Whey Protein powder

best brand and low in price

10 messages
09/06/2012 at 10:50

I was looking for some advice on what protein powder to get. I have found a 'Lonsdale' 908 g for £13.99 and a 'Hench' 2.25k for £24.95.

Can anyone offer advice on quality, prices etc? Thank you.

I am due to run a 10k in August and looking for something to help with burn more fat and build up stamina.

09/06/2012 at 13:13

Hi, I use a site called discountsupplements.co.uk for all my sports nutrition stuff. I have always found them to be excellent. With regards to protein powder the brand I buy is Dymatize, I think it's about £29.99 for a tub containing 70+ servings. Good luck with the 10k - I'm also doing one in August!

09/06/2012 at 21:48

The 10k I am doing is 'Race The Train' in Tywyn, N.Wales and I am raising money so I need to have the stamina to complete it! what 10k are you doing in August?

Thanks for the advice btw.

09/06/2012 at 21:53

could you send me the link to the product as I am having trouble finding it, thank you again!.

11/06/2012 at 00:00

I go on a website called myprotein.co.uk

I'm liking the products and their taste.

I use the lean protein thing. Got a massive bag downstairs and CLA pills.

M...eldy    pirate
11/06/2012 at 01:26

IMO you could save your money by improving your diet

Do you really need protein powder for a 10k?

11/06/2012 at 08:09
For a 10k? Really? You'd better be aiming for 30:00 - 35:00.

I'd have thought just drinking enough water and eating enough clean calories would be enough, unless you're cross training massively or a vegan.

I now use myprotein.com. You can find discount codes online easily enough, and if you can stomach the unflavoured, it's very cheap and doesn't have any junk in it. I go for the smooth chocolate: it doesn't contain any aspartame or anything. I pay about 38 pounds for 2.5kg, I think.

That's a very good price for the Hench you've found. I've seen reviews that have said the whey protein is 50% sugar, but perhaps they were getting confused with the mass gainer product.
11/06/2012 at 10:49

Here's the link:

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopsearch.asp?btn_search.x=0&btn_search.y=0&search=dymatize

I use the Elite Whey Protein (banana flavour).It's got about 25g protein per serving and is virtually sugar free. After longer runs (10 miles +) I also use Waxy Maize powder as it's helps muscle recovery.

I know protein powder etc isn't everyones cup of tea but I do find it helps as I tend to do 30 miles plus per week and 1 - 2 weights sessions.

I'm doing a local (to me) race in August - Reepham Summertime 10k  then the City of Norwich half marathon in November

11/06/2012 at 15:48

I take Myofusion - I haven't tried any other protein drink, so I can't say for sure, but it tastes really nice (milk chocolate flavour) - it's like a creamy chocolate drink, mixes really well in a shaker bottle and family members have said they've noticed results.   Note - I'm taking it for muscle and strength building.

£37.99 will get you a massive 2.2kg tub - you can get a 900lb one for £21 or so, but I think the former's better value.

Edited: 11/06/2012 at 15:48
12/06/2012 at 19:20

thank you for all of the advice. The protein isn't just for the 10k as I will be continuing my running after and I do have a balanced diet but maybe could do with eating more bananas!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.