve not run this year must say it was nice to be able to miss a run and not feel guilty about it

of to bed in a minute as I’ve just got in from work had stock take last night  when i get up will then go out with Poohbear for a 6 mile run

28/04/2013 at 12:53

Afternoon all

Well should have been 6 miles yesterday with Poohbear but in the end we cut it short and did 4.75 as both of us were feeling tired i never got home from work until 6.30am Saturday morning after spending all night counting as it was out stock take and Poohbear first gym session on Wednesday with a PT caught up with her as muscles she never knew she had were hurting

won’t be doing a lot of running this week as we have the Bristol 10k next Sunday so it’s a mini taper week will go out Monday and do 8 miles but then it will just be a couple of 3’s the intention after that will be to try and do at least a 10, 8 and two 5’s a week up until training for the Bristol H/M starts

Edited: 28/04/2013 at 12:54
29/04/2013 at 20:24

Glad to hear you and Poohbear are still active and getting more races under your belts, Toby. Good luck for Bristol - what time are you aiming for?

I went for a three miler on Saturday and am pleased to report my foot seems to be holding up. WIll go for another shortish run tomorrow to see how it fares. Did a 1km swim this evening, so I'll count that as my cross training for the week (that and the four hours of digging in the garden on Sunday...)

30/04/2013 at 05:37

will aim to get under 49 minutes but the way my ri=un went today it's more than likely going to be an 1hr and 40 some thing glad the foot holding up

weight wise i am now back to 10st 7lbs so have lost all the weight i put on when i was on holiday have entered the ballot for London for the 3rd time

04/05/2013 at 08:16

Hi Toby n everyone.

snap I'm in the london ballot as well.

diet wise I'd let myself get up to 9st 12lbs but back down to 9st 9 which is my target weight at 135lbs

My 2nd marathon on Monday so going to put on a lb or so by then I think

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 08:18
04/05/2013 at 13:45

booktrunk well done on the weight loss wife just started at a new meet on a Saturday morning so as I've been trying to drop a couple of pounds for the race tomorrow went as well and found i lost 2.5 lbs so at the moment i'm 10st 4.5

04/05/2013 at 19:07

hope it's not too late to join your group in here...

A few things about me:

I've just completed London marathon which was my second marathon ever... in a time 55 min slower than my PB! While I am really pleased to have done it, I would like to get faster and I think a good way of doing that would be to lose some weight. I'm about 2 stone heavier than I should be to be at a BMI of 25. I need to find the motivation and help to try to push myself on intervals and tempo runs to pick up my pace - any advice on both running and weightloss as well as any good cross training are most welcome!

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 19:23
04/05/2013 at 21:05

Evening all

well race gear shorted number pin on and timing chip through the shoes laces will be up at 6 tomorrow have breakfast about 6.30 and out the door by 7am like to get there early and bet the queue for the loos

I'm in with the big boys tomorrow white wave never been in the white wave before I’m normal red or green should be good for a laugh trying to keep up with some of them tomorrow

chubby tortoise welcome to the thread i can certainly vouch for losing weight making you faster in October last year i was 3 stone heavier than i am now as i lost the weight i found myself getting faster did my first ever sub 50 minute 10k in march taking 3 minutes of my time

by March i had lost more weight running my first ever sub 1:45:00 H/M taking 8 minutes of my PB and in April i ran the Brighton marathon for the 4th time coming home in 3:37:09 taking 23 minutes 19 seconds of my PB  

so i would defiantly say that the weight lose has helped i how ever joined weight watcher to do so as i had been trying to lose the weight for the past 3 years on my own without any luck this route may nor appeal to you but it may be worth giving it a try try signing up for some races having something to aim for help me keep focused

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 21:09
05/05/2013 at 08:43

Good luck tortoise I'm another weight watchers fan. It reslkyhelps to educate you on portion control. 

but really it's all about just ensuring you have an appropriate amount of calories coming in. 

