What music to run to?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
20/03/2009 at 21:34

Don't Stop me Now by Queen works for me followed by a blast of Scouting for Girls LIVE!
20/03/2009 at 21:39
My favourite running track is "Galvanise" by Chemical brothers - keeps my motivation up a treat, especially mid-run
20/03/2009 at 21:52
I can't bear dance tunes to run too no idea why, just can't get into it, I am a fan of rock, the beat seems steadier i think, Biffy Clyro is a fav, King of Leon, Kanye West's latest and even a bit of fleetwood mac. Plus Motown always gets me going !
21/03/2009 at 06:45
Tom Tom T. Barrow wrote (see)

Every week someone asks. Every week I say...

Metallica - S&M

Try it, you'll be surprised.

I love this album, but never thought to try running to it. Will have a go. Thanks
07/04/2009 at 22:05

I love The Fratellis second album, The white Stripes and anything by The Proclaimers....

Absolutely despise dance music!

08/04/2009 at 11:28

My current playlist on the ipod is:

Mamma Mia cast's- Gimme, Gimme, Gimme; and Voulez-Vous

Christine Aguilera - Candy Man (surprisingly good)

Propane nightmares

Greenday

Rob Dougan

Rammstein

Lady Gaga

Infernal

Infinity 2008 (Klaas remix)

My other choices will include (when I get round to it) Muse, Placebo, Metallica, Nickelback, Seether, and almost certainly some more dance tracks.

Eclectic me.

08/04/2009 at 13:46
I love U2's new CD but haven't run to it yet.

Agree with The Fratellis,Kaiser Chiefs,Lady Gaga,Razorlight etc
Edited: 08/04/2009 at 13:46
08/04/2009 at 14:00
The sound of nature for me every time.
08/04/2009 at 15:20

In my one and only half marathon I was really flagging when a bootleg mix of Eye of the Tiger and some rap song came one.....and it really made me pick my legs up...couldn't have timed it better if I'd tried! I always have my pod on shuffle for running just to keep me guessing and have a real mixture on it including:

Chemical Brothers, Masters at work, the Smiths, the Cure, too many dj's, depeche mode, duran duran, groove armada, old skool reggae stuff - no idea who its by, Johnny Cash, Mint Royale, Flying Pops, Blondie, Zero 7, Chungking, Lemon Jelly...a right old weird mixture basically!!

I am well up for trying Metallica! Might try some GnR's too!

08/04/2009 at 16:21

Anything by AC/DC

The Live Album is particularly good with three 10min songs with Angus Young Guitar Solos.

Can't beat the solos for keeping you going!

09/04/2009 at 14:08

I love Kings of Leon, the new Lily Allen album and then a few single tracks get me going like Womanizer (Britney  sorry!), FloRida - Right Round and Low...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.