What now?

1 message
31/10/2012 at 08:28

Hi,

New to this I completed my first ever event on Sunday the Great south run and really enjoyed it - I decided to start running as my hectic work life which includes a lot of travelling internationally was starting to stress me out - I found running a fantastic mind cleanser! I finished the GSR in 1.22 which I am told is quite respectable for a first timer - I was delighted to finish although I struggled on the last few miles and a half marathon seems a long distance to me now compared with 10 Miles!!

My question is what would people suggest I move to now my ultimate goal will be to complete a marathon but because of my work schedule I can only train 2-3 times a week usually an hour at a time - Sunday mornings I have been doing a 1.20 run.

I dont think feel a marathon is acheivable in 2013 but find the motivation of having a event makes me train even if I dont feel like it sometimes!

There is a half marathon local to me in Gosport in 3 weeks time would this be to soon after the run I did Sunday and what training advise would people no give me to go upto the Half Marathon distance?

I want to keep this going now so any advise is very well received. Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.