You need to drop  3,500 calories a week from the average for your sex to loose on average 1lb a week. So if a girl tortoise try for under 1450 calories a day and about 1950 off a boy tortoise

in theory if you do this sort of thing then slowly but surely you will loose wright the running of course helps, but not if you overdo the sports drinks etc... As you can end up eating / drinking more calories then you are loosing, so yes you are getting fitter but not necessarily loosing weight. 

loosing wright is a lot more about the diet then the exercise. 

personally my biggest tips are dump all sweets / crisps and replace with fresh fruit, and don't waste calories on drinks. So i have all my drinks as low calorie drinks or water. When in diet mode

now I've lost the weight I'm a lot more flexible but was strict whilst dieting hard. 

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 08:45
05/05/2013 at 14:15

Afternoon all

well Bristol 10k done and dusted an i am now the proud owner of a new PB according to my Gamin getting around in 46:16 taking 3:08 of the time i set at Longleat early this year a beautiful day for running sun was out but the was a nice cooling breeze at times

Split wise 7:33, 7:32, 7:26, 7:27, 7:17, 7:01 with an overall pace of 7:20m/m

05/05/2013 at 18:03

Wow, well done toby3!!! I'm well impressed, I can only dream of a 10K under an hour!

Thank you for your kind support book trunk and toby3, I have done weight watchers several times before and I know it works. Last time I managed to lose 5 stone but I always end up putting some weight back on Which is  why I have to make a fresh start. I'm currently trying to find the motivation to start writing down what I eat as well as doing the "pointing" of the food. I also have a feeling it's a little bit of the post marathon blues kicking in, I have no real desire to run right now, but I know that any type of exercise will help with weightloss too.

Tomorrow I will do my 10K base line race. I have decided  to try the high intensity interval training twice a week and so want a 10k time from before to compare my time at the end of the year. I have also vowed  to try to get to more club runs as I should try to run faster  to keep up with the rest of the group. This along with some cross training (trying to get into TRX) as well as yoga should (in theory) make me fit as a fiddle! well... on paper anyway...

06/05/2013 at 13:45

afternoon all

rest day today then my training plan for the Bristol H/M starts tomorrow the aim is to try and ues it to get my training pace down to 8:00 m/m pace by the time the race Happens in September

06/05/2013 at 19:00

4:56:13 in the heat, 34m pb. I'm over the moon... diet has taken a hammering in the last couple of days, even more so tonight, I have two steaks lined up for the barbie who cares I'm celebrating. 

07/05/2013 at 03:29

booktrunk well done ion the time as you say especially considering how hot it was yesterday i think you have ever right to celebrate

07/05/2013 at 13:20

Booktrunk - well done for yesterday it was a really hot day, I managed 4:08:25 so not quite a pb. The heat was a killer, i was alright up to about 23 miles then lost about 10 mins in 3 miles, but finished and got my medal.

08/05/2013 at 20:31

Hi folks. Still here. Stiland busy and finding no time to post, and little time to run. Still got a dodgy foot (has been ok, but today's 10k has set the the niggle again). Still eating too much and not exercising enough.

Might disappear for a while so I don't feel guilty about not posting or keeping up with everyone. Congrats on the new PB Toby - superb. Huge congrats Booktrunk - great work! And a 34 minute PB - wow!!

Hope to be back sooner rather than later. TTFN

10/05/2013 at 11:15

Booktrunk Toby & Spen - well done all of you  

Had a great time in Spain then picked Poppy our new springer spaniel up a week ago  so my life is alittle hectic at the moment but she has settled in very well

Running has taken a back seat at the moment but am hoping to incorporate into her morning fields walk within the next couple of weeks  managed a 3.5 mile quick run on sunday and thats it

10/05/2013 at 11:43

morning all

well weight wise am now staying perrty much constant going between 10st 6.5lbs and 10st 08lbs most weeks training for the Bristol H/M started this week and i must say it feel odd as the longest run i have is an 11 mile one after all the high mileage i was doing

lots of lovly 3's and 4's

Booey glad you had a great time and the puppies settling well

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.