Why could my ankles suddenly start killing me when I'm running

4 messages
09/05/2012 at 18:54

(First post)

I've been doing short runs (1/2 mile is all I can manage at the moment) everyday for about 1 week now and am in love with running but suddenly today my ankles stated killing me after 2 minutes . It was the first time running in my new proper running shoes and the first time on a new, slightly longer route. Would this do it? My ankles never hurt like this before. The pain in right at the front. Is it just a beginner thing?

Edited: 09/05/2012 at 18:55
M...eldy    pirate
09/05/2012 at 19:50

Were you correctly emasured and assesed for your new shoes?

If you are in that much pain in that quick a time then I would return to the shop that you brought them from and explain to them

09/05/2012 at 21:29

M...eldy: Thanks for the reply. Yes, they filmed me run on the tredmill and said I was normal, and just needed cushioning shoes - and they're very comfortable on my feet.

As soon as I stop running, it burns for a second, then the pain goes away until I try to run again. Very fustrating when I have to stop even though I'm not out of breath.

10/05/2012 at 12:13

Maybe you are suffering because the arch support is wrong, perhaps transferring stress to your ankle ? Only a guess, bu as Meldy has said, go back to the shop and explain. If it's sweatshop they should replace and are normally quite helpful

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.