what next ?

3 messages
30/10/2002 at 22:51
Hi gang - still on a high after having run my first race in 25yrs,a 1:45 in the Stroud H/M last Sunday. My poser is "what next" and "when". Should I be training & resting for so many weeks? and aiming at perhaps a 10k or any other tips that will lead me to my next race, Cratchers
31/10/2002 at 10:04
Cratchers

What do you want your running to do for you?

eg
treat the 1/2M as a stepping stone towards a one-off attempt to run a marathon and then stop coz "been there got the T shirt" syndrome takes over

become an occasional social long distance runner entering 3/4 "big events" per year at 1/2M & full M distance.

decide you want the variety and camaraderie that comes from training and racing regularly with a group of like minded souls. ie racing with increased competitiveness every 2/3 weeks over distances from 5mile to 1/2M. and you want tha 1:45 to become 1:40 to become 1:37 etc etc. In which case join a local club.

Only you can decide. Whichever the Forum embraces all of the and more.

Good luck
31/10/2002 at 22:24
sfh legs,

thanx for the advice - I had not looked at it in those terms,just thought got to go for something else ! - must admit I do fancy the marathon and have applied for "flm" but it will be the "luck of the ballot" for me. thanxs again, Cratchers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.