working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

204,661 to 204,680 of 233,794 messages
M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2012 at 18:05

Good start with the barefoot running Chuggs .. def slowly slowly catchee monkey with those!!

I had to withdraw from the Marshman due to the recentvet bill, it was an expense I couldnt justify so I get to do my very own DIY half IM tomorow instead ...!! I might even win!

Talking of vet bills and the FGO, popped up this morning and decided he was breathing a little to heavy again so decided against riding.   I put him out in the field and he *galloped* away ... bucking and farting like a goodun.   Ever felt you are being taken for a ride .. literally !!!

05/05/2012 at 19:43

What a pity you didn't ride - it's makes a glorious picture ...

Suspect Mr P has a quiet drive to work - there's some football match on apparently ... (although last night was busy as North Wales filled up for the Bank Holiday weekend)

05/05/2012 at 19:45

Oh, I've just seen the score ... Even Evertonians didn't want Chelsea to win after the way they behaved at the Hillsborough minutes silence.

M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2012 at 19:46

Football I presume?  I know nothing and am happy that way 

Yes I suspect that a morning out with the FGO would have been fun !!

05/05/2012 at 20:24

What the fek has been going on with RW????

05/05/2012 at 20:32

I am having a celebratory glass of wine.........UNI WORK IS DONE (subject to results of course!)   So can I have my life back?????

Its been a bit flippin crazy I can tell you:

1 - Mum has temp blindness due to catarac in both eye, her doctor and diabetic nurse have been pissing around refering her to the surgeon.  Mum is so depressed and scared all the time, so I went the docs with her last week and sorted it.  The nurse looked right pissed off because she was being put out, but i wasnt leaving there without the referal.  She is now on the waiting list and on the list for a cancellation. 

05/05/2012 at 20:37

house it ticking along nicely, touching all wood in the hope that it continues.  We're just in limbo deciding if we're moving or not 

Ive applied for another job in Exeter, so just have to wait and see what happens.  MrS didnt get shrotlisted for his job, but there is plenty of work about for him.

loads of crap going on at work, witha  few heated meetings, i'm being careful though because I might need a reference!!!

And finally on this self ind post......I have put on 1.5 stone since i started this uni course, so the weightloss battle commences (and quickly because I have hardly anything to wear!!!)

<<<wine anyone>>>

05/05/2012 at 21:22

Snaily well done on the UNI work a glass or even a full bottle is called for

I not sure about this new layout on RW I have lost the "link" indicator at the top so how do you put links in now ??

M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2012 at 21:25

I have it Westie?   What browser are you running??

It may be that RW know how dodgy your links are 

Well done Snaily ... enjoy the wine!

Time for bed here, early swim, bike and run in the morning 

05/05/2012 at 21:28

I'm of to bed too, suddenly feeling very tired. 

05/05/2012 at 22:01

Have tried  Firefox and IE  it is there but faint and does not select when mouse pointer over it.

05/05/2012 at 22:50

Westie - you have to highlight some text first, then it shows up darker.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=bad+jokes&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=L2n&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&biw=1280&bih=895&tbm=isch&tbnid=JaV0d77HL2DBdM:&imgrefurl=http://thegingerscribbler.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/bad-jokes/&docid=xBH8BYoeJZiWkM&imgurl=http://thegingerscribbler.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bad-jokes.jpg&w=468&h=340&ei=qaClT8v-MeSq0QXx7unnAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=548&sig=107522816276474336569&page=1&tbnh=161&tbnw=208&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:72&tx=136&ty=38 - just for you

Edited: 05/05/2012 at 22:53
05/05/2012 at 22:53

Well I did answer your question!

Now the next question ... how do I make the link into a proper hyperlink?

06/05/2012 at 03:22

Morning

Am I first up?

Note the forced smile - I WILL have fun

It's dry (at least) but rather windy currently here in the SE but at least with the cloud cover the temp is staying higher than in other parts of the country - or so I'm telling myself

Happy Sundays

06/05/2012 at 03:58
Good luck podds. I am night shifting, needs must.
06/05/2012 at 06:44

morning each,

Cripes Podds where are you off too at that hour?

well done on the Uni stuff Snails.

I'm up and doing early to get a long ride in before lunch.  Cool but dry here so should be ok.  I plan to do a hilly 4 hours.  

Coffee is brewing.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/05/2012 at 07:08

morning

good luck Podds, I hope the day is kind to you

dry but cloudy here, I may go out on the bike later

I spent the day in Cardiff yesterday and bought loads of lovely material and beeds, so a couple of days of sewing and jewellery making for me 

06/05/2012 at 07:34

That sounds lovely Sue

Less lovely sounds Amandax nightshift..

even lesser Noggs bike ride...

and whatever Podds is doing is down right madness!!

We're off to the Barry Trotter studio tour!!

06/05/2012 at 08:53

Morning all and Podds good for you I like the early morning starts you have the roads to yourself.

Off up the Lomonds for a little jog (I think) or may just stick to the tow3n park.

have a good one.

06/05/2012 at 09:35

Morning,

Crikey, it looks as if Podds had to get up before she'd been to bed !! GO GO GO Podds, RARARA

Good to have you back, Chuggy. I was worried that you might have lost your internet connection, but it seems that yo were waging war against weeds instead. Well done on starting barefoot running - when is your 5k with C1?

Have a good day, Westie.  Haven't tried to insert links yet so don't know whether it works for me. It is interesting that Pippi's 'link' overran the page rather than stretching the textboxes as with the old system.

Respect, Meldy, getting out and doing the equivalent of 1/2IM on your own must take a lot of grit.

Sue, a quiet day sewing and making jewelery sounds very restful after your recent exploits.

I think we have decided on the Poole town museum for today - it is local and undercover.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.