Weight Loss Tool

13 messages
31/10/2002 at 10:53
Hi,

I am running to get fit and lose weight. Problem is when I started I ate shed loads as a reward for running and guess what....more weight. So I decided to track what I was eating. I did this using a free online tool which is at

www.fitday.com

It has really helped in making me more aware of what I eat. Hope it helps someone else

PS I dont work for this site its FREE!!

Cheers
Roz
31/10/2002 at 13:47
Hi WG, Just had a look..great! Got the usual dilemma of trying to think of a login name and password but other than that, it's reallt good. FYI I have eaten 865 calories and burnt off 600 plus today! I'm good through the day but wicked on a night (I meant with eating...tut tut!)
31/10/2002 at 14:39
wow I just had a look too - its a great site - very useful although I cant be hassled filling in all activities
Roz
31/10/2002 at 14:50
Hi Zoe! You ought to have a go, it was good to find out that the three hours I spent cleaning a nicotine stained ex-rest room wasn't entirely wasted!
01/11/2002 at 19:24
I'm with you all on this one. How can I put on weight when I'm doing more exercise than ever? And don't give me that "muscle weighs more" bit - -I know when I'm fatter!!!!!
02/11/2002 at 05:46
I've been using www.fitday.com for a while and it is really helpful.
02/11/2002 at 08:53
Just had a look at the site it looks great and i am gonna give it a go
04/11/2002 at 14:51
Update:

Ok since tracking the food (for 2 weeks)and running the weight is starting to come off.

I dont weigh myself but my old (read smaller!!) trousers fit!!! I was going to bin them.

All that food diary guff seems to do the trick

such a good feeling
06/11/2002 at 07:48
i have been using the site now for a week it is BRILLIANT it makes you so aware of everything that you eat and generates great reports i recomend it to all SERIOUS weight loss activists
07/11/2002 at 23:16
Hi I'm new to the runners world site and have been browsing through it. Anything to do with weight management always interests me as I am constantly battling the bulge and losing. I can't run at the moment because I have done some ligament damage so I am taking the time to read through all the boards for inspiration. My friend and I had only been running seriosly as beginners for about 8 weeks when the injury struck. I wasn't even running at the time. Any tips to keep me motivated would be great and I will visit the fitday site since you all seem to have found it so useful.
08/11/2002 at 07:11
Anyone trying for weight loss come to "Fat Club" thread on "Health" section

Irreverant, funny, sad etc.

Successes, failures, missed opportunities - it's all there!

Say hello and you're in!

08/11/2002 at 07:39
Yep, cmon over
Evem if its just to tell us how baad youve been:)
08/11/2002 at 13:09
Hi Rosemary
What injury did you have and how long to you have to rest.
I broke my ankle last year, which needed fixing with plate and screws. I had lots of exercises walking with crutches then... oh, such muscle pain. And I was very good watching my food intake (keep telling myself that I could not reach the biscuit tin), lost some kilos these months.
Few weeks ago the plate and screws came out and I am told not to run for six weeks. I try to do some walking and swimming, but I can't get so enthousistic for it as I am for running. And I am putting on some kilos again. I then read in the forums how nice it is to run in rain and think I wish I could write that.
I should not complain. This injury time has a fixed end and I know I will get into it very quickly. I hope you have a defenite endpoint
Margriet

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.