Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

4,321 to 4,340 of 4,437 messages
20/08/2013 at 11:29

Hello all.

Following on from my above post where I gained 3lbs, I have lost 5 lbs in the week since then. Still maintaining an average loss of around 2 lbs a week so I'm still happy with how its all going.

I have passed all targets I had set to myself originally (was never set in stone as such, but I knew I had a lot to lose), so now I'm not too bothered about a specific weight target. I'm just happy getting fitter, but I'm still watching my weight every week which is proving interesting to be honest. Quite mad how it works, but glad to see its still going down overall.

Simon

20/08/2013 at 12:54

Simon well done on getting past your targets that's some thing i never manged to do on my own

20/08/2013 at 13:01

Cheers Toby. To be fair I had a lot to lose. My target was more of an unrealistic dream when I started, but thankfully proved to be much more realistic than I imagined.

22/08/2013 at 03:26

had a rest day yesterday must get out for a run today

01/09/2013 at 10:26

hate to think what I've put on this week as I've been on holiday

03/09/2013 at 05:45

went to my weigh in yesterday and l had lost 2.5lbs of the for i put on last week which was a bit of a surprise

08/09/2013 at 20:42

Still losing weight here, another couple of pounds off this week so I'm still at the lightest I've ever been in my adult life. Not actively trying to lose weight now as such, just continuing to eat well and train well. I don't mind seeing it coming of as I'm still technically overweight, even though I'm now happy with where I am. Average weight loss is still about 1.5 lbs a week

09/09/2013 at 03:52

Simon well done on the weight loss i to am just maintaining my weight now I am hopping when i weigh today to have lost the 1.5lbs i put on when i was on holiday

14/09/2013 at 23:50

Hi toby3 and everyone else.

Well this week I made it below 60kg for the first time in 20 years 59.8kg 9st 5.5lbs total loss 86.5lbs

16/09/2013 at 03:52

Booktrunk well done to you great achievement i seem to go between 10st 4lbs and 10st 7.5lbs these day’s although saying that i did get up to 10st 9lbs after my holiday so had to crack down a bit

16/09/2013 at 12:59

Hi all,

One of these weeks I'll find time to post regularly! Congrats to all on weight loss efforts - especially Booktrunk and SimonH, and to Toby for shifting the holiday lbs.

I've been pretty indifferent about running/weight loss lately but determined to get back into it now - I think my poor run at Brighton dampened my enthusiasm. Anyway I need to shift about a stone, and I've got three races lined up: Swansea 10k on Sunday, Cardiff 10k/Men's Health obstacle race the week after, and Cardiff Half the week after that.

And I've just secured my place in the Paris Marathon, so that's my Spring 26.2 sorted!

I'm back up to running 10miles ish reasonably comfortably, but I need to put some effort in!

Back soon!

16/09/2013 at 14:27

afternoon all

Well went to my weigh in this morning and am now down to 10st 4ls so have lost all the weight i put on when i was on holiday

Pace a friend around the Bristol H/M yesterday as she was going for her first ever sub 2 hr and glad to report after the 3 year of trying we came home in 1:58:01

Next race for me is the Cricklade H/M were I'm going to have a crack at my PB then i have the Swindon H/M the following weekend and then the Devizes H/M the weekend after

Word great to hear from you hope the running goes well

07/10/2013 at 09:28

Morning wanted to give this thread a kick back to the top as it's been a good one in the past and lots of VLM Newbiies seem to be around and talking about weight loss as well as running. 

After my ultra I pigged out for a week and a half until my weekly weigh in last Wednesday I had gone from my all time low pre ultra at 59.8 or so to 62.5kg I've managed since last Wednesday to eat sensible and back down to 60.6 today.  So it's more a case I guess of it being a temporary bloat after my run.

