Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

A place to declare your weekly results

121 to 140 of 4,437 messages
22/10/2010 at 15:43

Yersinia - I always think it's important to give yourself times when you're not as strict as normal otherwise dieting becomes a chore.  I'm going to Paris next weekend and while I will watch what I eat and drink I won't be as strict as normal.  Enoy the weekend!!  Why only  to may to meeting with the old flame?

The weather outside is looking great for some evening running today, light wind and a little bit of cloud so it doesn't get too cold. 

22/10/2010 at 16:34

The may is because I haven't arranged a time yet, and it can be tricky trying to arrange things around my family.

I aim to strike a happy medium, but weekends with my sisters can be challenging, partly because I end up eating at different times to I'm used to (and needing alcohol). And because I'm only two and a bit weeks into the diet, I don't feel like I've really earned a holiday from it yet!

22/10/2010 at 18:27

i've just started my diet and exercise programme today and weighed in at a embarrissing 16st 9lbs need to get down to 14 st really so alot of work to do will let you know how im getting on!

22/10/2010 at 18:38

Back to work this week so food consumption went down the fruit got a hammering every time i wanted to pick good news is got on the scales today and am down to 13st so going in the right direction

No running for me the last 3 days will try and get over the gym tomorrow 

Hope everyone is keeping well

Edited: 22/10/2010 at 18:38
22/10/2010 at 19:46
Well done Toby
I have been eating a lot of grapefruits and apples. And glugging loads of water.
Hi to everyone else, i always feel i should reply to everyone individually but it gets time consuming so can i wave instead?
Hope you all have a good weekend, anyone racing this weekend?
22/10/2010 at 20:45

Hi all,

First post, i took up jogging up 3 weeks ago... mostly in the gym for 30 minutes on my work break and taking on the road at the weekends

In 3 weeks i've managed to go from running 3.14km in 30 minutes to 4.04km in 30 minutes... and on the road i've been running 4.5km in around 35minutes

And to this point i've lost 10lb

22/10/2010 at 21:19

Hi Kirk

Welcome to the thread - nice to meet you (virtually) 

Well done on your times and weight loss - that's great.  Keep it up and keep us informed.  Made up for you

Have a lovely weekend

JESS x 

22/10/2010 at 21:44

One 1lb and 0.5 inch lost must try harder next week!

Puffin 1 hope you enjoyed your run. 

am off to enjoy a stir-fry with friends.

22/10/2010 at 22:19

Kirk welcome to the thread well done on the 10lbs

Yersinia/Gary try not to think of it as a diet and more that you’re just cutting back on your fuel intake

Zara a 1lbs a 1lb it’s still a loss and it’s one more pound you don't have to lose and with 0.5”loss well done
Edited: 22/10/2010 at 22:21
23/10/2010 at 01:00

Nah, it's a diet and I'm okay with that. Except that I've just arrived at my mum's and I'm a bit tiddly, and she's bought tiger bread and I can just imagine the taste and texture of it with lashings of butter.

I've... got to be strong... and try to hold on...

23/10/2010 at 13:22

Well went up the gym today but just opted for a swim as my back was giving me jip when i got up and not showing any sign of freeing up and my knee was also playing up

yersinia  you get on with my son if anybody get between him and a loaf of  tiger bread watch out you could lose a hand

23/10/2010 at 14:58
Fantastic Kirk, well done!
Zara that's great, 1lb loss a week is really good - you're more likely to keep it off if it's slow, well done
Yersinia DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!YOU'LL ONLY REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Waves to Toby and Jess
I am cooking for the in-laws so need to find some will power (or rather, WON'T power) to not drink too much nor eat the apple puff and custard............
23/10/2010 at 17:30

Hi all, 

The run yesterday failed due to traffic and a lack of motivation!!  Got stuck in a really bad traffic jam so got home late and tired so didn't fancy going out for a run and got stuck into the red wine instead - doh!!!  Had a little bit of a hangover this morning that has passed and am trying to work up the enthusiasm to go for a run today to amke up for the missed session yesterday.  Only problem is that I have been eating Haagen Dasz this afternoon and ice cream and running down work for me!!    So, thus far the weekend has been a total failure diet wise, but tonorrow is another day - and I will be stronger!!

Toby - good for you for still doing something even if it wasn't the session you had planned.

Yersinia - did you win against the tiger bread??

Kirk - welcome and well done with your progress so far.

23/10/2010 at 18:50
Yersinia - one of my friends who is good with food says she uses the 80:20 rule - as long as she eats healthy food 80% of the time, she does not beat herself up about the other 20%. I guess this only works if you can stop at the 20%, but I thought you mention it since it might work for you.
23/10/2010 at 19:00

Zara - I'll be happy with 1lb and 1/2 inch after weigh tomorrow.

What's tiger bread?

80/20 rule is s good one - 100% diet would be miserable and difficult to keep up.

Kirk - great effort

23/10/2010 at 20:22

Hello all ... Can I join in?

Currently at 12st7.5lbs (I know this because I joined Slimming World this week-again). I can diet and am fantastic at it, unfortunately I'm even better at putting it back on. This is the heaviest I've been despite taking up running when I gave up smoking in January and currently running 5-6m three times a week. I've lost inches but the bloody scales are so stubborn! 

Weigh in is Wednesday and so far I've been ever so good this week... although there is a swiss roll bellowing at me from the kitchen.  I'm surprised you can't all hear it ;0)

23/10/2010 at 20:59
welcome
24/10/2010 at 00:40

I did beat the tiger (bread), because I wasn't really hungry, having had a nice restaurant meal, just really tempted by the lushness of it, especially under the influence. It helped to get the temptation out of my system by venting here!

I do agree that you have to allow yourself off the leash occasionally, but just two weeks into the diet, I think that I would still be in the first flush of motivation, and not needing a break from it yet. But the social aspect of eating / celebrating with kith and kin overrides dietary requirements at weekends like this one.

@Andrew - Tiger bread is fresh, soft, white bread with a crunchy, savoury, sesame-oil infused crust. Just irresistably mouthwatering.

24/10/2010 at 08:29
Welcome Gazagirl, I have been wondering what that noise was, i've been through all my cupboards and the only remotely nice thing i could find were Clif Shotblox. so it was your swiss roll eh

Well done at avoiding the bread Yersinia, i did have a small bit of apple puff and a glass of wine but hey! It was saturday night.

Hope the scale say nice things tomorrow Andrew

Zara 80/20 is what i've heard too, but i have trouble stopping

Puffin sorry things did not go as planned but you are still here and have the right attitude, yes today is another day. Tooo many times in the past i would let one bad day ruin the whole month.

I'm off to Hyde Hall today (RHS garden) with my Daughter for their 'Taste of Autumn' celebration. May have a piece of cake with our pot of tea BUT it will be lunch.

Off for a 6 miler now, enjoy your sunday everyone
24/10/2010 at 09:26

Yersinia well done for avoiding the tiger bread

Julia T have a nice time at Hyde Hall today make shore it a small piece of cake   hope the run goes well

Gazagirl welcome

Edited: 24/10/2010 at 09:28
121 to 140 of 4,437 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.