Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,301 to 4,320 of 4,437 messages
03/08/2013 at 07:28

Morning all

hope the weight loss is going well

did 5 miles on Wednesday but have been resting up as we have a friend coming down from Cricklade today and were going to run part of the Bristol H/M course it gives me a chance to practice pacing her before the big day and her a chance to see how far she can run at that pace

this is the third time I’ve had ago at trying to get her under the 2hr mark we usually try when we run the Cricklade H/M the first year i help her knock 23 minutes of her time but last year she wasn’t really up for it and she drop of the pace

this year however she more determined as she wants’ to go sub 4 hr at Brighton this year we thought we have ago at breaking the sub 2hr at Bristol as it the first in a set of 3 we run very close to tougher in fact last year we run the Bristol, Cricklade and Swindon H/M on consecutive Sundays

05/08/2013 at 04:26

will probably do 10 today if i get up in time to go to the early weight watchers meeting if not it and i over sleep  will be 5 as i won’t have time to do 10 and go to later weight watchers meeting

06/08/2013 at 13:24

Well finished my 100 miler in 23hrs 42mins and 31 secs, and came 7th out of 24 starters, it was a really tough experience and some really good memories and mixed emotions, I could not have done it without my wife crewing for me.

See you are keeping up the good work Toby

06/08/2013 at 22:11

Wow well done Spen, what a fantastic achievement fair play! Immense stuff even just finishing that, let alone finishing 7th too.

My success this week isn't quite on the same scale I admit, but I lost 7 lbs this week so I've lost all that I had put on the other weekend (3 day stag binge drinking session), and some more, so I'm back on track again.

07/08/2013 at 05:35

Morning all

well must get out for a run today had every intention of doing one yesterday but got watching Doctor Who with my son so it never happened

Spen many congratulation on the 100miles

Simon well done on the weight loss

07/08/2013 at 12:45

SimonH - well done on your weight loss,

Toby3 - thanks

I think I may get out for a run tomorrow morning, just a short 4 miler or something, the blisters have settled and managed to get the toenail off last night that was loose

take care everyone

08/08/2013 at 12:13

no run this morning, might have ago tomorrow, take care everyone

09/08/2013 at 12:49

managed a 3 mile run this morning legs still really heavy

09/08/2013 at 13:11

afternoon all

must get out for a run in a minute weight wise still the same 10st 6lbs

11/08/2013 at 21:45

Hi all.

Spen - awesome. What more's to be said?

SimonH - congrats on the weight loss. Great effort.

Toby - good to see you and the missus are still working as a team! I'm sure she'll get sub-four at Brighton.

I've been out of circulation for a bit - annual leave from work, busy with house/garden stuff, etc. But I've managed to keep running to a certain extent: I found some good hilly routes whilst we were in Dartmouth last week which kept me out of mischief, and rewarded me with great views.

I've got the Swansea 10k in September (determined to go sub-50), the Men's Health Survival of the Fittest 10k obstacle race a week later, then the Cardiff Half the week after that, so I've a lot to occupy me!

(The obstacle race will be a challenge - upper body strength to get me over the 8ft walls could be an issue...)

Then it'll downhill all the way to the Paris Marathon in April, all being well.

Weightwise, I daren't look...

12/08/2013 at 03:57

Word glad to hear your still running good luck with all the race you have coming up

13/08/2013 at 04:35

went to my weigh in on Monday got good put on 2lbs last week so that's a total of 4 over the last 4 weeks will have to knuckle down again

13/08/2013 at 08:49

Think it's that time of year, Toby - got to relax a bit over the summer, mate!

13/08/2013 at 11:20

Weighed yesterday, gained 3 lbs this week.

As ever, my weight is quick to plus or minus in quite large swings but in general its still coming down so I am not worrying and just keeping on in the same routine. There were no changes this week (in my diet or training, except my long run was 5k shorter) from the week prior where I lost 7 lbs, so I still get a bit confused as to what eactly goes on. I am happy with my overall progress as the average loss is still mainting at nearly 2lbs a week even after losing 10 stone. Funny old thing this weight loss.

13/08/2013 at 13:08

Yes there does seem to be no rhyme no reason to it

15/08/2013 at 04:41

Morning all

Had a rest day yesterday but must get a run in today even if it's just a 3 mile recovery run on the treadmill

had an email yesterday morning to say my replacement Garmin was on its way just looked at the delivery tracker for UPS and according too that it should be here today so that’s a 4 day turn around

15/08/2013 at 11:48

well my Garmin arrived today well impressed

15/08/2013 at 18:43

My weight has definitely gone up (by about 5 Ibs) since my running training has fallen by the wayside due to an achilles problem.  Getting checked out after the house move in 3 weeks.

I'm now confined to the gym and walking  

16/08/2013 at 21:42

Evening all

Well left my run late today as i only intended to do a short run today the idea was to run up to where the wife works to surprise her and get a lift home as it turned out i was the one that ended up being surprised as i almost got to where she works only to get a phone call from here to say that she had left early to go to the doctors and was at home

So I had to turn around and come home again so in the end ended up doing 10 miles at least the new Garmin got a good workout

Weight wise off to the wife’s weight watchers meeting to weigh I'm 10st by ours but we will have to wait and see as there always a difference

Edited: 16/08/2013 at 21:43
19/08/2013 at 15:15

Perfect running conditions today 10 miles down in 1:27:33 which is an Avg pace of 8:35 m/m

weight wise i have now lost 3 of the 4 lbs i put on so just 1lbs to go

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.