Winter Clothes

Chilly Knees!

5 messages
03/10/2002 at 14:23
HI

I only started running this summer and now enjoy my daily run round the block in my shorts & t-shirt.

But "winter draws on" and I was wondering what to wear during the colder months - something easy to was and hopefully iron free -- any ideas???

Cheers
03/10/2002 at 16:11
Last winter I bought myself a pair of running tights (nice Ron Hill ones with a fluo stripe down the side) and a thin fleece by Viewfrom. And a fluo woolly hat. I may look like a Belisha Beacon but at least I won't get run over!

None of the above needs ironing and even if it did, I wouldn't bother. It's dark!
03/10/2002 at 17:10
A pair of old socks make good mittens and can be dropped in the nearest waste bin if one gets warm enough. Personally I prefer tracksters to tights, but this is simply a matter of taste.
PS What is 'ironing'?
03/10/2002 at 18:06
I've already bought my winter kit - leggings/tracksuit bottoms with rainproof over-trousers, long sleeve sports tops with a rain-proof training jacket over the top, which has a hood - God I'm gonna be boiling aren't I..!!! I'm with Wurzel & Trickle on the ironing business too!
Michelle x
03/10/2002 at 19:53
Thanks Everyone -- Ron Hill's tracksters it is, along with a nice warm wicking fleece - I will give the hat and old socks a miss if you dont mind!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.