My last long run of the year this weekend.  Leicester Marathon, after that I am hoping to just relax and chill out until the new year with shorter easier runs, then I have to get my arse in gear for next years stuff that i've got carried away and signed up for already.  (OOPS) but the diet side seems to be good at the moment. I still have way more energy then I would have though possible 18 months ago.

I still don't have great will power / self control when it actually comes to eating a few sweets. I find that I have to buy individually wrapped things like a pack of green and blacks mini chocolate bars... As I still struggle when i open a big bar to put 2/3rds of it back in the cupboard, wine gums are a real weakness I love them.  Not sure if i'm just using it as an excuse to buy more expensive chocolate But hey it works for me. 

I still try to have apples and bananas available in a fruit bowl in the living room every day. that makes such a difference still having it there, it also makes you feel a bit guilty if you want to nibble at calorific things when you see the fruit sitting there, that has to be eaten or it will go off.

07/10/2013 at 13:18

hi Bootrunk

yes it’s been a while must say i have let it slip posting on here still going to weight watchers every week and have to say my weight says pretty constant now ranging from 10st 4lbs to 10st 6lbs although after my holiday in August it did creep up to 10st 9lbs

Ran Bristol H/m last month when i paced Yvonne around to her first sub 2hr and have just started our three H/M in a row for this year with Cricklade next Sunday we have Swindon and the weekend after Devizes last year it was Bristol, Cricklade and Swindon

weight wise i will be over 3st lighter going into Swindon this year than i was last hope the Leicester marathon i nearly ran it in 2010 but got injured and dropped down and did the H/m instead  my inner piggy still escapes the sty ever now and again but no were nearly as much as he use to

07/10/2013 at 13:23

Hi booktrunk - what ultra did you do ?

07/10/2013 at 13:56

Hi All, hope you don't mind me joining you.  I started running Jan 2012 to lose weight and managed to go from 254 lb down to 194 lb by the November of that year.  I stayed around that weight until about 9 weeks ago, when I developed MTSS in my left shin.  During that time my weight has slowly climbed back up to 213 lb, so need to get on top of things!!  I'm able to cross-train, cycling, rowing, weights, swimming etc. but it doesn't help with my weight in the way running does (I also hate the indoor stuff too!)  I know that I haven't been helping myself as I've let my diet slip too.  I've tried food diaries etc. but am lying to myself!  I am hoping that keeping up on this thread will keep me on the straight and narrow while also being inspired by the progress all you guys are making.  So, a starting weight of 213 lb ......

07/10/2013 at 14:04

Mazeman, welcome to the forum, I think everyone struggles at some point, but you seem very focused now on what you want, if it was me I would focus on the things you can do and try and set a goal to train for, such as cycle X miles in Y minutes and do the same for rowing, you could adopt a run training approach with speed work, tempo and then longer efforts, as for outdoors can you walk ok, if why not do that or cycling outside, good luck and keep up the good work you have still lost a considerable amount of weight.

07/10/2013 at 14:08

mazeman i know what you mean before i joined W/W i had been trying to lose the weight by myself for about 2 years with no luck at all i would lose some then something would happen and i would slip back in to old habits

the thing i like about W/W is i haven’t had to stop eating anything i was before it just taught me portion control and i have to say we actually eat better now than before i started with them with a lot more fresh food rather than per packed food

at least you know having lost the weight before you can

07/10/2013 at 16:12

Hi C&I Dad SPEN ..... that's a loooong name

Ladybower 50 miles.  Took me rather a long time 11h 54m but I did it. I'm sure some could have walked it quicker, but i'm really rather proud. I have been there and got the T-Shirt to prove it now Back next year to go sub 11h and hopefully closer to 10 than 11. But, hey just getting around again will be good.

Hello mazeman welcome good luck, and remember along with all the hardwork traning, you still need to keep in charge of the calories going in as well.

07/10/2013 at 16:16

Booktrunk - well done you did really well you should be proud, Ladybower is meant to be a good course, for me ultra's are so much more rewarding than marathons, again well done

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.