When will it stop hurting?!

(I'm such a wimp)

21 to 28 of 28 messages
17/10/2002 at 17:22
Sassie
Perhaps it's too many cheesy footballs!

Sorry couldn't resist it. Hope you get your problem sorted.
17/10/2002 at 23:46
Cheesy footballs count!!
Hope your E mail is enabled
18/10/2002 at 01:05
Hi Sassie,
I totally understand your querie about when to run.
I started running again at the beginning of Aug, after an 18 yr break (yawn yawn!!). My inspiration being my brother, who abstained for a similar amount of time, and who is now annoyingly quick (fit, glowing and happy! [bastard!])
When I started again, I expected to be pretty good straight away, and got demoralised pretty darn quick. Me bro gave me some good advice: leave atleast 3~4 hrs between eating and running, drink shed loads of water(all day), don't try too hard.

18/10/2002 at 08:41
Hi everyone, nice to see this thread revitalised. Well, an update, about a month on from my original complaints! I've taken the 'start slower' thing very seriously, and can now run for 35 mins without stopping, covering a distance of 3.6 miles. Tomorrow I'm going out for a 5.4 mile run, and if I have to walk some of it, so what?! On November 17 I'll be in Brighton for the 10K. So..... I persevered, made extra time by getting up at 5.25am instead of 5.45, and it's working. Thanx for all the encouragement.
Sassie x
18/10/2002 at 11:56
It has been really nice to read this thread. It is nice to know that I am not the only one having problems. When I started run I seemed to get hung up on doing 10min miling and then couldn't run for more than 10-15 mins. Now I have really slowed down and run quiet comfortably for 30 mins.

I am also entered for the Brighton 10K, so I might see you there.
18/10/2002 at 12:08
Sassis
I guess that you havent had the chest paid since, but I wonder if it could have been a stitch. I have had a stitch in the most weird places. Sometimes in a race I get one in my shoulder/chest. Glad you are keeping it going. Good luck in the 10k. What kind of puppy are you going to get?
18/10/2002 at 12:43
Sassie - well done!! (both for the running and for getting up that early!)
18/10/2002 at 13:29
Thanx guys. The puppy is a standard poodle, a little girl. I've already got a boy who's 15 months. And no funny haircuts!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.