Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,281 to 4,300 of 4,437 messages
12/07/2013 at 04:31

Morning all

well i haven't run now for 2 days just been to tierd after a busy night at work but must get out today for some from of run

booktrunk sounds like your toning up nicly

12/07/2013 at 15:52

Getting there Toby

12/07/2013 at 19:46

well got out for my run boy it was hot so split the run down again into three 5 mile loops and a 6 stopping after every loop for 10 minutes to take on water and lucozade and to cool down even had an ice lolly after the 3rd time around

Hoping i haven’t to burnt as i plastered the sun tan lotion on before going out

15/07/2013 at 03:47

Morning all

off to  weight watchers and then afterward 10 miles if it real hot again i will split down into two 5 mile loops again

Will have to wear a t-shirt today as i got caught really badly on my shoulders Friday and they blistered so need to keep cover up until they heal

15/07/2013 at 08:15

Ouch! Sounds painful, Toby. Be careful out there!

It's a little too warm for running for my liking, but I'm still going. I'm not getting as much running is as I would like for one reason or another, and I'm also getting a recurrent pain in my foot - it kicks in about an hour or so after every run, lasts for 12 hours or so, then goes. Strange.

Sounds like you're all doing OK. Stay cool!

15/07/2013 at 08:51

Toby: OUCH!! You daft wombat!! I did that many years ago... Not nice be very careful!!

I staggered around 19k saturday am and felt faint and sick so just gave up then, toasty hot!

Diet wise i did my normal now, I have a good working week but blow it all over the weekend and seem to stay about the same weight overall no matter how much running or dieting i do, as I keep blowing it at the weekend   But spent Sunday at Trent Bridge watching us win the Test against Australia so was worth it. 

15/07/2013 at 10:32

Morning all, still very nice weather out there, though was a bit foggy this morning.

Completely forgot to weigh last week so got around to it yesterday.

The last time I weighed (14 days ago) I was a bit confused as although nothing had changed I had put 1 lb on, the first time I had seen any increase since I started weighing.  Anyway that was just a blip it seems, as I have lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks, so happy with that as I am still trying to lose quite a bit of weight.

16/07/2013 at 04:28

Morning all

Well 10 miles for me yesterday as it was hot i broke it down into two 5 mile loops stopping in the house for a cold drink between the 2 loops have to say the heats playing havoc with my speed i was nearly 10 minutes slower today than a couple of weeks ago

went to weight watchers for my weigh in and have somehow lost another 0.5lb as i do exactly what booktrunk dose am good all week then Saturday bam it like my crazy head takes over and all self control goes out the window

16/07/2013 at 04:33

have a look at this i found it really helpful and it were i got the idea to split my runs down into loops

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/10-Essential-Tips-for-Running-and-Racing-in-the-Summer-Heat.htm

Edited: 16/07/2013 at 04:39
17/07/2013 at 05:03

Morning all

well no run for me yesterday so must get out to day for one just 5 miles to do then a recovery run on the treadmill Thursday using a run walk will miss my long run this week as were of up to Leicester to see Snowmaiden and help her move into her new home

22/07/2013 at 04:25

not a good weigh in on Saturday put on 1.5 lbs last week all i can say is i must get out for a run today

23/07/2013 at 03:58

Morning all

well got out for my run yesterday 6 miles in 55 minutes just down loaded it and most of the splits were back in the 8 range so well pleased

weight wise went to my weight watchers meeting yesterday to weigh and was back down to 10st 4lbs work that out as when i weighed at my daughters meeting Saturday i was a 1.5lb heavier

23/07/2013 at 13:21

Morning everyone.

Very hard weekend for me (stag weekend drinking session) proved a major blip in my training but had to be done, and was one to remember!  On the scales yesterday and I had put on just over 5 lbs in the last week (all of which must be from the weekend as up until thursday night I was doing my normal thing). I didnt go nuts eating wise but there was a lot of drinking, 3 days solid worth basically with pretty much no time for sleeping. Hard work but great fun, lol.

So I'm now over that little hurdle in my training and back on track.  Hopefully it wont take me too long to shift this gain, though I lost 8 lbs in the 2 weeks prior to this, so my weight can go up or down all too easily it seems.

Simon

24/07/2013 at 03:41

Morning all

Well 10 mile for me yesterday and no it was no cooler after the thunder storm i must say it felt like a struggle and i was expecting the splits to be poor but i have just down loaded them and to my surprise all but two were in the 8’s

It took me 1:30:35 not the quickest by a long stretch in fact it’s just over 6 minutes slower than it was 6 weeks ago but comparing it to week 12 training for the GNR which is what i trained for this time last year I’m well over 10 minutes quicker

Simon i know what you mean about the weight it's a constant battle for me I’ve only got to look at a cram cake and i gain 5lbs or that’s how it feels hope the weight comes off quickly for you

Edited: 24/07/2013 at 03:42
28/07/2013 at 12:53

Afternoon all

15 miles for me Friday ran up to the running shop as i need new running shoes gone for a pair of brooks tried i different running shop this time and as it was up buy were Poohbear works dropped them off on the way home and then carried on

30/07/2013 at 23:33

Hello all.

Weighed today, after putting that 5 lbs on during that heavy stag weekend last week, I was happy to see I have lost 4 lbs this last week, so back on track now after that little hurdle.

Toby - good going

30/07/2013 at 23:43

I've gained 4Ibs....have been doing a lot of gym/strengthening lately so that MAY be it, or just eating too much.

31/07/2013 at 11:40

Morning all

went to one of wife’s gym sessions Monday the firm she works for pay for the staff to go and they have a session with a PT felt all right afterwards but went out for a run yesterday and boy did i struggled legs were like lead did just under 7.75 miles took me just over an hour

weight wise put on 1.5lbs but i have been on holiday this week

01/08/2013 at 12:44

Glad all seem to be good, I have my 100 mile ultra tomorrow, mixture of nerves and excitement, the good thing will get through about 15000 calories so can eat what I want when finished.

taek care everyone

01/08/2013 at 16:30

Spen good luck

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.